“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My family and I consistently eat here almost every Friday. The service has always been good (sometimes exceptional), and the food is very, very tasty. We always enjoy snacking on the chips and salsa as we wait for our meals. I generally get chicken soft-shell tacos with refried beans and french fries. For kids, they have anything from simple mexican (like tacos) to american (cheeseburgers). The wait never seems to be too long, and the atmosphere is great as well.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not worth a second visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Very disappointed with the food. We started with cheese dip that tasted like it came from a velvetta box. Our children had fajitas. It was an unseasoned chicken breast on top of a half of onion. One little slice of raw green pepper on top of the chicken. The Mexican restaurants we usually go to have onion, green pepper, and red peppers. My kids love the veggies so they were not happy. My husband had shredded beef tacos. Of the two tacos he ate 2/3 of one. He said it was like eating a roast beef sandwich. I had a chicken alfredo burrito that was good. Not good enough to try it again.

green bay,wi
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We like to sit at the bar and chat for a while, warm chips, salsa, beer and marguaritas hit the spot..bartenders were great...ordered from the bar and then went to the table to eat, which is also what we like...food was very good..choice of sides which we also like..good service..and priced right..we will be back.

Visited March 2014
Wisconsin
“I stand corrected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have to say that I'm the first one to say when I'm wrong and in this case, I was wrong in my review of Caliente Restaurant. Went there tonight to celebrate my birthday and was pleasantly surprised with the greeting, food and overall service. I had a coupon for my birthday and was able to use that to cover my dinner which was one of the nightly specials. The special that I ordered was called Margarita Chicken Chipotle Quesadilla and was delicious.

It definitely pays to give places a second chance even when you've had a previous not so good experience. And I'm absolutely glad that I did.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Good food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Friends recommended this place so we decided to give it a try. It is a nice place; quiet with tasteful decor. We were seated in the back room with comfortable padded seat chairs. Our waitress was very friendly and professional. We didn't order any special drinks (just beer and soda), but they did have a very extensive specialty drink menu. The chips and salsa were good (warm chips and a good bite in the salsa). I ordered the seafood chimichanga platter and my wife had the chicken chimichanga platter. Our friends had the beef chimichanga platter and a beef burrito platter. The main dishes were very good, but the Spanish rice was dark in color and not what we were expecting. OK at best. The portions were good and we had no room for desert which the waitress did offer. When we got the bill, she delivered some mini White Russians in a plastic shot glass! They were tasty and a nice treat after the meal! The location is not close to us, so we may only be back once or twice in the next year, but it is a good option for Mexican if you are in the De Pere area. THANKS

• Visited December 2013