“A cut above the rest.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in De Pere
Garden City, Michigan
“A cut above the rest.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Such a clean and comfortable hotel. Staff was very helpful. Sharing a room, I slept on the pullout bed. Even that was comfortable. I left my iPad charger behind in the room after check out. They found it and are shipping it to me at no cost.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laura N, General Manager at Kress Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We are so glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable. Our staff works extremely hard to take care of each and every guest that stays with us. From extremely clean rooms to terrific guest service, we each take pride in serving our guests. I am also glad we were able to reconnect you with your ipad charger and sending it back at no charge is just our way of continuing to offer great guest service even after your stay. We hope you visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is nice. However, there is no pool or hot tub, and after traveling, I like to soak. Our room only had a shower, so I didn't get to do that. The location is great and the atmosphere is really nice. The room was a nice size.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Escanaba, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Kress Inn is very nice and clean!! The rooms are like you would want your bedroom to be at home!! just plain comfortable. Although there is no pool it is just so comfy. They have a wine reception Mon - Thurs and we enjoyed a glass of wine with a very nice couple in the lobby. I always stay here when I visit Green Bay

Room Tip: Best Value for your money. Sometimes I can get coupons from our local radio station for this hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I typically stay at larger chain hotels when I travel, but the fantastic service and amenities I received at the Kress Inn have inspired me to try more "boutique" hotels when I travel. I stayed in the Presidential suite with a fireplace and whirlpool this past weekend and was so pleased by everything about our stay! The room was comfortable - not too cramped, with a couch, bed, desk, kitchenette area, bathroom, whirlpool and fireplace. From our windows we had a lovely view of St. Norbert College's campus. The room was immaculately cleaned, linens were very comfortable, and the fireplace and whirlpool added a romantic element to our stay. The room had a microwave and mini fridge, which believe it or not, are NOT in that many hotel rooms nowadays. When I am traveling I often have leftovers from dining out, and it was no issue at this hotel. My favorite things about the room were how spacious the hot tub was (and that you could see the tv from it!), how comfortable the bed was, and the fact that the tv was able to turn easily so you could watch it comfortably from bed, the couch, or the hot tub. While we did not need much assistance from the staff, they were exceptionally courteous when we checked in and out, and the hotel lobby was cozy and had charming St. Norbert touches. Lastly, the hotel is within walking distance from at least 11 bars, restaurants and coffee shops, making it easy to enjoy your evening without having to worry about driving back to the hotel. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is spacious and comfortable, with beautiful views of campus!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I won an overnight stay at this hotel and decided to use it a few weekends ago. We had a jacuzzi/fireplace suite. At check in the front desk gal gave us some helpful suggestions for lunch and we were able to get an early check in. The entire hotel, room, and breakfast area were immaculately clean and seemed updated and new for this being an older hotel. I was very pleased with our stay. The room was quiet, comfy, clean, and large.

Room Tip: Corner suite was large and sunny
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Woodbury, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel. Of the 20 days my wife and I spent in hotel rooms this year this was the only hotel that manage to clean our room everyday. I know that should be expected but it seems harder and harder to find hotels that are able to do that. In fact they were replacing carpet on the first floor hallway that could have passed for being brand new at another hotel we stayed at this year.

The staff is always warm, friendly, and helpful. The hotel has a continental breakfast no restaurant, however in the two block area there were a dozen or so restaurants, bagel shops, and or pubs within walking distance. There are plenty of fine places to eat if you have a car too.

The location of the hotel is very close to everything. My mother-in-law is only three buildings away on the edge of St. Norbert College and is the reason we visited. Lambeau Field is only 5 miles away and there is free mass transit bus service to the field that starts behind the hotel. Expect rates to be higher and availability to be harder when the Packers have a home game.

It was two years since our last visit and they have maintained their high standards.

Looking on a map, the location does not seem ideal unless you had business at St. Norbert's College or downtown De Pere, WI. However travel time was only 15 mintues to downtown Green Bay, the airport, or Lambeau Field (non-game days). On the east coast, the travel time would be double that just due to traffic congestion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My son goes to St Norbert College he is currrently a junior, We have always stayed at the Kress Inn since he has been up here for all events including his football games. I feel like I am home when I stay here, One of your employees by the name of Sue always gives us a warm welcome when we arrive, she has a great personality and always with a bright smile. I had an experience in which our suitcases did not arrive on time and she made sure she gave us what we needed to make us feel comfortable. I recommend the Kress Inn to anyone that will be staying in the Depere area. My experience and comfort the best of all. Thank you very much Joe & Lidice Hernandez.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kress Inn? Share your experiences!