“Family Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Family Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great place to stay at and relax. Clean and the staff was very friendly. Would recommend and will plan a stay there again. The pools were warm and towels available at all times. The kids loved it. Very relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property.

We are happy that your stay was so relaxing and enjoyable for you and your family. Hopefully we can meet your lodging needs the next time your in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pewaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This motel is always sparkling clean, the staff is friendly, helpful, and courteous. This trip was excellent in all those categories. Great bargain, too.
The front desk clerk was extra-helpful, and check in and check out were smooth and swift.
We did not use the pool on this visit, but in the past have had excellent experiences there, as well. The breakfast is fresh and hot and the variety is always good. Great coffee, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We are very happy that you had an enjoyable stay, hopefully during your next stay you will be able to take advantage of our pool area :-)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews before staying here and was shocked to read about such rude staff! I work with some of the staff for my job in town and overall have never had a bad thing to say so I choose to ignore the reviews and stay with my kids anyway. We came in on a Saturday and we welcomed with VERY friendly staff all around. The pool was full with kids having fun and the lifeguard handled it all with class and a smile in her face. My kids and I had a blast! However, the next morning I was woken up early by housekeeping even with a 'Do Not Disturb' sign, we all went down for breakfast and they were out of things like butter and syrup. Which wasn't a problem I understand they were busy, but when we asked if we could get some the lady running the breakfast area said, 'no we are closing in 45 mins'!!! Yes, breakfast closes in 45 MINS, things like butter and syrup shouldn't be a problem! Next the kids went in the pool to play and the lifeguard on this time was a COMPLETE opposite from the night before!! She shut the slide down after 'one warning' then hung out at the front desk chatting away for over an hour with the front desk staff who was also extremely rude to my children with me sitting right there. If she wanted a break then just say that don't yell at my children for doing the exact same things they did the night before with no problems. There are no signs posted stating my 5 year old who can't swim well and wanted to go down a few times with her 14 year old cousin (which was perfectly acceptable the for the 2 hrs prior to her wanting to not do her job. Another child came in and she immediately was all smiles and the slide was back on. However she continued to leave the pool area leaving the other child unattended!! So what went from an amazing little vacation turned into 2 of my kids in tears, and a very upset mom! I want to point out that I do think this is a great hotel and overall my kids had a blast, but there are a few staff that should not be working in guest services if they cannot keep their attitude in check and continue to keep guests happy!!

• Stayed April 2013
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I am truly sorry that the second day of your stay was not as enjoyable as your first evening of your stay.

If you could please contact me directly at chippewafalls.wi@americinn.com with your dates of stay, so I can make sure that I address these issues with the proper staff members.

Again I am sorry that you had to experience this inconvenience during your stay, and I will await your contact, so I can address your concerns with the correct employees.
Glenwood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Over the years we've stayed in every one of the "chain' motels in Chippewa Falls and Eau Claire, and feel we really missed the boat by staying at all the others. We were in CF because of the illness and death of my mother, and stayed almost 2 weeks. The staff, the facility, and pool were all excellent. Not new, but standard rooms have more space than the other motels, each room had a microwave, fridge, desk with chair and comfortable chair for reading, etc.. We needed so many things to get through this experience, and no matter what we asked for or needed help with, someone stepped right up and helped. Our extended family, including grandchildren, also stayed some of the time we were there, and they too had no complaints. The mini water park was a big surprise. This is not a Hilton; but it is very clean, rooms are spacious, staff is attentive and capable, and a bargain. AND the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs to avoid the noise of late arrivals and early departing guests.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your response.

I am glad that we were able to help you and your family through a rough time.

We look forward to seeing you again under better circumstances.
Lake Wissota, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have both stayed at the AmericInn and visited for their public swimming and have always had a great experience. This last time they got us in early due to an issue with our house and took very good care of us...and for a small fee of $10 our dog got to spend the night too!! The continental breakfast is wide spread with warm and cold foods and there's many drinks to choose from. I definitely recommend this place!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am glad that you and your dog had a good stay with us!!!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Paid to use the pool & hot tub as did six others. No problem taking our money. The pool was cold & the hot tub not working and no one said a word at the desk! Why do you think we came for a few hours? Staff lied and said it just broke and wouldn't give any refunds! Use to love this place! Never again! Horrible manager!

• Stayed December 2012
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I'm sorry that your experience in our pool area was less than enjoyable for you, but I am confused by some of your comments.

The temperature of our pool is always set at 82 F, and is widely considered to be the warmest pool in the county. I am unsure of why it would seem to be cold to you.

We strive to keep all of our bodies of water in opperation; however, there are times when pumps break down or we do routine maintenance on our bodies of water. But, when we do have one of our four pools down we always notify the guests when they are registering to use our pools. I am unsure of why you would feel that we hid or kept that information from you. If there is an issue with our pools we issue free passes to use the facility at a future date.

Again I am sorry that your experience was anything less than enjoyable, please contact me directly at the property and I will try to make this right with you
Chippewa Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We made reservations for my daughters bday party here 2 weeks in advance. Upon arrival i was told they didnt have us down for a party, that the hot tub and slide were closed for a couple days, and that we had to pay $6 per guest (after 5 guest) for use of the pool yet both hotub and slide were closed?!?! After being upset about nobody notifying me about the slide and hottub being closed we were allowed to wave the $6 pp fee (whoopie). Then while we were in the pool, 2 grown immiture men came in to swim and put towels in and around the pool edge so they could run and jump in (annoying my daughters friends). After we went to our room i sent my daughter down for ice were she was rudely confronted by the stuck up young front desk manager telling her to pick up the towels in the pool area (which were left by the men but my daughters friends were accused of doing!!!). I went down and told the girl at the desk if she has something to say to my daughter she can say it to me. She threatened to kick us out and called me and my daughter liers about the towlels!! We had stayed there for a month before over the summer and had a mostly pleasent experience but after this one i am outraged!! We cancelled our family xmas party and nephews bday party there because of this experience!! Rude rude rude!!! Nothing was done or any appologize made afterwards!( On a seperate note, housekeepers are very friendly).

• Stayed November 2012
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I am truly sorry that you felt as though your Daughter's Birthday was ruined.

However, like I stated when you checked in to your room, we had scheduled the maintenance to our pool are over two months prior to your arrival. In addition, we did have our Birthday Party Packages closed for the Monday-Wednesday of Thanksgiving week to avoid complications like this. If you would have stated that your room reservation was to be for a pool/birthday party, we would have informed you that the hot tub and waterslide would not be in opperation.

Again, I am sorry that you felt your Daughter's Birthday Party was ruined. Our renovation in our pool area is nearing completion, maybe you and your family can be our guests again and experience the new and improved pool area.

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls? Share your experiences!