“Updated rooms enhance this property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
Iowa
“Updated rooms enhance this property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Because I have family who live near this hotel, my spouse and I have stayed here several times in the past. The staff are friendly and rooms are comfortable. This time some updates in decor were a definite enhancement. Too bad they used those awful glaring fluorescent fixtures in the bathroom - the only negative. Free internet to SPG Rewards members is much appreciated. We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
franksville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, very much. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The room was soo comfortable with a great touch of efficiency & intelligent design of space. Room service was high end delicious with fair prices and the breakfast buffet was fresh and plentiful. We always love fresh waffles & a choice of fresh melon. The pool/hot tub was wonderful, specifically the timer choices with the hot tub. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The suite has two televisions and a door for privacy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I am glad to here your stay was a good one and you enjoyed one our junior suites. Thank you for your comments.
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Arrived later than I expected (about 9:45pm) after running around all day. Check-in was easy and when I mentioned it was my birthday, the desk clerk offered me a complimentary snack or beverage. She also helped me with the business center printer later that evening.

The bar area was a bit spirited that evening. It was a small area so I didn't bother with the free drink and opted for the Starwood points instead.

Room was a double queen and was very clean and comfortable. Linens were nice and the bed was soft. I prefer a somewhat firm mattress but was able to get comfortable easily enough. My only complaint was the window shade letting in too much light from the parking lot. No drapes in the room so couldn't black the room out which I normally do. The sink was slow draining and I left so early in the morning that I forgot to let them know. Grabbed a tea for the road and my folio was e-mailed to me later that morning.

I stayed here because it is a Starwood property but will return because of the ease of the stay and the location is close to everything I needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Meeting and exceeding the expectations of our valued SPG members is job 1 for us. Thank you for your business.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've had about six stays at this location over the past couple years. I'm a SPG Platinum and I've received upgrades on 5 of the 6 stays. It's a bit of a hike from the airport but they have free shuttles.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for continuing to stay with us when you are in the area. You business is much appreciated.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times - on business trips. Last trip was October 9, 10, 11 2013. The hotel was recently renovated approx. late 2012/early 2013 - and is very clean and nicely decorated. Towels, linens and pillows appear to be new and clean - nice & bright white! The breakfast buffet is very good & the staff always treats you well. I see a lot of the same hotel employees from visit to visit so it must be a good place to work. Hotel is located within walking distance of shopping - TJ Maxx, Kohls, Burlington, Old Navy, etc...for those of us who enjoy retail therapy after a long day running through airports & working. I will continue to return to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this property for a wedding this past weekend. The hotel is obviously old, though you can tell they have updated it fairly recently.

If you are at all claustrophobic, make sure you don't get room 207 (pictured). That was our room and not only was it a view of the indoor pool, it was predominantly the view of a rocky, dark corner ledge. There are no other windows in the room. Coupled with the strangely low ceilings, we had to keep the drapes drawn or we felt sort of suffocated. Having said that, we could only hear people in the pool occasionally, but could continuously hear our neighbors next door and across the hall.

The bed was big and comfortable. Everything in our room seemed extremely clean. I enjoyed the light in the mirror for putting on makeup and especially liked that the bed had book lights.

We had really awful service in the restaurant/bar area, so I wouldn't recommend eating there. I won't tattle on any specific employee, but one in particular seemed more interested in sharing his cellphone pictures than working. It was frustrating after an extremely long drive. We just wanted to eat quickly and go to sleep.

We wouldn't stay here again. It's worth the extra money to stay at another hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the indoor pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns with your experience during your stay. Input from valued cusotmers greatly assist us in identifying and correcting our shortcomings. Your experience in the restaruant is truly exception not the rule. I have shared your comments about the service with the Restaurant Manager. Corrective action has been taken.
Though the building has been here awhile, we have recently completed a total renovation. Everything you see and touch is new. I can understand why you feel the poolside room you were in was small as the window overlooks the indoor pool and part of a wall. All the rooms, however are the same size, with the same ceiling height, 8 ft.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will stay with us in the future, just not in a poolside room.
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here September 17-20 for a business trip. The hotel was supposedly sold out during this time, but it never appeared crowded anywhere. The free shuttle picked us up promptly at the airport and we arrived after about a 20 minute drive. There were issues with the reservations a co-worker had made--not sure who's fault, but her first night was cancelled. Other than that, there were no issues. Rooms were pleasant--had a room safe, iron/ironing board, coffeemaker, refrigerator, hair dryer. Bathrooms were stocked with shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion. As others have noted, bathrooms were a little dark to apply make-up. Our reservations included breakfast buffet, and there was coffee available for all. Shuttle took us back to the airport on time. A nice (but not fancy) hotel, friendly staff. If I was in the area, would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and staying with us.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!