“Best place around!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
Lake Wissota, Wisconsin, United States
“Best place around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have both stayed at the AmericInn and visited for their public swimming and have always had a great experience. This last time they got us in early due to an issue with our house and took very good care of us...and for a small fee of $10 our dog got to spend the night too!! The continental breakfast is wide spread with warm and cold foods and there's many drinks to choose from. I definitely recommend this place!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am glad that you and your dog had a good stay with us!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Paid to use the pool & hot tub as did six others. No problem taking our money. The pool was cold & the hot tub not working and no one said a word at the desk! Why do you think we came for a few hours? Staff lied and said it just broke and wouldn't give any refunds! Use to love this place! Never again! Horrible manager!

• Stayed December 2012
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I'm sorry that your experience in our pool area was less than enjoyable for you, but I am confused by some of your comments.

The temperature of our pool is always set at 82 F, and is widely considered to be the warmest pool in the county. I am unsure of why it would seem to be cold to you.

We strive to keep all of our bodies of water in opperation; however, there are times when pumps break down or we do routine maintenance on our bodies of water. But, when we do have one of our four pools down we always notify the guests when they are registering to use our pools. I am unsure of why you would feel that we hid or kept that information from you. If there is an issue with our pools we issue free passes to use the facility at a future date.

Again I am sorry that your experience was anything less than enjoyable, please contact me directly at the property and I will try to make this right with you
Chippewa Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We made reservations for my daughters bday party here 2 weeks in advance. Upon arrival i was told they didnt have us down for a party, that the hot tub and slide were closed for a couple days, and that we had to pay $6 per guest (after 5 guest) for use of the pool yet both hotub and slide were closed?!?! After being upset about nobody notifying me about the slide and hottub being closed we were allowed to wave the $6 pp fee (whoopie). Then while we were in the pool, 2 grown immiture men came in to swim and put towels in and around the pool edge so they could run and jump in (annoying my daughters friends). After we went to our room i sent my daughter down for ice were she was rudely confronted by the stuck up young front desk manager telling her to pick up the towels in the pool area (which were left by the men but my daughters friends were accused of doing!!!). I went down and told the girl at the desk if she has something to say to my daughter she can say it to me. She threatened to kick us out and called me and my daughter liers about the towlels!! We had stayed there for a month before over the summer and had a mostly pleasent experience but after this one i am outraged!! We cancelled our family xmas party and nephews bday party there because of this experience!! Rude rude rude!!! Nothing was done or any appologize made afterwards!( On a seperate note, housekeepers are very friendly).

• Stayed November 2012
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I am truly sorry that you felt as though your Daughter's Birthday was ruined.

However, like I stated when you checked in to your room, we had scheduled the maintenance to our pool are over two months prior to your arrival. In addition, we did have our Birthday Party Packages closed for the Monday-Wednesday of Thanksgiving week to avoid complications like this. If you would have stated that your room reservation was to be for a pool/birthday party, we would have informed you that the hot tub and waterslide would not be in opperation.

Again, I am sorry that you felt your Daughter's Birthday Party was ruined. Our renovation in our pool area is nearing completion, maybe you and your family can be our guests again and experience the new and improved pool area.
Janesville, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

To be fair, I've stayed at this motel once before, and I had a very pleasant experience. Upon my second visit, AmericInn Central Reservations messed up my reservation, the Assistant General Manager would not listen to reason while trying to resolve the issue, and I was talked down to. So, I raised my voice a little to her, and she calls the police to remove me from the lobby. Once the police arrived, they could not understand why they were called to the motel. I was in Chippewa Falls to bury a relative, and this made the day even worse for me. The whole affair was very upsetting. I've only received an apology for the incorrect reservation and not the police being called on me. It was definitely one of the strangest travel experiences I've ever had.

Room Tip: If traveling with pets, make sure they book you into the correct type of room, or later on they may...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience during your stay.

As we discussed in our earlier communication, we have specific pet friendly rooms so we can accommodate both our guests who travel with pets and our guests with severe pet allergies.

I only wish our central reservations had properly handled your request, so this situation could have been avoided. In the future, please contact us directly with your reservations and we will make sure a situation like this doesn't happen again.

Arthur, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were pleased to see a microwave in the room. Previously there had only been a refrigerator. We like to fix popcorn at night and would have to go down to the breakfast area and use the microwave there. Although, one time, the microwave there was broken and the desk clerk popped it for me back behind the office. This is the kind of service we have found at this hotel. I have read and been surprised by some reviews. Please know that, because of the pools and water slide, this is a very family-oriented place. Have booked rooms already for our stay after Christmas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy our in-room microwaves. We installed them in each of our guestrooms earlier this year, to help guests like you enyoy your stay with us even more.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff. We try our best to make sure our guests feel at home when they stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again after Christmas!!!
WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was talked down to and threatened to be kicked out becau se my child got on the slide to get his ball which was closed. Rather than coming to me she yelled at me across the pool in front of all the guests. WARNING : the slide closes at 8 not 11 like the hours state. And when I followed her out of the pool to discuss her unprofessionalism- she slammed the door in my face. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. RUDE STAFF.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
First of all, thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am sorry that you had an dissapointing stay.

As per our phone conversation on 11/26/12, eventhough there was a violation of our pool area rules, the situation, could have been handled better, I appologize for this.

Also, our waterslide was open from 4:00-8:00pm which is the normal hours of opperation for a weekday. Our entire pool area is open from 8:00am-11:00pm weekdays. By state law we have to have a certified lifeguard on duty for the waterslide to be operating. This is why the hours of operation on the waterslide and the rest of the pool area vary.

Again I am sorry that your experience was unenjoyable.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Pretty decent place to stay with a very friendly staff. Great pool area if you have kids, if you don't, not so much. Good breakfast and good price. I would stay there again. Its not quite as modern as the Country Inn, but I think it is a better value for the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for your comments about the "Value" of staying with us.

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls? Share your experiences!