“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5133 South Lake Drive, Cudahy, WI 53110   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cudahy
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a relaxing evening, look no more. On a recent trip to Milwaukee we stayed at the Sheridan House. Such a lovely area right along the lakefront just south of Milwaukee. You are right across the street from a park along the lakefront and a short drive to the Art Museum. Despite the proximity to the airport we never heard any airport noise. The room was beautiful, well appointed and so comfortable. We look for to a return visit!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SheridanHouse, Public Relations Manager at Sheridan House, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the area and took advantage of our "great lake" location. Hope you visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

When scheduling a stay at the Sheridan House, be absolutely sure your plans are written in stone. I had scheduled a Saturday and Sunday night stay at the Sheridan after staying with my grandchildren while Mommy and Daddy were at the hospital having our third grandchild. Mommy was scheduled to come home on Saturday; therefore, I had made plans to stay at the Sheridan the Saturday and Sunday evening after she came home. That way, I could be available to help in the day time with the children. However, there was a medical emergency on Saturday that required Mommy to stay in the hospital possibly an extra two days. I called the Sheridan to cancel my reservations because of the family emergency; but the management would not let me cancel the reservation nor would they return the money I had paid them ($299.00) for two nights. Mommy was able to come home late Sunday afternoon and I decided that since I had already paid for Sunday evening at the Sheridan, because they would not allow me to cancel, I would go on down to the Sheridan and stay that evening. However, when I arrived at the room that they had assigned me, the key would not work to the room. I went to the office and asked them why the key did not work and they told me THAT THEY HAD RENTED OUT THAT ROOM, even though I had paid for it. Therefore, they were making double on that room. They then scrambled around and found a room for me to spend the evening. Not the nicest room I had ever stayed in, but I was tired, therefore stayed the evening. I will never stay at this hotel again since they apparently do not care or make exceptions for family emergencies and even take advantage by letting a room that was paid for by someone else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We assure you that we have much empathy for our guests and any situation that may arise while staying with us, our apologies if you feel we did not empathize. Please understand, it is rather unusual for a guest to call and cancel their room after they've already checked-in and received their key card. We cancelled as you requested and when you returned the next evening, we did our best to accommodate you. We work very hard to ensure our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay. We hope you visit us again in the future to experience all Sheridan House has to offer.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at Sheridan House again in Feb and loved it as much as our first stay in November. When booking our room this time for our stay at the end of August, I requested a particular room we had not stayed in before, and within ten minutes of my email request I received a friendly reply and was switched to the room of my choice. This great service and the beauty of the rooms and convenient location makes this a getaway we go back to over and over again. The rooms themselves are wonderfully decorated, CLEAN and quiet with very comfortable beds, the Jacuzzi in the rooms is large, comfortable and easy to use. The bathroom and showers are luxurious and beautifully appointed. Wifi in each room is always easy to use and I never had an issue with speed. Highly recommend Sheridan's restaurant for a romantic dinner and drinks. Food is delicious and reasonably priced and the drinks are unique and tasty. The management also does a great job of creating packages and online specials for the hotel and restaurant so you can plan a fun getaway without spending a huge amount of money. As a couple with a finite amount of time off and a busy, hectic schedule, Sheridan's provides a wonderful, convenient weekend getaway full of relaxation and laughter.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms in the main building are beautiful and the Jacuzzis are large and work wonderfully, We...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SheridanHouse, Public Relations Manager at Sheridan House, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We're happy to hear you took advantage of our Guestroom Packages, we always try to offer an affordable yet luxurious getaway to our guests. So glad you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities Sheridan House offers. Hope you visit us again soon, cheers!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Sheridan is my new favorite stop in the World, the accommodations where fit for a King...& Queen, decor beautiful , the bed was over the top comfortable, the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was to our liking, oh, the food, had dinner out first night and breakfast this morning, the only thing better than the food was the service. I will definitely be staying again.

Congratulations on a job well done, John

Stayed July 2014
Muskego, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Today was my first and last visit to Sheridan House. I'm even the one in the group who made the suggestion. Our waitress clearly did not want to be there. I have never had such an unfriendly waitress. Then when she was paid she thought she was getting the entire thing. I think not. I asked for change which would mean to anyone else change. She gives me a single bill back. Thankfully I could make change. She got a $6.00 dollar tip which was about $6.00 too much. The other thing is I had a berry salad. It was $12.00. You've got to be kidding. Just some lettuce, very little dressing and about 7 berries. That's a downtown price for a Cudahy salad. It was very cute inside and bathrooms were very nice and clean. Won't be going back though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Sheridan's cafe. Please know we are aware of the situation that led to your salad being beneath our high standards. We invite you to return as our guest and have a salad of your choice! We apologize for your experience, please allow us to make it up to you. Hope to see you again soon!
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Near Milwaukee's airport and Downtown, this exceptional guest house & restaurant is a jewel. On the lake, on the golf course, at the city center of the quiet neighborhood community of Cudahy, WI, this was the perfect place to get away from Milwaukee's downtown's bustle and go for a run or walk, visit with friendly locals, and get an incredibly comfortable night's rest. This is one of the best small hotel's I've ever stayed in. Great artistic touches all over this remodeled historic building. A lovely stay for Mom and daughter in town on business.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is a MUST stay for anyone looking for a quaint and romantic getaway. The rooms are gorgeous and no detail is left undone. The food and service are devine. Very easy commute to downtown Milwaukee and minutes from the airport. Great for business travelers also. It rivals the Pfister which is very hard to do.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheridan House? Share your experiences!