“Excellent service, good food & wine, bit too pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 143 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Private Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Private Dining
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent service, good food & wine, bit too pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was here with a group of seven colleagues while on a business trip. We came on a Wednesday night at about 7PM, and were lucky that the wait time for a table was only 30 minutes--this place clearly does some good business! While we waited, several people in our party enjoyed free wine samples in the winery store, which you pass through to get into the restaurant. I can't speak for the wine myself, as I don't drink it, but my companions enjoyed their selections. Once we were seated, our server arrived promptly to take care of us. Most of the party ordered appetizers--the cheese plate had some excellent cheeses on it, even by the standards of a couple of us who don't particularly enjoy cheese in general, and the Mexican Drunken Shrimp were fantastic (bacon-wrapped shrimp in a tequila sauce with guacamole). I had the surf & turf with the Mexican Drunken Shrimp and the filet medallions, with vegetables and mashed potatoes. The mashers were pretty standard, the vegetables had excellent flavor, and the shrimp were great, but the filet medallions were, to me, average at best--the topping (made of horseradish, parmesan, and a blue cheese, I think) was not nearly as flavorful as I would have expected given the description. My companions ordered the scallop entree, seared tuna, a chicken dish, and fish tacos, and while everyone enjoyed it, I think most of us thought that the food was overpriced for what it was. We did not have desserts on this trip, but they did appear to have a decent selection.

We might come back here, but I wouldn't put it at the top of my list, as I think we could get more for our money elsewhere. That said, the food was good and our server was fantastic.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Wonderful service, food, and wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This place is a wonderful dining experience. Some wine tasting to select what wine you like (we liked all we tasted). The crab & lobster bisque and chopped wedge salad combo was very delicious. For entrees: one in party had pork, one had pasta with butternut squash, one a bleu burger. We were all pleased. Server was attentive and friendly. We will be going back--and soon!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Good Restaurant and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very good food and many selections. I had few lunches and one dinner there. I would like to go whenever I get chance.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“Fun & Easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stopped in on a Friday evening after 8 pm and we enjoyed the staff and the food. Great wines and would be a nice place to visit with another couple.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
East Troy, Wisconsin
“Great food, wine, service, atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I joined their wine club….terrific deal. We drank from their private label selections. I had a NY white that was crisp and fresh. The bisque was delicious and close to being a meal on its own, but I also managed to sample chicken and chorizo stuffed mushrooms- very good food! Plan ahead for reservations then arrive early to browse the cool retail area.

• Visited March 2014