“Great Hotel - Will Stay Again!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in DeForest
Ames, Iowa
“Great Hotel - Will Stay Again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in a king room - Thursday and Friday. Check-in and out went smooth; great staff and service.
*Clean, spacious rooms - sparkling bathroom (no kidding)
*Comfortable beds
*Free internet in room
*Nice pool and hot tub
*Wonderful, fresh, clean breakfast area
*Easy to get to, safe area, nice parking

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sales5025, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind words - we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to you staying with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago,IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I don't even know where to start. Recently my boyfriend and I took a trip to the Dells.Before leaving on our trip my dad let us take his Subaru along for the trip since it had more room than either of our cars. We stayed at Mt Olympus. The room was about $75 a night with a discount. They sent us across the street to some motel looking building. Although the outside didn't look too great we were somewhat pleased with the room. After checking out I noticed the key wasn't working to unlock the car. Later I find out from my mom that the key they gave us only worked for to start up the car. Luckily, the gentlemen next to us was kind enough to break into the car for us. That ruined the whole day for us so we called it a night and hung out in our room. The last day of our trip we noticed the car was making some awful noise. But we didn't think anything of it because it had made similar noises in the past. We were on the highway for about 30 minutes when we noticed the car was slowing down. The car completely broke down on the side of the road. We both were in panic considering this car belongs to my dad, we are exhausted and we are in ANOTHER STATE(IL)! I called 911 and they sent someone to tow the car car to a safer location or free. He was so nice he drove us two more exists down than he should have. He parked the car in a "park & ride" parking lot. My boyfriend and I proceeded to try and figure out what to do and how to get home. We noticed the comfort in across the street and we decided to spend the night there then figure things out in the morning. The young lady at the front desk was so kind to us about the situation she even gave us a discount. Walking into the room we were shocked how beautiful this room was compared to where we had stayed the previous days. The beds were big and comfortable, their was a big flat screen tv (which my boyfriend loved), the bathroom was extremely clean, the bath also had a cute little tv to watch and most importantly the price was $61. Not only that but they also have a pool inside and they offer free breakfast during the morning. The staff was great and so friendly! We both agreed that on our next trip we will be getting our room at the Comfort Inn. I recommend this hotel to anyone planning on traveling.

Room Tip: No need to look for hotels, stay at the comfort inn!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so sorry to hear about your troubles while traveling but glad that our hotel could give you comfort and rest after a long day! We look forward to having you back again soon!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel acouple of times last year and I want to say it was wonderful! They have such great friendly people working there and the hotel was very clean, I have never been to a Wisconsin hotel that has been that clean before, it was great! I would recommed this hotel to anyone that is coming to the Madison area. The hotel is only about 5 minutes away from the East Town Mall in Madison which is a big plus as I always hate being in the downtown busy/loud hotels. I really can not think of one negative thing about this hotel. Hopefully you choice this hotel as I know you won't regret it.

Room Tip: The suites are wonderful! I wouldnt defintely recommend a suite if you can get one.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review! We hope to see you again very soon!
Fort Atkinson, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This hotel was great for our family while we were in the area for Thanksgiving. The rooms were beautiful and the kids absolutely loved the pools. Helped wear the kids out and gave mom and dad a break. I will definately be back. Staff was very friendly

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I really like this Comfort Inn. The staff is always very kind and helpful. The rooms are very nice with comfortable king beds. There is a flat pet fee of $20 for our two pets, which is an important consideration for us, and there is a lot of space in back for dog walking. They also have a nice variety in the breakfast choices. If we are staying anywhere near Madison, I always try to make it this place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Elwood, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I, along with a 6 year old and an 18 month old stayed two nights at this hotel. The booking process was simple. When we arrived, we changed our room request and they did it with no problems. The whole place was very clean and smelled fresh. The beds were comfortable, the showers hot and the shower head was a massager, not one of those nasty things that seem to spit needles at you. There is even a tv in the bathroom! My 6 year old got a huge kick of that. The continental breakfast was very good. Sunday morning was waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, as well as the usual cereal and pastries, and fruit and yogert. Monday was eggs and bacon, as well as everything else. Everything was hot and fresh. The pool was a big attraction for us, and we were very impressed. It was salt water, not chlorine which was a suprise to me. They have three separate things. The first pool is 3 feet to 5 feet with two basket ball hoops and two balls in the pool. There is a zero depth pool with water spouts and a tube with holes (like the splash pads) that goes up to 10 inches for the little one. The hot tub sits about 12 people and is warm (but not too hot) with good jets. There is a shower with warm water in the pool area to rinse off with and towels are provided. There are tables and comfortable chairs on the deck for parents to sit and watch kids. I checked out the fitness center but didn't have time to use it. It had an eliptical, tread mill, and reclining stationary bike. There was a tv for entertainment while you worked out. Check out was a breeze. We booked through our Illinois Farm Bureau program and got a great deal, especiall considering the holiday weekend. There is also a safe in each room for security. All in all a 5 out of 5 for this place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Walker, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times on our trips between our home in northern Minnesota and central Illinois where we visit relatives. We like the easy access and quiet setting away from the more congested Madison area. One might want to choose Madison because of the more numerous dining choices; however, we find the nearby eathing choices here more than adequate for us. We use Culvers, but there are other chains available. Rooms are clean and the breakfast is more than adequate with service on dishes and plates rather than paper or plastic. The wireless internet was easy and fast. Nice stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeForest
Holiday Inn Express Deforest
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 6 in Portage
4.0 of 5 stars 153 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!