“Loved every minute of our stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #1 of 2 Cedarburg B&B and Inns
West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Loved every minute of our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at the Washington House Inn last weekend, and were wowed by the experience. I had booked a smaller room with a queen-sized bed (we got the John Weber room). It was on the second floor overlooking Main Street, and as an added bonus, we got to watch the Memorial Day parade from our room, gazing out over the cold, shivering parade-goers who were braving the rain. What a grand bit of Americana!

The wine and cheese reception was so much fun. We shared a table with another couple because all of the other tables were taken, and we soon became great friends (funny how wine works that way). The morning breakfast was also wonderful -- only in Wisconsin does Polish sausage seem like a logical addition to the morning meal!

My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. The inn-keepers, and everyone we met were so nice. It was majical. We certainly will be back!

Room Tip: I loved the John Weber room simply for the fact that it looked out over Main Street. If you love bei...

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Purchased a Living Social and so glad I did. Stayed in Room 102 on May 28.....queen bed....cozy...street level but quiet and clean, clean. Loved the card on the bed with my name on it welcoming me for the night. Wine and cheese social was a good time. Enjoyed tasting the local wines and cheeses. Breakfast was better than expected. Scones were a favorite. Staff was helpful and friendly.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very comfortable and luxurious bed! Jacuzzi tub was a nice surprise. Social hour had great wine and snacks. Breakfast selection and food was very tasty! Very near ( walking distance) great shopping, winery and array of restaurants. Will stay again. Staff very friendly!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just got back from a nice stay in Cedarburg over the weekend. This is the first B&B I've ever stayed in and it was very nice. I love how they meld the old with the new to give you a unique by gone era experience with modern amenities (wifi, Jacuzzi, etc). A Living Social brought us here and the wife and I love visiting Milwaukee since it's so close to where we live in Chicago. Cedarburg is only 20 minutes away so what the hell. When I called to make the reservation most of the days were taken and Saturdays were completely booked. I got lucky and saw memorial day weekend and booked it for that Sunday. I thought I had an absolute steal but little did I know that everything is closed on Sundays in Cedarburg. Fail. So, traveler tip: don't go on Sundays. But the Inn was nice as well as the staff. We arrived just as the evening wine and cheese social hour was going on but the missus and I wanted to test the bed instead..;) Which was sturdy. Our room was quaint with high ceilings and old wooden joists running the length of it. The windows were up near the ceiling and let in a fair amount of light. We were on the second floor on the newer side of the building. I'm learning that Living Social hotel deals rarely give you the pick of the litter when it comes to room availability. But it was fine. The bed was soft and the sheets were quality. The highlight was the continental breakfast. Everything was made from scratch and it was outrageously good minus my severely overcooked hard boiled egg. Lemon poppy seed pound cake, blueberry tart, pecan/walnut coffee cake, blueberry bagel all to die for. Freshly squeezed orange juice to top it off. I ordered tea as well but did not drink it. I would go back just for that breakfast (on a Saturday!). Best I've ever had at a hotel/inn.

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friends had raved about Washington House Inn and when a Living Social deal appeared, we made our reservation. We stayed at the Schroeder House which is a few steps away from the actual Inn. Our room was tastefully appointed, the bed incredibly comfortable, and the whirlpool bathtub a delightful surprise. There is a porch and large charming outdoor patio which would be relaxing in warm weather (we stayed during a cool Memorial Day weekend).

Each night from 5:00-6:00 the Inn hosts a wine and cheese social. The wines are from the local winery. Breakfast is delicious with various pastries, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, juices and coffee. All is included in the cost of the room.

Since the Inn is on the main street, we were able to walk to shops and restaurants. Shop keepers and servers were friendly.

I have to be honest and say without the Living Social coupon I doubt we could have afforded to stay here. However, if the opportunity occurs where we can again stay at the Inn, we will!

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Earlier this month, I returned to the Washington House Inn in Cedarburg WI for a 3-night stay. I fell in love the inn when I stayed many weeks last autumn, but my experience on returning was better than I could have ever expected! Not only are the rooms still beautiful, the beds extremely comfortable and luxurious, and the breakfasts amazing, but the staff is so friendly and welcoming that I felt like I was going back to my 'other' home in the WI contryside. What more can one ask for? Add to that the wonderful Rivoli Movie Theater next door with a $3.50 ticket and wonderful popcorn and you have a piece of heaven on earth! Plus the Cedarburg Roastery for fabulous coffee and gelato, and the authentic French Bakery, and, and and... Bottom line, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Uniondale, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our first trip to Cedarburg. Washington House Inn has a wonderful central location with easy access parking in the rear. Staff very friendly and accommodating. There is an elevator to upper levels. Enjoyed the afternoon social hour with a good selection of local wines and treats. Breakfast was served buffet style in the main dining room with a wide variety of items to choose from. Trays to the rooms were available. Amenities in the room were upscale, very nice linens available to purchase!
It would be nice if there were outside seating on Washington Street.

Room Tip: Room 208 faces Washington Street. It was not noisy later in the evening. The street lights can be bl...

Been to Washington House Inn? Share your experiences!