“Don't miss this great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Sheridan House
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5133 South Lake Drive, Cudahy, WI 53110   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cudahy
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Don't miss this great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed here a couple of times already and have had great experiences. This place is a find...the rooms are all very beautiful. I couldn't believe the size of the bathroom and the shower and tub! Awesome is the only word to use. Now the bed....if I could get one for home I would. Seldom remember a better night's sleep and I travel a lot. I even had one of those Bose alarm clocks that plays CDs. I have stayed in other parts of Milwaukee for more money and gotten far less value for my money.
The location is also great! you can walk out the door and run on the park that's on the lake. There is a golf course across the street. I golfed at another one less than a mile away and it was in another beautiful park! I think it was maybe 5 minutes to the airport and not even 15 to get to Downtown Milwaukee.
Let's talk food....I have only had breakfast there but it was delicious. They were very busy on one visit so I had to wait a bit But the coffee was so good...who cares? I'm not sure how often they were that busy but my waitress, who told me she was new, took such good care of me I was impressed. I talked to a woman sitting next to me who said the dinners were also delicious. Have to try to stay for dinner on my next visit.
If you haven't tried this place, change that and go!!

Room Tip: No elevator but there are rooms on the ground level in the beautiful patio area.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at several different places all over Wisconsin, but none seem to match what we experience at Sheridan's every time. We've stayed in many of the rooms, both in the main house and in the courtyard and have been pleased with every visit. We find our stay's to be romantic and relaxing, a beautiful place to stay without having to drive several hours away. My wife is a huge fan of the Champagne tubs and I find myself sprawling across the extremely soft sheets of the most forgiving bed every chance I get. If your looking for the perfect getaway, within a stone's throw distance of Lake Michigan's comforting shores, this a great place to check out! I wouldn't be able to say enough about the food, since we always find ourselves more than satisfied with every visit. A great value and a delicious selection of food and wine that could surprise any palate.

Room Tip: The back north side rooms of the main house overlooks the courtyard below and the rooms in front of...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I hesitated staying here because there haven't been any reviews since 2009, but I'm so glad I did! This hotel is off the beaten path, in a residential area across from the local high school, but it's only a 10 minute drive to downtown Milwaukee.

We stayed in one of the suite rooms in the main building. The bed was incredible. The bathroom fixtures and jetted tub were high quality. (The jetted tub was enormous, too.) The room was squeaky clean. There was clearly a great deal of attention paid in putting this inn together.

For the money, I'd say that a comparable room in downtown Milkwaukee could be twice as much as this room.

There is a separate building right along the outdoor seating for the restaurant. I could imagine on a nice weekend night that noise would be an issue there, as there were a lot of people at the restaurant when we checked in. In colder weather though, this obviously wouldn't be an issue.

Room Tip: May want to avoid the separate building on summer weekends. Rooms face outdoor restaurant seating. C...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

We had the Champagne Suite which was fabulous. Huge bed, double whirlpool, fireplace, wonderful comforter and towels, plasma TV, etc. The only complaint is our room faces a somewhat busy street, so there was street noise early in the evening. However, things quieted down and we just melted into the plush bedding. I would definitely stay here again.

Service in the restaurant is somewhat spotty, but overall, it was a nice experience.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Price is too high for dreary room decor reminiscent of funeral parlor of my youth, plus view of street+parking lot. More surprising is the lack of daily room cleaning! Simply tacky were the stale pastries that appeared with a.m. coffee/paper cups. Waiter "educated" me that "these pastries are supposed to be dry" and kindly offered delicious substitutes that day. Still, the same (staler) pastry appeared each day, finally with the outer, stalest ring picked off, one can only hope by human hands.
All this, and we were the only guests! "Health center" has three broken machines and one treadmill. Bed is comfortable, but so was the one at the Hampton for half the price. We had planned to stay for six nights, as newly frequent visitors to family who have moved nearby, but owner would not budge on higher weekend rate, so we opted to try this "boutique" for the slightly lower weeknight rate. We should have known when asked to initial and sign multiple disclaimers upon check-in: no early checkouts! We wanted to leave as soon as we saw the room. When we returned to our uncleaned room on our second day, we figured it would be cleaned in the afternoon, but we returned that evening to the same "experience." It was our fault that we got a parking ticket for parking along the street in front of the hotel that first evening, where we parked in a line of cars on a street without a single parking notice. There is a lack of "human" contact as the office is apart, closed door, and overworked staff either absent or busy on the phone. Departing the restaurant (where we had delicious breakfasts paid with a "gift card" that is part of the room tariff) after eating, we were accosted, "where are you going?" Um, to our room?

We always prefer very small hotels in Europe, Latin America, Africa, Eurasia and the US, but for friendliness, desire to please, comfort and quiet, plus an excellent rate, 24 hour coffee, tea and juice, and great bed, try the Hampton if in this area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Janesville WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

The room was beautifully decorated. We loved the hot tub and shower in the room. What a great value this was! We ate in the cafe for lunch---food was good even though service was a little slow.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Stayed during the winter get away and everything about the place was delightful. The attached restaurant was a bonus. Great food and service at an affordable price.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheridan House? Share your experiences!