“magical place..sd” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Enchanted Valley Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cross Plains
Enchanted Valley Bed and Breakfast
You added Enchanted Valley Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
5554 Enchanted Valley Road, Cross Plains, WI 53528   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Cross Plains B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“magical place..sd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was my fourth year at Enchanted Valley. It's a magical place! Out of the the huge picture window there's a view of woods to the left, fields and rolling hills on the right. Bird watching is awesome. Breakfasts i.e. an asparagus omelette (from their garden), french toast, sausage and fruit are excellent. The hosts, (now Marci alone) were helpful, hospitable, and knowledgeable about the area. I've stayed in both bedrooms and found comfortable beds and lovely bathrooms with an invigorating shower/jacuzzi. I fell asleep to the night noise of insects and awoke to birds in the morning. I got to know Ken and Marci and liked visiting them each year. Marci, without Ken is as nice as ever... I look forward to returning again. A good place to relax and enjoy the country.

Room Tip: the north room has a woodsy view and the south an open fields view, both pleasant.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I've stayed at enough B&Bs now to know what a good one is and isn't. I'd consider this one more along the lines of a room for rent rather then an actually B&B. Very nice people and you do get breakfast, however if you're looking for a romantic weekend getaway I'd look elsewhere unless you're on a budget and/or don't want to stay in a hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
marciahelgerson, Owner at Enchanted Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
I'm so sorry you were disappointed in your experience at our B&B and to be honest, I am disappointed too that we didn't provide our usual hospitality. Here's why: My husband Ken, I know now, was losing his fight with cancer. We closed the B&B shortly thereafter and, as I look back I realize we should have closed sooner. I miss our b&B guests very much so Enchanted Valley is now again open.
Steger
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

We were really looking forward to spending our honeymoon at Enchanted Valley, especially after all the great reviews here. However, our experience did not measure up to our expectations. To begin with, when we arrived, the hosts were surprised to see us - they hadn't checked the calendar. We waited while the room wa made up. There were didrty dishes around (including on the couch where we waited); it was clear we were not expected, despite having made reservations. The room, when we finally got in, was lovely but not entirely clean. Clearly hadn't been dusted for a while. There were some spiderwebs (and spiders) in the shower. When we walked aorund outside and checked out the sauna, we found that it was overrun with spiderwebs and obviously could not be used. The bed provided no supposrt at all - very soft - which meant little sleep and left us in pain the following day. Breakfast was delicious but very portioned (a plate of 4 slices of French toast was set out for 4 of us - my sweetheart and myself as well as K & M). We actaully went out to breakfast after leaving there.

Their website states that a tv and vcr is available in each room - not true. In fact, most of the amenities mentioned on their website were not in evidence. The website says they accept credit card and checks, also not true. It was much less like staying at a lovely bed and breakfast than staying in the basement of an older aunt and uncle. Ken and Marcie are actually very sweet people. They were interesting and clearly loving people. However... they were a little too overbearing. I understand that part of the b&b experience is talking to the hosts, but I am also used to having a tiny bit of privacy, too. I wouldn't say no one should ever stay there, but be very aware what kind of place it is. Not good for a romantic getaway, but maybe fine if you are looking for company and a very casual atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry you were disappointed in your experience at our Enchanted Valley B&B and I am disappointed that we didn't provide our usual hospitality. Here's why: My husband Ken, as I know now, was losing his fight with cancer. We closed the B&B shortly thereafter and as I look back I realize we should have closed sooner. I miss our B&B guests very much so Enchanted Valley is now again open.
west bend, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We just stayed one night a this B&B but I must say we really enjoyed the hosts and the place.
After a day at the Madison farmers market and Wollersheim Winery we were ready for a laid back time at our B&B. That is just what we got. Ken and Marice were a joy to talk to as we shared the wine from the winery and the gourmet cheese from the farmers market. We had such a nice talk I hated to retire. The breakfast the next morning was great and not overdone. I would recommend staying there if you are looking for a basic, laid back experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Macon, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

We stayed one night to be close to Frank LLoyd Wright's Taliesen (highly recommended). The price was right, the location close. We stayed in the smallest of two bedrooms The bed had a down comforter and was very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and the gardens peaceful. The room has a sliding door that opens directly to a large terrace. Ken and Marcie were eager to talk with us and taught us to say "you betcha" (I'm not sure if we said "ya'll" to teach them some Georgia jargon). We were served a hot breakfast with French toast, bacon, a fruit cup, orange juice and coffee at the time we specified. It was definately an experience we won't forget.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
South Central Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

This is a perfect B and B, set on 5 acres which includes woods, flower gardens and scenic views. The rooms are comfortable, but not overdone. There are only two rooms (each with its own bath and seperated by the TV room), so the environment is peaceful. Both rooms have patios and guest are welcome to wander around the property. Breakfast is served on an upper balcony in nice weather. Be sure to save some time to use the sauna, located right off the patio. Ken and Marcia are a very nice couple who obviously enjoy their guests. We had tickets to a Madison venue one night and tickets to APT the next and found this to be a perfect location for our visit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

My wife and I chose The Enchanted Valley B & B to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we were blown away by the setting and the hospitality of our hosts, Ken and Marci. The host's residence is upstairs while the guest rooms are downstairs. The two guest rooms are divided by a great room with satellite TV a woodstove for winter warmth and windows that look out on the back deck.
The guest room that we had provided a soft Queen sized bed that was very comfortable. The bathroom was huge with a jacuzzi tub and seprate shower. The room had a sliding glass door to allow access to the deck.
The hosts asked when we would like our breakfast and were very thoughtful to ask of preferences, or foods we didn't care for. The first mornig we had French Toast, bacon, friut salad, fresh squeezed OJ (Yes! Fresh Squeezed!), coffee, and tea. The next day we had waffles with fresh strawberry topping, bacon, fresh cut fruit (watermelon), and fresh squeezed OJ, coffee, and tea. No eggs, but I am sure if you asked they would provide them without hesitation!
Reki massage is offered at a resonable rate.
The location is PRIMO! 20 min. to Madison (Downtown). 30 min to the Frank Lloyd Wright Visitors Center in Spring Green, and 20 min. from Wollershiem Winery in Prairie Du Sac.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Enchanted Valley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!