“Dessert only please!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Dessert only please!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I just recently dined there for my birthday, having been there before quite some time ago, I was very excited. The whole experience is a great idea, however the food was not quite what I had expected. Even the salad, my boyfriend ordered the Ceaser salad and it didn't even come with romaine lettuce, it came with iceburg. We both agreed that the lettuce tasted as though it had not been washed, which was very unpleasant! (Vegetarians beware, there are not a whole lot of options! The ravioli falls apart in the actual pot and is not even good)

My boyfriend and I had chosen the four course meal and the only part we would ever come back for, would be the dessert.

It was a sad disappointment, especially being my birthday dinner. But there are plenty of other great restaurants in the area that I would definitely recommend spending your hard earned money on, other than The Melting Pot.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Lewistown, Montana
“Wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Food is delicious and my family did not have room for dessert. It took us about 2 hours with a three course meal.
Having the cheese fondue made at the table and cooking your own entree was definitely the coolest part of the experience. The teriyaki steak, chicken and duck meat were still tender after cooking in oil! The duck I had was voted the best meat by my family.
The overall atmosphere was great although the lighting seem a little too low. Definitely a restaurant for special occasions with the prices.Portions for a single entree may be small by American standards- don't expect to get a 24 oz steak diced up for fondue. However, this is not a one course meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“OVER PRICED$$$$$$”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My families recent visit to the Melting Pot was a disappointment. The amount of food that was given was quite pathetic for the money that is charged. The individual portions were very small. I am NOT a 'Belly up to the buffet' female by any means, but the portions were maybe enough for a small child at best. We had the $19.00 per person option, and we got maybe 4-5 small pieces of tenderloin as well as cut up chicken and shrimp. The concept is very cool to cook your food at your table as well as very healthy, we choose chicken broth and held off on the cheeses this time. Tho the cheese fondue is VERY good, but again pricey. Drinks also very expensive. Our bill total was about $100.00 for a family of three, only one alcohol drink. Yikes!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
GEORGIA
“Made our Anniversary that much more Special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my husband and I first time visiting a melting pot restaurant period. The ambience was nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodated our last minute reservation. We had to bring our 8 month old daughter and still was able to enjoying everything. We tried the 4 course experience and it took about 2hrs 15 mins to finish. You get your courses one by one. You have time to actually enjoy everything. We tried the Wisconsin trio cheese fondue and it was good but the sherry was too strong for me but not my husband. The house salad and dressing was very tasteful. The French Quarter entree was seasoned just right n very flavorful. We tried the chocolate s'more's for dessert fondue and it was delicious. They also brought out a cute decorated saucer with happy anniversary on it. We never had to ask for refills on our drinks. I would definitely recommend this melting pot location to everyone!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Don't go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Although I love The Melting pot restaurants I have been to (which is quite a few), This one in Brookfield Wisconsin was very disappointing. After several visits we just couldn't go back anymore. From overcharging us more than the menu said,(check your Ticket closely) to horrible rudeness of the manager and some staff, we could not go back. On one occasions I had to ask them to clean the seat I was sitting at (Apparently they overlooked it before seating us, on two occasions the utensils they brought to the table were dirty,On another visit, I had to ask them to bring out more steak, because they brought me 4 small pieces which was less than the order required. Although our waitress was friendly, the manager and asst. manager were very rude and acted as they could care less if we were there. on a scale of 1 to 10 I give them a 2.

• Visited April 2013