“An Old Favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“An Old Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant is in the tiny village of Butler, Wisconsin, where I lived for about 10 years (a few minutes North of the Zoo). Over the years, I've taken just about every family member and most of our friends at one time or another. I even ate lunch there with my groomsmen an hour before my wedding!

It's a local pub, and as such you expect pub-type food. You get that there, and then some. It's got an excellent Friday fish fry (a Wisconsin staple all year 'round), as well as many different sandwiches and entrees. Pizza is very good as well. Portions have always been generous, and the atmosphere is very comfortable, if somewhat plain. It's the kind of place you could go every weekend, if you wanted and enjoy something different each time. You'd rarely be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“wonderful walleye”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were there Friday for a fish fry and i have to tell you the parmesan crusted walleye was wonderful, the potato pancake were so, so but we will be back for the walleye. My friend who doesn't like a lot of breading on her fish tried this and she said it was the best fish fry she had ever had, she said she didn't even have to use the tartar sauce it was just very good a lone, thank you to the journal for giving them a good review, that's why we went there.
649mary35

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richfield, WI
“Friendly service, great place for a birthday dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I took my girlfriend to the Butler Inn for her birthday dinner last Thursday. Since we get to pick where we want to go, she chose the Butler Inn, recommending it as a good place to eat. She was right! We were seated immediately and took a look at the many items on the menu. It was 100 degrees outside, and comfy (not uncomfortably freezing) in the dining area. We weren't too inventive in our selection because we ordered the same thing. As our server noted, that made it easy for her! The fish and chips featured a generous serving of cod, french fries, cole slaw, tartar sauce and a packet of vinegar (just like British pubs would serve!). The code was a bit dry, but the vinegar and tartar sauce made it tasty. I think it was over 20 years since I'd been to the Butler Inn. I'll be back with other friends and with my husband!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wi
“Better than Average Local Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Butler Inn is a local kind of restaurant in a more industrial area. It is close to the Hwy and worth stopping in if its' dinner time and you are looking for a better than average local place.

London, United Kingdom
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Great service, the food is awesome no matter if you go for the greek salad or steak with shrimp. They have 2 kinds of soup every day - these are amazing. Good selection of beers as well, including imported. I greatly recommend this place if you're around here for business (like myself) or just passing by. Oh, and they have a free wi-fi, too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere