“First timer is hooked!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 4 Attractions in Cornucopia
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located on the south shore of Lake Superior in the village of Cornucopia and adjacent to the Apostle Islands National Park. During the summer we have loads of KAYAK trips & rentals, STAND UP PADDLEBOARD lessons and rentals, and during the rest of the year we have FOLK SCHOOL and OUTDOOR SKILL courses and expeditions.Get outta town and visit us this year!
LaSalle, IL
“First timer is hooked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Impressive staff and guides. Patient with us as this was our first time in sea kayaks. The caves blew me away. I knew nothing about this before we went to Bayfield and now we are trying desperately to get back there this year. We are hooked! Thanks to Greg, Grace and Nic.

Visited July 2012
abodude, Owner at Lost Creek Adventures, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
You're welcome and I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
“Would never kayak or SUP anywhere else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

A friend and I took 2 different tours with Lost Creek Adventures and cannot recommend them highly enough. The tours were professional, directions were simple and easy to follow and the sights were absolutely incredible. We took a sunset kayak tour to the Meyers Beach caves and I don't know if it was the lighting, the ability to go into and through several different sea caves along the tour or the beauty of seeing the rocks and hearing the waves but it was mesmerizing. We also saw a bald eagle fly overhead and could see its nest from a distance as well. There were 12 people in our group but it felt smaller and more personal than that. Our guides, Greg and Rodney, were extremely knowledgeable and focused on safety. They quickly put us at ease despite the fact that we hadn't been in a kayak in 7 or 8 years. They took the time to make sure everyone in tour was able to explore each of the caves and experience the area before we headed back. Overall, our tour lasted from 4:30 - 9pm with probably close to 4 hours on the water.

The next morning (Friday), we were scheduled to take a Stand Up Paddleboarding tour to Roman's Point. The weather was stormy and we were unable to go which was very disappointing since that was the primary focus of our trip. We also couldn't reschedule for the next day (Sat.) since I had a wedding reception to attend in Madison (6 hours away) that afternoon and the SUP tour wasn't scheduled to start until 10am. However, Greg not only offered to reschedule our tour for Saturday morning but was willing to come in at 7:30am in order to give us enough time to take the tour and still be on the road home in time. I was absolutely in awe that a company would be so focused on their customers and meeting their needs that they would be willing to start their day over 3 hours early and make special accommodations just to meet our needs. It was overwhelming and instantly made us customers for life. We ended up having a private SUP tour to Roman's Point Saturday morning. Greg's instructions were clear and his sense of humor and conversation made the tour a lot of fun. The scenery is very different than the Meyers Beach sea caves and in some ways even more beautiful. There were only a couple of caves and arches to paddle into / through but the beauty of the cliffs and being along the shore was amazing.

I would highly recommend taking both the sea cave and SUP tours - each is so different that if you only do one of them you'll definitely be missing out on really experiencing the area. Both kayaking and SUP were great activities that I thoroughly enjoyed doing, the scenery is unforgettable and the staff made the tours easy, safe and fun. I know without a doubt that I'll be back with my family and for other girlfriend getaways for years and years to come!

Visited July 2012
Greg W, Owner at Lost Creek Adventures, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Sorry for taking so long to respond. We had a GREAT day for SUP-ing for sure. Our first summer we had no SUP tours, this year several. Thanks for being one of them and making it fun! - Greg
Warrensburg, Missouri
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Alissa, Nick, and a third guide (sorry, I forgot her name!) took a large group of 16 out on the Meyer's Beach sea caves trip. They effortlessly made it seem like a tour of 4 or 5 kayakers and explained the various formations, sights, etc. extremely well. I was VERY impressed and will definitely use this outfit again. Of note, its location in Cornucopia makes the caves very close, so more time can be spent exploring the shore and appreciating the formations up close. GREAT JOB, GUYS! Reasonably priced, provided three of my boys (but not the youngest at age 10, age limit for this trip was 12 and/or 100 pounds weight- which was appropriate) a memory they won't forget. Very highly recommended.

Visited July 2012
That WAS a large group. We've since decided to stick to 12 people maximum for that trip but I'm glad it went well. Sometimes it's fun being on the water with an armada...but we try to keep it small. Thanks for joining us! Greg
Columbus, Ohio
“Sunday Afternoon Sea Cave Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hello Greg,

Patty and I wanted to thank you for the enjoyable day on the water on Sunday afternoon. You did a great job balancing the various skill levels so we could all enjoy exploring some of the caves. I will recommend Lost Creek adventures for everyone that is planning to be in the Apostle Island area.

Jim J. from Columbus, Ohio

Thanks Jim - Greg
Ashland, Wisconsin
“a fun and safe trip for kids of all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Due to weather, our Saturday cave trip was rescheduled to a Sunday morning paddle through the Bark Bay fresh water estuary and out to the big rocks and caves towards Roman Point. Our guides ,Clara and Nick, made the right call on the weather both Sat. and Sun. They put safety first, gave good dry land explanations, shared info on the biology of the area, and made safety a priority in the water. They called us all by name and were attentive, but not condescending to our 8 year old.

The trip was a wedding present for our friends and more memorable than the gift of a fondue pot!

Visited June 2012
, Owner at Lost Creek Adventures, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thanks Linda. I'm glad that you enjoyed the trip. There are some hidden gems here in Cornucopia just outside the National Park. I'll forward your feedback to your guides!