“Far exceeded our expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 attractions in Cornucopia
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are located on the south shore of Lake Superior in the village of Cornucopia and adjacent to the Apostle Islands National Park. During the summer we have loads of KAYAK trips & rentals, STAND UP PADDLEBOARD lessons and rentals, and during the rest of the year we have FOLK SCHOOL and OUTDOOR SKILL courses and expeditions.Get outta town and visit us this year!
Champlin, Minnesota
“Far exceeded our expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

A truly memorable experience. It was the highlight of our trip to the Apostle Islands and Bayfield, WI area. Outstanding outfitter with great staff and reasonable prices. Lost Creek Adventures caters to kayakers at all skill levels. We are in our 60's and it was my husband's first time kayaking. We are definitely going back again. So if you're headed to the Bayfield area this is absolutely "a must do" activity. BTW ... Terrific photo opportunities.

Visited August 2013
Greg W, Owner at Lost Creek Adventures, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Hi Maxine,
Thank you so much. I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip. We look forward to seeing you again!

New Franken, Wisconsin
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We enjoyed our trip immensly!!! Kia was a very enjoyable guide and described so many points!
We took the Roman Point tour since we have a 4 yr old with us. Unbeliveable views of the sea caves!!!!

Visited August 2013
Greg W, Owner at Lost Creek Adventures, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you I'm glad that your trip went well. I really love the Romans Point Caves myself. It's more protected from wind and weather, but feels more remote in some ways than any of the other caves.

Take care,

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Pleasant tour of sea caves on Superior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were thrilled to find this small outfitter who made our tour of the sea caves on the Superior mainland very pleasant and memorable. Our guides were gracious and accommodating, making all of us feel at ease, no matter what our level of kayak experience. We all took our time and the guides set such a welcoming atmosphere. Well worth the short trip to Cornucopia.

Visited July 2013
Greg W, Owner at Lost Creek Adventures, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thanks so much. I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip. I'm very proud of my staff and happy that I get to work with these good folks, who also paddle.

Richland Center, Wisconsin
“Kayaking on Lake Superior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We highly recommend Lost Creek Adventures in Cornucopia, WI. If you want an outstanding Lake Superior adventure, this is the place to come. We are total novices in the world of kayaking, yet our tour guide Molly made us feel like we knew what we were doing. (: She was a stellar teacher and guide--very personable, knowledgeable, and excited about her work. The staff we dealt with at Lost Creek was equally professional and helpful. Navigating a kayak on a large lake like this might be intimidating, yet Lost Creek made it not so daunting. The sea caves we experienced were fantastic--and we have great memories (and some photographs) to remind us of this exceptional outing. We had explored other kayaking options, but determined Lost Creek to be #1 ... and they did not disappoint.

Greg W, Owner at Lost Creek Adventures, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
I feel very thankful for the great responses we have had for our programs and staff, and equally as thankful for our great participants, as you are the reason we are here and continue to be a successful business in this tiny village of ours.

Of course the real reason you came is to experience a part of this greatest of Great Lakes! I'm glad we could assist.

4 attraction reviews
“Great trip! Wonderful guides.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After a bad experience last year with another outfitter (see my other posts)we did a lot of research this year, before heading out. Lost creek adventures is in Cornucopia, a very small town that we loved! If you're looking to getaway from the hubbub of Bayfield this could be the place for you. The young men who were our guides were very friendly & knowledgable. They obviously kayak frequently and know the territory well. My husband & I really wanted to see the sea caves, but with H2O temps in only the high 50's in July, there is no room for error. The guides went over a lot of things that made a novice "sea" kayaker feel comfortable. We had only done rivers & in land lakes...Lake Superior is nothing to mess with. I highly recommend Lost creek adventures.

Greg W, Owner at Lost Creek Adventures, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thanks so much. I'll pass your words along to our staff. -Greg