“One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in...” 1 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2709 South Browns Lake Drive, Burlington, WI 53105   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burlington
Indiana
“One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was staying at this hotel while visiting family for a baby shower. The female desk attendant was very friendly. That was pretty much the only good thing about the hotel. The room my son, my sister, and I stayed in smelled strongly of mildew, and the door frames were rusted. The bed was like laying on a slab of concrete. The continental breakfast was average in taste at best. We had left for the day, and when we returned that night, the room had not been cleaned. While this wasn't a big deal to us, we did need towels. My sister went to the front desk, where there was a male attendant. She asked about the room, and the attendant told her that the housekeeping staff had not shown up that day. She asked if we could get a small discount because the room had not been taken care of, and was told no - too bad. We did get another set of towels. We payed $129 a night for a $59 a night room. I will never stay there again, even if I have to sleep in my car next time!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank aab0928
GeneralManager531, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thank You for your reply. Your feedback helps us improve our hotel for you and our future guests. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

STURGEON BAY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

we first arrived and went to our room, to get our bathing suits on to swim..we get in the pool room and it is absolutely dirty..i was going to shower to rinse off the chlorine and in the shower drain was about a half inch thick of green slime. that you can tell noone had ever cleaned before..the water pressure was breaking up the slime into pieces in the bottom of the shower..so im like whatever im going up to the room..i get up to the room and my husband said he was in the bathroom and the toilet was leaking..so he tried to clean it up and realized as he was cleaning that there were pubic hairs all over the bathroom floor!! so gross! so i called the front desk and told the gentleman and so he says he would give us a different room, but says he will look it over first..well we get into our new room and i check the bathroom floor in there! pubic hairs all over this bathroom floor too!! the front desk clerk came and saw it, so he actually came and cleaned up the floor for us. he did give us a small discount but from $100 a night to $90 a night..pretty expensive for the crappy sleeping conditions..i have stayed at americinns many times other places..but i will never stay at the one in burlington ever again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank YOMAMMASturgeonBay
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Very clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I recently spent two days in Burlington, Wisconsin for a meeting. I stayed at the AmericInn in Burlington. The staff was exceptionally friendly. From the moment I checked in, to during my stay, the quality of the staff, their attentiveness, and attention to my needs was equal to a 5 star hotel. I know there are no 5 stars in Burlington, it was nice to be so well cared for especially during the morning or my checkout.. The continental breakfast was a nice touch, and the room was clean and spacious. I was surprised that the bathroom towels were soft and fluffy. Usually at a hotel like this, you tend to find worn linens. Not the case here, the bedding and towels were clean, white and very soft and fresh. The indoor pool was a nice touch and I noticed a lot of families were enjoying it. And they had a small business center that allowed for free printing of airline boarding passes. The available, free maps also helped me around the city.

Thanks to the AmericInn, my stay was much warmer and pleasurable than the Wisconsin winter. I will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank KollegeKlubMadison
CHicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I've stayed here a number of times in the past, mostly because there were few other choices.
Worst experience: Toilet clogged. Instead of fixing the problem by having the attendent work on the toilet or by calling a plumber, they gave me a plunger and suggested that i work on it myself. When I was unable to correct the problem, they still refused to call a plumber. I asked for a room change since I was with my two young boys and NEEDED a toilet. They offered to do so but I was in a suite and they offered a regular room. They would not make an adjustment on the bill. Bad toilet. Small room. No refund. Indifferent staff. Very unsatisfied. Thank goodness they opened a nearby Baymont Inn and that's where I now happily stay when I visit the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank FrankieFile
Southwold, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

Decent sized room with fridge and microwave
nicely located close to the village of Rochester
clean and tidy except for the bathroom which had some mould
good continental breakfast
reception staff pleasnt and helpful

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — mould in bathroom
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Omaha Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2004

This is a nice clean new hotel in a small town area. It is very near Alpine Valley for concerts. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, and the continental breakfast is good. What more could you ask for?

4 Thank raska
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Kenosha
3.5 of 5 stars 99 reviews

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!