“Fun weekend with the kids!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield

You added Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield to your Saves list
Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 South Moorland Road, Brookfield, WI 53005 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
WI
“Fun weekend with the kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay this past weekend. We rented a poolside suite and that worked out perfectly for our bigger family (with kids ranging in age from 2 - 14). We wanted someplace to stay near shopping, restaurants...with amenities for the kids. Our room was very convenient to the activities - swimming pool, air hockey, ping pong, pool... There were also two newer flatscreens in our room - no DVD as was on the hotel website, but maybe available at the front desk if you ask? Not a big deal to us so we didn't follow up. Nice BIG table in our room too that comfortably sat 6.

This is not a super modern facility- definitely shows it's age in some respects, but that is part of the charm we thought. I had visited here many years ago with my grandparents and was fun to bring my own kids back. Every employee we encountered was friendly and very helpful. Appreciated the breakfast buffet included with our room.

I will say what was the best part of our stay (being poolside) did bring some challenges when we wanted to turn in for the night - two of our kids slept out on the sofa bed in the main living area while the rest of us slept in the bedroom - definitely noisy at night out in the pool area - it is a great gathering area, but can certainly be loud as the doors on the rooms are older and not very soundproofed. We would stay poolside again - just something to be aware of.

Appreciated the proximity to shopping, meals and rate that we were charged. If we're looking for a hotel in this area again, we will definitely book here!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are very fun and close to the activities, but they can be louder at night depending o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ScotM1005, General Manager at Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello and thankyou so much for your candid review! I will be checking the door gaps under the pool area doors but you are right...mostly due to the large pool area window overlooking the atrium the pool area rooms will never be as quiet as the tower rooms. So glad you came back again with your own kids as well. We do have lots of Business customers that are now in their 40s and 50s that also enjoyed their family vacation or reunion here when youngsters. We have plans for more refinements in the near future to make your stay even more rewarding. Thank you again.
Scot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed while in town for a funeral. We loved our room, super spacious and the bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The room was cold when we came in, but warmed up fast when we adjusted the thermostat.

The only complaint about the stay was the breakfast. I picked this hotel solely based on the breakfast buffet, and was very disappointed. They advertise "sizzling waffles", but there were none to be found, nor a waffle maker to make your own. While this is a minor issue to most, it is what I had been looking forward to, and why we picked this location over another, cheaper, option.

We do plan to return with the kids to check out the pool, it looked wonderful and inviting.

• Stayed February 2013
ScotM1005, General Manager at Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor and I'm so happy you're returning with the kids!
We've been tweeking our free continental breakfast buffet to add variety and I apologize that our waffle maker was not out during your stay. Please know we have a cook or two on duty and waffles are on our menu so you can order them any time for breakfast. Your coupon gives you $5.00 off of any of our menu selections. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you'll notice even more improvements during your next visit. All my best! Scot
North Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Thank you Gina Brown for you and your staff's awsome service.
We are triple bookers. 14 years ago Feb. we hosted our daughters wedding reception here, nothing but good comments on the food and the speciality vegetarian request. This summer in August we hosted our son's wedding reception at the same place same room, same great service and excellent food. We had guest from Japan and they were very impressed and well as many other out of town guest. Roll forward time to plan our Holiday/Welcome the New Year party and the best place I could think of was of course Gina and Best Western. Though it was a much smaller group than the previous two, we were given the same great service, consideration and food. It is so nice to see the same friendly face in the hospitaly industry after 14 years. We also stayed at the hotel and the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and the linens were quality. We look forward to our next adventure. Keep up the great work.
dw

Room Tip: If you want quite a higher floor would be your best bet, but, we did not have any issues with our ac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Dave!
How nice you took the time to write about us on Trip Advisor! I will share your very kind words with Gina and our Chef as they both have the spirit of hospitality engrained deep within themselves and their staff here. Creating positive memorable experiances keeps us all going strong so besides concentrating on service we are planning some wonderful upgrades in the near future.
Thankyou again for staying with us and I'm so happy we've been consistently successful over so many visits!
racine, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Three night stay, 100% satisfactory. Friendly staff, nice room with great mattress and huge TV. All you can want for breakfast. Spacious atrium for visiting and nice pool. Only hitch was that two exercise bikes not working. Hey, what's not to like. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thankyou for your wonderful review! Tomarrow (2-20) our maitenance and repair company - Fitness Techs- will be here to make repairs and perform maitenance on all the fitness room equipment. So sorry two of our units were down during your stay. Thanks again for spreading the good word on Trip Advisor!
Forestville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed the night at the Best Western Plus Midway in Brookfield Wisconsin for a coaches clinic. It was a very pleasant stay at that. I was greeted with a warm smile and a hello from every employee I encountered. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were so comfortable I thought for a second to take a few since there was 6 of them. But I knew that would be wrong:) I had the pleasure to meet Rick and GIna. Rick is the Events Coordinator and in talking told me he worked there for 6 years. Gina is the Assistant Manager and when I asked her how long she worked there, she said 22 years. It is a testament to their loyalty and there exceptional service that this is a great place to stay when in Brookfield. I ate at Maxwells restaurant and had the Clam Chowder. It was so delicious that I wish I would have asked for a bucket to take home.

Thank you to Gina and Rick for making my stay a pleasant one and I look forward to staying again when in the Brookfield area. Next time I will use the pool:)

Room Tip: Make sure you set your alarm clock because you are gonna sleep good!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ScotM1005, General Manager at Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much Mr. Pasz for your wonderful review of the Hotel and staff here.
I will be sure to share your review with Gina and Rick, I am already so proud and happy for them as we do receive a lot of praises. Yours is one of the better ones as I know the two day event you were here for does take extra care and effort. Thanks again for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! Scot
Madison,Wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here for a night with my Sister for a "Girls" night. Hotel is close to a lot of shopping. Front desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. Had a glass of wine at the bar and the staff was friendly. Rooms were clean. Towels fluffy, and sheets were not worn at all. Pool area looked clean. Had a nice game area for kids. We had a room facing the pool, there were several kids in the pool. You can hear them very well in your room. If you want complete quiet, you may want a room that isn't in the pool area. The only bad thing is about the free breakfast. We walked into the dining room, weren't greeted and saw no staff to speak of. We looked at the buffet choices, there weren't many to pick from so we left.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us for your night out and for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor. While your visit it seems was mostly very good I'm sorry no one was in the dining room when you arrived for breakfast. For any future visits please know: We do have a "seat / help yourself" sign that must not have been out and everyday we do have an attendant that must have been in the kitchen replenishing the buffet supplies. I also have a chef or cook there everyday and your breakfast ticket can be turned in for $5.00 off anything off our full service breakfast menu.
Thanks again for your review and know I will share it with the Chef & attendants so they know how important they are to creating a superior customer experience.
Greenville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our family along w/ another stayed here April 2012.While the hotel itself is outdated (but clean) I cant say enough about the service from the beginning til the end..The children had a great time w/the pool area &we had brought in pizzas & drinks and the worker for that area was there offering to clean up after us. That evening the adults went down to the bar & grill where a very good live band was playing. We seriously did not expect such a fun atmosphere in a hotel bar! Its a great space and obviously a destination for the Brewer fans to come back to after the game (I believe this hotel offers shuttle services to & from the games) The bar & wait staff there was great as well and even the front lobby seemed always to be smiling that their guests were having a good time. After our departure my husband discovered he had left his phone in the room. The manager Tom & front desk greatly assisted him track it down.We happened to be staying here this time b/c one of our children had a sports event in the area but we would definitely consider using this hotel for a future Brewer trip:)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ScotM1005, General Manager at Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello and Thank you for writing about your visit here last April. I'm so happy you discovered the fun bar here during one of our live band nights (Saturdays & Thursdays). When you do come back you will see many updates and changes! 42" flat screens now with High Definition Digital service, new carpet, pool area furniture, Free air hockey now as well besides the ping pong, pool table and water Basketball. Glad we were able to find and return the lost phone. Our staff really does care and I'm very proud of them. Ask for me when you do return as my office is next to the lobby.
Scot

Been to Midway Hotel & Suites Brookfield? Share your experiences!