“Don't bother staying here..Drive right by!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeshore Resort

Lakeshore Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chetek
Lakeshore Resort
You added Lakeshore Resort to your Saves list
1017 24 1/2 - 25 Street (County Road), Pokegama Lake, Chetek, WI 54728   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Chetek
Mn
“Don't bother staying here..Drive right by!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

Last Visit:July 2006

First of all, they claim to be a family friendly place - NOT!! The only "Kid friendly" amenity was the play structure and we have a nicer one in our own backyard.

Lynda (co-owner) was nice, Gary (Lynda’s other half) was NOT.

Unfortunately - anytime you may need help... with you end up dealing with him and he never misses a chance to roll his eyes and make it seem like you just asked to borrow a million bucks. We are self - sufficient people and really didn't ask for much, but dreaded even asking him anything, (even for directions!!)Knowing he would act all put out. Terrible customer care!

They advertise a fishing boat included with your cabin rental - HOWEVER - again you must ask GARY, only to find out that the boats are NOT kept in the water like everywhere else, but stacked up against the boathouse, no motor in sight and again putting him out by getting him to do the most simple thing. Who ever thought a family staying at a resort named LAKESHORE might want to use a boat????Unbelieveable...

If you do rent anything from him, be very careful. Most of his equipment is in disrepair and he will try to say you broke things that were already broken - just to keep your damage deposit. Really impressive!!!!

The boat we rented was so dirty we had to spend over an hour cleaning just to feel comfortable sitting in it. Very Gross. To top it off, the (relatively) cleaner boat we requested-but couldn't use due to "engine problems" was the same boat Gary and some friends went boating in while we were cleaning the dirty one he gave us to use!
As a guest you really have to love being lied too!

IF you’re looking for a nice, clean place to stay, where they are honest and care about you and treat you like a guest...then drive right by this place. I wouldn’t send my enemies to stay there!

I have stayed at Chetek resorts before and believe me there are better ones out there - Much better!!!

lalasChetek, owner at Lakeshore Resort, responded to this review, April 28, 2009
Hi to everyone that is checking out LAKESHORE RESORT. My name is Lynda Root and I am the owner of Lakeshore. Please check out my website and you will see that Gary is no longer part of Lakeshore. I have taken over the business and am looking forward to showing you how much fun you can have here.
I am sooooo sorry on any problems or concerns in the past with what may have happened with Gary around here. I was on the property but worked away from the business so 'yes' he was suppose to take care of the place. If you did not get to meet me, I am a people person and YOU come first. I will do what I can to make sure that you are happy, to enjoy your stay here and hopefully return. I have made some changes and plan on more in the future.
Please contact me or one of my staff to join us here. I will make sure your stay with me is a good experience.
Lynda Root
LAKESHORE RESORT
715-859-2916 (business)
715-764-2361 (cell)

Solo
Business

Been to Lakeshore Resort? Share your experiences!