“Best burgers around!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 37 restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Description: Fred's is a diner/bar - homestyle cookin, great burgers....time to list them! ; )
Chicago, Illinois
“Best burgers around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I work at a client in Burlington, WI and the receptionist suggested I go to this place. I did and I am glad I did so!

Fred's Parkview is conveniently located on Pine St and Milwaukee corner with 2 hr street parking in the front and a municipal parking lot in the back. Free parking.

Not too much stuff on the menu makes it easier to choose. Order at the bar. Nice bar and crowd. Usually sports channels on the TV and seems to be the watering hole for locals. Nice and friendly staff. Trish took my order and was very friendly. Their fries are fresh and burgers/sandwiches are awesome.

Not too heavy on the pocket, nice and clean small town restaurant. I will definitely go here again since I'll be working with this client often.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

82% Recommend
Algonquin, Illinois
“Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Anyone who advertises "Worlds Best Burgers" either has big balls or can back up their claim. Unfortunately I live 40+ miles away, so I don't get to visit nearly as much as I like. The burgers truly are the best. I normally obt for the 1/2 lb and it is always cooked to perfection at medium rare. Potatoe wedges and a side of fried pickles leave me stuffed for the hour ride home.

Warning....the place is ALWAYS packed, so if they act a little rushed....they are. QUIT complaining about the service. These ladies are working their butts off!

Now if they would only build Freds ll about 40 miles south.........

Well worth the trip for now.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“A Hamburger that takes pride in being a hamburger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is what burgers use to taste like before McDonalds. Fresh meat, hand formed, lightly seasoned and cooked on a really hot grill. The ends get a little crunchy and the middle is still pink. Did I say juicy that only comes by the freshest, not frozen, meat cooked on a really hot grill searing the meat on the outside and locking all the great taste inside! A Good toasted bun and you are all set to add onions grilled to perfection, lettuce tomato, Wisconsin cheese and Fred’s own mix. This is worth the drive to Burlington Wi. The restaurant is small has a real hometown feel, the service is friendly definitely family oriented. If you sit at the bar you get served otherwise you order your food and drinks at an ordering station and they bring it to your table piping hot. Sides are usual stuff and well prepared. They bread all their own fried onion rings, curds, cauliflower etc. An interesting note they have Root Beer on tap and it seemed to be really popular.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Go for the food, not the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Traveling in the area, we have gone twice this week. Home cut fries, fresh burgers, good drink menu. Kids thought it was great fun to write down your order and take it to the bar. When I asked for a lettuce wrapped burger instead of a bun, they (teenager at the register) said they couldn't do it. Really? You have lettuce - make a minor accommodation. If you want a menu adjustment or superb service, go somewhere else. If you want a good burger and fries, this is your place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Geneva
“WORLD'S WORST BURGER & AWFUL SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hadn't been to Fred's in a couple of years......WHAT HAPPENED????? Came for lunch with my two young daughters. The place wasn't that busy, wrote down my order (onion rings, cheeseburger, and two kids cheeseburger meals. Ask for medium burgers. Also, two Tap Sprecher root beers and a soft drink. Got the drinks and went to the table to await the food order. Root Beer was served in a not frosty, warm stein. Not very good. The staff, a bunch of young boys in blue shirts, probably 8 of them were serving tables. They looked totally lost and were just goofing around. Waited about thirty minutes and saw one of them walking in circles with a basket of food. Turned out to be the onion rings, all seven of them a little bigger then a half dollar and almost $6.00. Well waited about another 10 minutes and 1 order of kids fries arrived. Ten minutes later the other fry. Still no burgers. So far three different servers. Walked up, Where/
's the Burgers....They'll be right up. 15 minutes later, wa-la. The three extra well done burgers are here. Kids wouldn't eat them, I tried. Worst stuff I ever saw. Went out to talk to the manager who said that's the way there made unless you specify otherwise. I showed the ticket i wrote MEDIUM on and was told that it must have been missed. I was told new burgers could be made. I advised I was there over an hour and had to get to the airport. I also mentioned that usually when you order a meal you want it all together. I was told that they bring it out when it's ready so it's hot. I have to say it was hot, just not edible. I then was handed a receipt for $30. I handed my credit card to the cashier and left. What a waste, no offer to comp. GO TO McDonald's, YOU'LL GET A BETTER BURGER!

• Visited July 2013