“Poor service.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield

You added Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield to your Saves list
Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 South Moorland Road, Brookfield, WI 53005 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
“Poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We experienced a problem with the heating/cooling system when we got into our room.[it didn't work] We called down to the front desk immediately ,and the staff was less than pleased to help us. They made us feel as if we did something wrong. Eventually, they moved us to a different room.
They have a lounge at this hotel, but goodluck getting service. After a good 10 minute wait at the bar, we went elsewhere.
We love staying at Best Western properties, but this is by far the most disappointing BW property we've ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ScotM1005, General Manager at Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Kim,
3 dots...that's a first for us in a very long time! I'm so sorry the heating in the room was not working. Brand new Energy efficient controls just completed through out all guestrooms so I'm very surprised. I will have our building engineer check this out right a way. I do know that our units do not bring cool air from outside in the winter as our huge compressor may freeze so it is shut down. They have electric heat back up as well.
Also I'm sorry we were so busy in the bar (Musky event in town) and could not serve you in a reasonable amount of time.
We are training new people and looking for more as the hotel is busier than ever. Please consider us again as many improvements ( as always here) are planned and underway.
Scot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Well, we had another fantastic stay for the 2013 Milwaukee Muskie Expo at the Best Western Plus Midway Hotel and Suites-Brookfield!

I'm glad to report that this hotel has stepped up their game immensely and all for the better. This year we reserved a room with a King bed and a pull out couch. The rooms linens are now upgraded to more modern linens. My 4 1/2 year old son was in heaven sleeping on the pull out couch, which, if I had slept on it, would not have been that comfortable, but he loved it!!! Our king sized bed was very comfortable, as well.

We were pleasantly surprised that the hotel has now upgraded to HUGE HD T.V.s in the rooms AND has HD T.V. stations to go along with them!!! We have stayed at many other hotels that have upgraded their t.v.s and what's the point of doing that unless you are going to also have HD content run on them. This is the FIRST EVER hotel that we have stayed in that also has the HD t.v. channels to go along with their beautiful t.v.s. Also in our room was a DVD player; what a nice touch, huh?!

We were able to get the Muskie Expo group rate, which was, again, fantastic! Our reservation included the wonderful breakfast; The first day there were scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, a few different cereals, orange or apple juice, yoghourt, breads, donuts and bagels, coffee and tea. The second morning there was scrambled eggs, sausage, grilled ham, french toast, western omelets, a few different cereals, orange or apple juice, yoghourt, breads, donuts and bagels, coffee and tea. My son was very disappointed that there was not any bacon the second morning and so we ordered him a side of bacon. We would have gladly paid for the extra food item, but they did not charge us!!! The excellent breakfast is one of the main reasons we enjoy staying here.

We used the pool on Friday evening with my 4 1/2 year old and 1 1/2 year old. They had a great time swimming in the wonderfully warm pool with the many other children that were also swimming. The hot tub was SUPER hot. My husband used it for a while, but then had to get out because it was a bit too hot. When we arrived, there were no towels located on the shelves. My husband went to the front desk to ask for some and someone immediately came to restock the shelves. We definitely enjoyed using the pool on this trip!

Thanks again for the wonderful stay Best Western and we will be back again next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ScotM1005, General Manager at Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor!
The 42" flat screen televisions with Fibre Optic High definition service does seem to be a
nice addition. Thank you for also noticing how we went the extra distance for the Muskies at
breakfast. More improvements - above and beyond the call of duty - are planned here shortly to make your experience here even more memorable. Always a pleasure to do that for such a great group!
WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay this past weekend. We rented a poolside suite and that worked out perfectly for our bigger family (with kids ranging in age from 2 - 14). We wanted someplace to stay near shopping, restaurants...with amenities for the kids. Our room was very convenient to the activities - swimming pool, air hockey, ping pong, pool... There were also two newer flatscreens in our room - no DVD as was on the hotel website, but maybe available at the front desk if you ask? Not a big deal to us so we didn't follow up. Nice BIG table in our room too that comfortably sat 6.

This is not a super modern facility- definitely shows it's age in some respects, but that is part of the charm we thought. I had visited here many years ago with my grandparents and was fun to bring my own kids back. Every employee we encountered was friendly and very helpful. Appreciated the breakfast buffet included with our room.

I will say what was the best part of our stay (being poolside) did bring some challenges when we wanted to turn in for the night - two of our kids slept out on the sofa bed in the main living area while the rest of us slept in the bedroom - definitely noisy at night out in the pool area - it is a great gathering area, but can certainly be loud as the doors on the rooms are older and not very soundproofed. We would stay poolside again - just something to be aware of.

Appreciated the proximity to shopping, meals and rate that we were charged. If we're looking for a hotel in this area again, we will definitely book here!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are very fun and close to the activities, but they can be louder at night depending o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ScotM1005, General Manager at Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello and thankyou so much for your candid review! I will be checking the door gaps under the pool area doors but you are right...mostly due to the large pool area window overlooking the atrium the pool area rooms will never be as quiet as the tower rooms. So glad you came back again with your own kids as well. We do have lots of Business customers that are now in their 40s and 50s that also enjoyed their family vacation or reunion here when youngsters. We have plans for more refinements in the near future to make your stay even more rewarding. Thank you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed while in town for a funeral. We loved our room, super spacious and the bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The room was cold when we came in, but warmed up fast when we adjusted the thermostat.

The only complaint about the stay was the breakfast. I picked this hotel solely based on the breakfast buffet, and was very disappointed. They advertise "sizzling waffles", but there were none to be found, nor a waffle maker to make your own. While this is a minor issue to most, it is what I had been looking forward to, and why we picked this location over another, cheaper, option.

We do plan to return with the kids to check out the pool, it looked wonderful and inviting.

• Stayed February 2013
ScotM1005, General Manager at Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor and I'm so happy you're returning with the kids!
We've been tweeking our free continental breakfast buffet to add variety and I apologize that our waffle maker was not out during your stay. Please know we have a cook or two on duty and waffles are on our menu so you can order them any time for breakfast. Your coupon gives you $5.00 off of any of our menu selections. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you'll notice even more improvements during your next visit. All my best! Scot
North Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Thank you Gina Brown for you and your staff's awsome service.
We are triple bookers. 14 years ago Feb. we hosted our daughters wedding reception here, nothing but good comments on the food and the speciality vegetarian request. This summer in August we hosted our son's wedding reception at the same place same room, same great service and excellent food. We had guest from Japan and they were very impressed and well as many other out of town guest. Roll forward time to plan our Holiday/Welcome the New Year party and the best place I could think of was of course Gina and Best Western. Though it was a much smaller group than the previous two, we were given the same great service, consideration and food. It is so nice to see the same friendly face in the hospitaly industry after 14 years. We also stayed at the hotel and the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and the linens were quality. We look forward to our next adventure. Keep up the great work.
dw

Room Tip: If you want quite a higher floor would be your best bet, but, we did not have any issues with our ac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Dave!
How nice you took the time to write about us on Trip Advisor! I will share your very kind words with Gina and our Chef as they both have the spirit of hospitality engrained deep within themselves and their staff here. Creating positive memorable experiances keeps us all going strong so besides concentrating on service we are planning some wonderful upgrades in the near future.
Thankyou again for staying with us and I'm so happy we've been consistently successful over so many visits!
racine, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Three night stay, 100% satisfactory. Friendly staff, nice room with great mattress and huge TV. All you can want for breakfast. Spacious atrium for visiting and nice pool. Only hitch was that two exercise bikes not working. Hey, what's not to like. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thankyou for your wonderful review! Tomarrow (2-20) our maitenance and repair company - Fitness Techs- will be here to make repairs and perform maitenance on all the fitness room equipment. So sorry two of our units were down during your stay. Thanks again for spreading the good word on Trip Advisor!
All my best,
Forestville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed the night at the Best Western Plus Midway in Brookfield Wisconsin for a coaches clinic. It was a very pleasant stay at that. I was greeted with a warm smile and a hello from every employee I encountered. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were so comfortable I thought for a second to take a few since there was 6 of them. But I knew that would be wrong:) I had the pleasure to meet Rick and GIna. Rick is the Events Coordinator and in talking told me he worked there for 6 years. Gina is the Assistant Manager and when I asked her how long she worked there, she said 22 years. It is a testament to their loyalty and there exceptional service that this is a great place to stay when in Brookfield. I ate at Maxwells restaurant and had the Clam Chowder. It was so delicious that I wish I would have asked for a bucket to take home.

Thank you to Gina and Rick for making my stay a pleasant one and I look forward to staying again when in the Brookfield area. Next time I will use the pool:)

Room Tip: Make sure you set your alarm clock because you are gonna sleep good!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ScotM1005, General Manager at Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much Mr. Pasz for your wonderful review of the Hotel and staff here.
I will be sure to share your review with Gina and Rick, I am already so proud and happy for them as we do receive a lot of praises. Yours is one of the better ones as I know the two day event you were here for does take extra care and effort. Thanks again for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! Scot

Been to Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield? Share your experiences!