“Food is good.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Food is good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Food is good, good menu, they have some special burgers. Friendly service. Not too busy anytime of day.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“What a nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on my way from Milwaukee to Minnesota with my wife and two kids. I saw the cook in back looked like he was bagging cheese curds so I ordered the deep fried version. Oh my god the breading was light and flaky and the cheese was so gooey they were to die for. Seriously I never eat deep fries curds except at the state fairs. We actually reordered a second order since we were all fighting for the first batch. Pizza was real good and service was exceptional. I want to drive back to MN as soon as possible just to visit the View again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“Great Pizza and Curds are the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Great place for pizza and a drink. Awesome views of the lake! We stop ever time we drive through the area.

Visited December 2013
Minnesota
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We decided to give The View a try after a not so good experience at The Edge. At first we were skeptical, as it appeared to look just like The Edge (bar and grill on the lake)... We were pleasantly surprised. We sat at the bar, had great service, and above-par bar food. Their homemade chips were great, and their beef comes from the local meat market. I would suggest this place over The Edge, just my opinion.

Visited July 2013
McHenry, IL
“Disappointing after tour at Leinie Lodge”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

After receiving a brochure for a discount to this restaurant at the Leinie's brewery, my husband and I decided to make the drive to the View for dinner.
Service was terrible. Bartenders (also the waitresses) were wrapped up in the bar patrons, and rarely made their way out from behind it. We sat ourselves and after 10 minutes, I had to go to the bar to get water and menus. I asked if someone would be coming to our table or if we place the order at the bar. The response was "well, I could come out to your table..." We bought a few beers (one free per person with purchase of dinner from coupon at Brewery), which we had to go to the bar to get refills for ourselves. When the check came, it was incorrect, then only one employee knew how to fix it and run a credit card. The only reason for the "poor" ranking instead of "terrible" is because the food was OK.

We ordered a pizza, which turned out to be fairly tastey, but the service left a bad taste in our mouths.

If you end the tour at the brewery, I would advise trying out one of the other restaurants on the brochure. This place wasn't worth the free beer per person.

• Visited July 2013