“Top Notch Limited Service Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2709 South Browns Lake Drive, Burlington, WI 53105   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burlington
Northern Michigan
“Top Notch Limited Service Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I usually don't write reviews for quick stays of a day or two, but my experience with this property was so outstanding I felt I needed to share with fellow travelers (as well as give credit to the wonderful employees).

We travel to the Lake Geneva/Burlington/East Troy area usually once a summer for concerts at Alpine Valley. We usually stay at Timber Ridge in Lake Geneva but our trip just so happened to be over the week of the Fourth of July, so occupancy was high and rates even higher! The band we were coming to see has a large following, that, coupled with the high season dates meant that most hotels in the area were completely sold out. We luckily nabbed a room at the Americinn...to make a long story short, I had to call back a couple of times with changes, additions, etc. I spoke with several different people and everyone was extremely accommodating, polite and helpful.

Our stay was great (though we didn't spend much time at the property). The room was small, but clean and everything worked well. Again, the staff went out of their way to be accommodating at every turn.

Bottom line, this is where we'll stay when we're in the area from now on. It's a 10-15 minute drive to Alpine Valley and about the same to other area attractions. Is this a five star property...no, far from it, but compared to other similar hotels I've stayed in, this one is solid. It's certainly not the kind of place (or price range) where I'd complain about a musty smell in the room, or shoe scuffs on the doors and trim, or less than plush bath towels. Is the price high? Yes, perhaps, but it's completely in line with the pricing of other similar hotels in the area. What seals the deal for me is the staff...these people are doing their absolute best to make sure every guest has the absolute best stay possible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The customer service here was good and the room was clean, but this place was very overpriced. This is a $60 per night place, but their lowest weekend rate was $115. The breakfast is unhealthy - no fruit or other whole food options. The room was outdated and the bathroom was very small. There was no counter space for a toiletry bag. And the tub drained very slowly. I will not return

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Everytime I has warmly greeted and made to feel welcome. The room and bathroom were clean. The breakfast had a variety of items to choose from and the coffee was great. Over the years, any time I had a question or issue the staff addressed my concern swiftly and rectified the situation to my satisfaction.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was staying at this hotel while visiting family for a baby shower. The female desk attendant was very friendly. That was pretty much the only good thing about the hotel. The room my son, my sister, and I stayed in smelled strongly of mildew, and the door frames were rusted. The bed was like laying on a slab of concrete. The continental breakfast was average in taste at best. We had left for the day, and when we returned that night, the room had not been cleaned. While this wasn't a big deal to us, we did need towels. My sister went to the front desk, where there was a male attendant. She asked about the room, and the attendant told her that the housekeeping staff had not shown up that day. She asked if we could get a small discount because the room had not been taken care of, and was told no - too bad. We did get another set of towels. We payed $129 a night for a $59 a night room. I will never stay there again, even if I have to sleep in my car next time!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
GeneralManager531, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thank You for your reply. Your feedback helps us improve our hotel for you and our future guests. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
STURGEON BAY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

we first arrived and went to our room, to get our bathing suits on to swim..we get in the pool room and it is absolutely dirty..i was going to shower to rinse off the chlorine and in the shower drain was about a half inch thick of green slime. that you can tell noone had ever cleaned before..the water pressure was breaking up the slime into pieces in the bottom of the shower..so im like whatever im going up to the room..i get up to the room and my husband said he was in the bathroom and the toilet was leaking..so he tried to clean it up and realized as he was cleaning that there were pubic hairs all over the bathroom floor!! so gross! so i called the front desk and told the gentleman and so he says he would give us a different room, but says he will look it over first..well we get into our new room and i check the bathroom floor in there! pubic hairs all over this bathroom floor too!! the front desk clerk came and saw it, so he actually came and cleaned up the floor for us. he did give us a small discount but from $100 a night to $90 a night..pretty expensive for the crappy sleeping conditions..i have stayed at americinns many times other places..but i will never stay at the one in burlington ever again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Very clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I recently spent two days in Burlington, Wisconsin for a meeting. I stayed at the AmericInn in Burlington. The staff was exceptionally friendly. From the moment I checked in, to during my stay, the quality of the staff, their attentiveness, and attention to my needs was equal to a 5 star hotel. I know there are no 5 stars in Burlington, it was nice to be so well cared for especially during the morning or my checkout.. The continental breakfast was a nice touch, and the room was clean and spacious. I was surprised that the bathroom towels were soft and fluffy. Usually at a hotel like this, you tend to find worn linens. Not the case here, the bedding and towels were clean, white and very soft and fresh. The indoor pool was a nice touch and I noticed a lot of families were enjoying it. And they had a small business center that allowed for free printing of airline boarding passes. The available, free maps also helped me around the city.

Thanks to the AmericInn, my stay was much warmer and pleasurable than the Wisconsin winter. I will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!