“Over Priced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Crandon
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Over Priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I will say that the rooms are very nice but I do have to say that the Hotel is WAY over priced for the area. I can understand during the summer months or during Hunting season but when you can only get 4 guests in your hotel on a weekday during the winter they should lower there prices to induce ppl to stay!
I have stayed at the Mole Lake Casino Hotel where rooms are also nice and pay $49.00 vs $99.00-108.00. In addition after a very long day and a very long drive I was looking so forward to the hot tub and they didnt even tell me that it was broke. I would have stayed in Mole Lake, for less money and better ammenities. I have stayed here many times but I think this was my LAST stay at this property.

Room Tip: I will say that the rooms are nice!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Crystal G, Manager at BEST WESTERN Crandon Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We here at Crandon Inn & Suites are very sorry to hear that your experience with us was less then satisfactory. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests requests or expectations. It seems in this case we have fallen short of that goal and I do apologize for the inconvenience of the hot tub not working properly. We have since had it serviced and is in working order. I invite you to return to our property for a second chance to make things right, as customer service is important to us. "Stay with people who care" is not just a slogan for us at Crandon Inn & Suites, but rather a motto we work very hard to uphold. Thank you for your feedback. It has given me insight into the guests point of view and has given me a new goal to work towards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We enjoy going to the Best Western in Crandon, wi, because of its cleanliness. The breakfast is also very nice and convenient. We love
E the comfortable beds, it is like sleeping on a cloud. We always try to find a Best Western when traveling.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at our property. We strive to be sure each room has superior cleanliness and each guest has a unique and relaxing stay. We thrive on the thoughts and opinions of our guests, by reading your reveiws we are able to make any changes needed or in this case continue on with our personalized customer service and surpassing your hotel expectations.
Round Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights in November and for us was a great pleasure. Best Western Crandon is a very nice and silent hotel located just half of a mile from downtown, next to highway 8 and to some stores. The suite was spacious and very clean, the breakfast was very good with everything for the morning and in the room we had coffee maker (with good coffee), fridge, microwave etc. Our grandson enjoyed the pool. A special thank you for miss Kalata, general manager, who did the best to offer us a great suite.
I would recommend this hotel for everybody in every season.
Vasile S.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Michael, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was our first stop on a 4700 mile motorcycle trip. A great hotel to stay at, in a beautiful area of northern Wisconsin. The rooms were very nicely appointed, the breakfast was great, and the hotel rooms had everything you need for a comfortable stay, ie., microwave, fridge, TV, shower, tub, couch, et. al. Very comfortable, and at a reasonable price. Great staff. Very nice!

Room Tip: HOG, AAA, AARP discounts! Suites are very nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
UP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is new to the area and is a great place to stay. The staff is friendly and willing to help you decide what to do for the day. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We enjoyed our spacious room. Very clean and comfortable. Desk staff were pcourteous and helpful. Our only disappointment was with the included continental breakfast. No fresh fruit, very limited choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just because the Crandon Best Western is the best game in town (for miles), doesn't mean that they shouldn't try harder.

Front desk personnel doesn't make an awful experience, but when I arrived, the front desk attendance was in a tank top. The second attendent was in shorts, flip flops and a sports T-shirt. Both polite, but unprofessional in appearance.

Here is the short list of things that I was displeased with: The bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned since the last guest (the drip spots on the floor near the toilet clued me in... gag...) and there were dust bunnies swirling the bathroom floor as well. There were hairs in the bathroom sink and the tub drained painfully slow--I had water around my ankles as I was showering. Also, while I seldom use the amnenities provided (soap, shampoo, etc), there were clearly more offered the second night which leads me to believe that it wasn't fully stocked the first night that I was there.

The walls are pretty thin; I heard the TV in the suite next to me and clearly heard footfalls both outside my door and above me.

Things that went well: the beds are clean and comfortable, there were lots of different types of pillows to choose from (firm, soft, feather, synthetic, etc). It is decorated nicely (as one would expect). The pool area looked fun (though I didn't have time to actually experience it myself) and it looked like folks were enjoying the continental breakfast (waffles, yogurt, apples, muffins).

I only rated it 2/5 because for a Best Western, they really should be on their "A" game more. I would expect some of this out of a li'l podunk roadside motel, but not from a national chain. They need to do a better job, bottom line. There's a reason I don't stay in the roadside motels.

Room Tip: They do have AARP and AAA discounts.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Crandon Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!