“A Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in De Pere
Western Wisconsin
“A Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed just one night while on business. Very nice hotel. Both hot & cold choices for breakfast, solid wi-fi signal, and helpful staff. Lots of construction in the Green Bay/DePere area, though, so be sure to check on road/ramp closures prior to your trip. Staff was able to direct me to a route that avoided the construction.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My son's wedding reception was not far from the Sleep Inn. When we viewed the property before my son and his fiancee set up the block of rooms for the day of the wedding, we were told that the shuttle would be available at any time with just a phone call. As the time of the wedding got closer another wedding group also booked rooms. Because of this, they were told that the shuttle would run at 4, 5 & 6 and then at 10, 11 and 12 and that no one would be left behind at 12. At 3:45 we went to the lobby to catch the shuttle for the 4:00 run. The shuttle was leaving because it was full. There were 6 people in the lobby that couldn't get on the shuttle because there was no room and the fella in the lobby told us we would have to wait until 5 for the next shuttle. We told him that we were there for the 4:00 shuttle and that he should make additional arrangements for the rest of us to be picked up. He said he was sorry but that was corporate policy. We complained enough so that the shuttle came back and took the additional people but then at the 11:00 run a similar problem. This was the reverse, the shuttle was early, 10:45, and there were 4 people in the shuttle. The shuttle left and when several of the guests were there at 11, the guests who were outside smoking said they had left. These guests called the hotel and were told the shuttle would be right back. At 11:45 the shuttle showed up. The shuttle was filled up and there was a guest who said he had 4 more people to go and the shuttle driver said he wouldn't be back because this was the 12 final run. We again complained and the shuttle did return for those additional guests.

The Sleep Inn is clean and the breakfast was wonderful but if you offer an additional service that can't be handled properly it spoils the overall visit.

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't over the entrance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

All in all this is a nice, clean property. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the decor was up to date. At check-in, you get the normal sheet and was asked to "sign here"allowing for your card to be run. There was also a place to initial the rate. In the morning my bill was slipped under the door and I noticed there was a safe warranty charge of $1.50. I commented that I did not use the safe and did not remember initialing the charge. That is when I was told I had signed for the charge at check-in. I then saw a sign about 6 feet away at the end of the counter.They gladly took the charge off but it was an annoying part to an otherwise pleasant stay. If you are looking for a Choice Hotel in the Green Bay area I would highly recommend this property. Just beware of the hidden extra charges.

Room Tip: There is road construction that is re-routing traffics in front of the building. Ask about a quiet r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manistique Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter and grand kids to do school shopping. It is a real nice place. It was clean and the staff was very nice. The kids used the pool and hot tub, They loved it. The breakfast in the morning was very good.We had a rollaway brought in for the youngest child. All in all it was a great stay!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Wife and I came up and stayed here for the Thursday night Bears/Packer game. Location of the hotel from Lambeau was fine, no issues here. Room was nicely decorated, pool/hot tub no issues. Beds were fine (better than I had anticipated) but there were only 4 small pillows on the bed. Although they were nice pillows it was initially odd to get comfortable but once asleep there was no problem.

Here is why we deduct a star. Upon check in we were confused by a strange off-handed comment by the Front Desk clerk who seemed like she was just trying to "relate" to us being from Chicago. The conversation went "Oh, so you are from Chicago? You guys are always like Whatchu talkin about?" Was this an off handed racist comment or was it an archaic "Diff'rent Strokes" comment that was only the first thing that came to her mind? I thought this even more strange because my wife and I arent African-American. We didnt make a comment back to her about this because we just wanted to keep it moving. Awkward moment to say the least. I suppose it was bad on our part for not bringing this up to a manager but we didnt want any "ado" on our trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel. It was exceptionally clean which I love. The staff was super friendly. The rooms were cleaned promptly each morning. There is an adequate breakfast buffet with light fare. I might request a second floor room next time. It was a little bit loud in the morning but not too bad. Shuttle picked up right at the front door to take passengers to the stadium. Round trip was only $6 each. Great deal.

Room Tip: Probably would ask for 2nd floor. Might be a little bit quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Oregon City, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was a clean friendly place to stay. The first night, the frig was making a loud noise so someone came and unplugged it. He said they would fix it the next day. That did not happen. I reported it again and was told it would be fixed. On to day 3, it was not fixed. I did leave and had reservations to return in a few days. The second stay I had a room where everything worked.
Also, had problems with the waffle maker. Others had some problems with it sticking and dough not getting done properly. Other than these human errors, I will probably stay here again since it is close to family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites, Green Bay Airport? Share your experiences!