“Nice stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in De Pere
Ames, Iowa
“Nice stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had a nice stay at the Kress Inn. The location was great and close to a lot of restaurants. The staff was friendly and promptly helped me out when I accidentally locked myself out of my room!

The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet.

Definitely a bit different than what I am used to..has a bit of a unique charm that chain hotels just don't have. I loved it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Laura N, General Manager at Kress Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we are glad you loved our hotel. Our beautiful downtown location does put us close to several great restaurants. Hopefully you were able to try a couple during your stay. We pride ourselves on offering radical hospitality at all times and it sounds like you experienced that in both the service at the Front Desk and in your clean and comfortable room. Our staff really does try to make this a home away from home. You described us perfectly, a little different, a little unique! We hope to see you again soon.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spent a recent weekend at the Kress Inn while in Green Bay for a wedding. We were very pleased with accommodations. Our room was comfortable and the bathroom large and well lit. We found the staff helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.
We weren't looking for amenities such as hot tubs or pools and since we shower, weren't concerned with the absence of a bathtub. We found the room to be very clean and well stocked with paper products and items such as shampoo and lotions. The buffet breakfast was well stocked.
We wholeheartedly endorse the Kress Inn and hope to return someday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Kress Inn on your recent visit, we love being able to share in celebrations! We are so delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Our staff works hard to ensure that each area of our hotel is very clean and that we have what it takes to make our guests feel comfortable during their stay. We are also very fortunate that all of our staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They love what they do and it shows. We hope you have the opportunity to come back and stay with us again soon.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was my first trip to this particular hotel. I could have chosen Sleep Inn or Quality Inn or even Comfort Suites, but decided to try the Ascent Collection. The room was nice, comfortable. Apparently this particular hotel had only showers. The internet went down while I was reading important mail. Called the front desk - no answer. Called the internet provider Ethostream. They answered, said they would call hotel front desk, ask them to "reboot" their system. I went down to front desk, no one was around. I travel frequently and stay at lots of hotels. I know of what I speak! There should ALWAYS be a staff member at front desk. I could have taken the computer monitor or anything else. Front desk staff should stay at front desk, not hide in back room. I wanted directions to a certain restaurant. No one around to ask! Being new in area. Last time I will come here!

Room Tip: Several cars parked at entrance. Lucky to get spot just to check in. Parking lot across street was s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Laura N, General Manager at Kress Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We understand that you have many lodging choices when you travel and we take that very seriously by trying to always provide outstanding guest service. We are glad that you thought your room was nice and comfortable. Unfortunately, it sounds like the rest of the service you expect during your stay, and we want to provide, was lacking. Being a small hotel from time to time our staff has to take care of guest and service needs throughout the hotel. Someone on our staff should always be accessible by phone and an unanswered phone call is inexcusable. We also know that all of our guests rely on the internet and when there is a disruption in the service it makes your stay less satisfying. We are working with our internet provider, Ethostream, to ensure that our service remains reliable to help prevent guests being impacted especially during hours of prime use. I truly apologize for the trouble you experienced during your stay with us; we strive daily for high guest satisfaction and fell extremely short during your stay.
Garden City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Such a clean and comfortable hotel. Staff was very helpful. Sharing a room, I slept on the pullout bed. Even that was comfortable. I left my iPad charger behind in the room after check out. They found it and are shipping it to me at no cost.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laura N, General Manager at Kress Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We are so glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable. Our staff works extremely hard to take care of each and every guest that stays with us. From extremely clean rooms to terrific guest service, we each take pride in serving our guests. I am also glad we were able to reconnect you with your ipad charger and sending it back at no charge is just our way of continuing to offer great guest service even after your stay. We hope you visit us again soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is nice. However, there is no pool or hot tub, and after traveling, I like to soak. Our room only had a shower, so I didn't get to do that. The location is great and the atmosphere is really nice. The room was a nice size.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Escanaba, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Kress Inn is very nice and clean!! The rooms are like you would want your bedroom to be at home!! just plain comfortable. Although there is no pool it is just so comfy. They have a wine reception Mon - Thurs and we enjoyed a glass of wine with a very nice couple in the lobby. I always stay here when I visit Green Bay

Room Tip: Best Value for your money. Sometimes I can get coupons from our local radio station for this hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I typically stay at larger chain hotels when I travel, but the fantastic service and amenities I received at the Kress Inn have inspired me to try more "boutique" hotels when I travel. I stayed in the Presidential suite with a fireplace and whirlpool this past weekend and was so pleased by everything about our stay! The room was comfortable - not too cramped, with a couch, bed, desk, kitchenette area, bathroom, whirlpool and fireplace. From our windows we had a lovely view of St. Norbert College's campus. The room was immaculately cleaned, linens were very comfortable, and the fireplace and whirlpool added a romantic element to our stay. The room had a microwave and mini fridge, which believe it or not, are NOT in that many hotel rooms nowadays. When I am traveling I often have leftovers from dining out, and it was no issue at this hotel. My favorite things about the room were how spacious the hot tub was (and that you could see the tv from it!), how comfortable the bed was, and the fact that the tv was able to turn easily so you could watch it comfortably from bed, the couch, or the hot tub. While we did not need much assistance from the staff, they were exceptionally courteous when we checked in and out, and the hotel lobby was cozy and had charming St. Norbert touches. Lastly, the hotel is within walking distance from at least 11 bars, restaurants and coffee shops, making it easy to enjoy your evening without having to worry about driving back to the hotel. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is spacious and comfortable, with beautiful views of campus!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kress Inn? Share your experiences!