“Best Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in DeForest
Carmel, Indiana, United States
“Best Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We LOVED our stay at the Comfort Inn in Deforest. They have a regular pool, kiddie pool and very large hot tub. Was shocked to see it used salt water process that I have only seen in high end resorts in Florida. The price was great (awesome actually). Breakfast was good with a lot of variety. Staff was friendly. Had a maintenance issue that was fixed within 15 minutes of calling front desk. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: They sold out of extra beds before we arrived.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sales5025, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed 5 nights while at a conference and found this hotel to be functional and clean. The room included a couch, coffee table, microwave and small frig. The pool area had a whirlpool, pool and kiddy pool. The breakfast is adequate and there's a small bar and conference center on site. The bedding was the least favorite part of the stay - very industrial. My room had dusty corners and an old beer next to the bedside table. I mentioned it to the staff and they cleaned a little more carefully the next day. The hotel is right off the interstate but it's about 30 minute drive to downtown Madison and 45 minutes to WI Dells. That said - there are a nice assortment of local restaurants within a 10-15 minute drive.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a room on the backside facing the cornfield. It will be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Riverview, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were here for a wedding on the premise's. We had a king suite on the 2nd floor. The room was huge! The bed was very comfortable and we slept great. Breakfast in the morning was the typical card filled kind. I always search out the hard-boiled eggs. If in the area again we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lots of extra room in the king suites.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sales5025, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for a great review! We look forward to having you back again soon!
Road Warrior
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Overall this is a pretty solid hotel and at under $70 per night (AAA rate) a fair deal as well. My room was decently sized, very clean, well kept and everything worked at it should. One of the biggest plusses was the HUGE flat screen tv, also the wireless Internet worked well and was reasonably quick at around 3Mbps download speeds. The in room microwave and fridge was a nice touch as well.

Primarily the only things I did not care for are a matter of personal preference. For example I felt the bed/mattress was way too firm for my taste, if you like a firmer mattress then you'll be OK but if you can only sleep on a more plush one I would not stay here.

The room has no desk but does have a small table w/ two chairs, those chairs were also very hard and uncomfortable and not well suited to someone who was traveling on business that needed to work from his room at a comfortable desk and chair.

I personally do not care for hotels that have water softeners as this one does, some may like it but I just can't get over that slimy feeling of the water.

Finally the rooms have tv's in the bathrooms, I really didn't see the need for that. The bathrooms are small enough as it is, I almost clocked my head more then once on the wall mounted tv. Also, electronics like that are not meant to be in a small confined space with all that heat and humidity from the shower so it could potentially be a shock hazard. Not to mention who wants to touch a disgusting tv remote control as some one was taking a #2 and flipping through the channels with it....lol...yuck.

Beyond that though the hotel is fine for the average traveler passing through town. It's certainly better then the average Comfort Inn just wasn't well set up for me personally, I'll call this one 3.25 stars.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our guests where our strengths and weaknesses are. We certainly hope we will see you again in the future!
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in a king room - Thursday and Friday. Check-in and out went smooth; great staff and service.
*Clean, spacious rooms - sparkling bathroom (no kidding)
*Comfortable beds
*Free internet in room
*Nice pool and hot tub
*Wonderful, fresh, clean breakfast area
*Easy to get to, safe area, nice parking

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sales5025, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind words - we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to you staying with us again!
Chicago,IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I don't even know where to start. Recently my boyfriend and I took a trip to the Dells.Before leaving on our trip my dad let us take his Subaru along for the trip since it had more room than either of our cars. We stayed at Mt Olympus. The room was about $75 a night with a discount. They sent us across the street to some motel looking building. Although the outside didn't look too great we were somewhat pleased with the room. After checking out I noticed the key wasn't working to unlock the car. Later I find out from my mom that the key they gave us only worked for to start up the car. Luckily, the gentlemen next to us was kind enough to break into the car for us. That ruined the whole day for us so we called it a night and hung out in our room. The last day of our trip we noticed the car was making some awful noise. But we didn't think anything of it because it had made similar noises in the past. We were on the highway for about 30 minutes when we noticed the car was slowing down. The car completely broke down on the side of the road. We both were in panic considering this car belongs to my dad, we are exhausted and we are in ANOTHER STATE(IL)! I called 911 and they sent someone to tow the car car to a safer location or free. He was so nice he drove us two more exists down than he should have. He parked the car in a "park & ride" parking lot. My boyfriend and I proceeded to try and figure out what to do and how to get home. We noticed the comfort in across the street and we decided to spend the night there then figure things out in the morning. The young lady at the front desk was so kind to us about the situation she even gave us a discount. Walking into the room we were shocked how beautiful this room was compared to where we had stayed the previous days. The beds were big and comfortable, their was a big flat screen tv (which my boyfriend loved), the bathroom was extremely clean, the bath also had a cute little tv to watch and most importantly the price was $61. Not only that but they also have a pool inside and they offer free breakfast during the morning. The staff was great and so friendly! We both agreed that on our next trip we will be getting our room at the Comfort Inn. I recommend this hotel to anyone planning on traveling.

Room Tip: No need to look for hotels, stay at the comfort inn!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so sorry to hear about your troubles while traveling but glad that our hotel could give you comfort and rest after a long day! We look forward to having you back again soon!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel acouple of times last year and I want to say it was wonderful! They have such great friendly people working there and the hotel was very clean, I have never been to a Wisconsin hotel that has been that clean before, it was great! I would recommed this hotel to anyone that is coming to the Madison area. The hotel is only about 5 minutes away from the East Town Mall in Madison which is a big plus as I always hate being in the downtown busy/loud hotels. I really can not think of one negative thing about this hotel. Hopefully you choice this hotel as I know you won't regret it.

Room Tip: The suites are wonderful! I wouldnt defintely recommend a suite if you can get one.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review! We hope to see you again very soon!

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!