“Just as Good as I Remember..” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Brookfield
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Just as Good as I Remember..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My mom stayed at this hotel for almost a month while my dad was in the hospital nearby. That was over four years ago, the staff was wonderful to her then, which is why when we were looking for a place to stay for a weekend we chose this hotel. It's in a nice area and wasn't difficult to find. Brookfield Mall is very close if you're interested in shopping, and there are two good chain restaurants connected to the hotel. Our room was very large, which was nice to have space to spread out, especially since we stayed two nights. Although the whirlpool tub in the room wasn't one of the most spacious I've ever seen, it was still big enough to take a nice relaxing bath. We were on the ground floor, way at the end of the hallway, so there were no issues with noise or kids running the halls, even tho' it was pretty clear there was at least one boys' hockey team staying there. Breakfast was your typical free breakfast.. nothing fancy, but functional. We honestly don't select hotels because of the free breakfast offers. If we want a nice breakfast, we'll go someplace and pay for it.

As I said, the room was spacious. There was a nice, comfortable king size bed, separate sitting area with a small table and chairs, a sofa bed and second TV. There was a microwave and small refrigerator in the room as well. My only complaint may be that lighting in the bathroom could have been brighter and the blow dryer was a little "weak".. I normally take my own, but thought I'd just skip it this time and use the hotel one. Won't make that mistake again!

Overall, I would say that we would certainly return to this Country Inn and Suites if we find ourselves heading to the Milwaukee area in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
jarman2031, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Milwaukee West, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our hotel. Our rooms are very spacious and usually are a big hit for families traveling. Thank you for letting us know about the hair dryer and lites in the bathroom area. This issue was addressed by our team. I was very happy to share your comments with our staff. They love the feedback.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Onalaska, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is marginal at best. It was very busy with lot's of kids and the staff was overwhelmed. Room quality is fine, but here are nicer hotels in the area.
The hotel was inexpensive but quality is more important to me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences at our hotel. We enjoyed hearing about the quality of the hotel in particular. We have discussed and immediately addressed the issue mentioned about the kids in the halls and the staff level. We believe this is resolved for the future. Again, we're happy you let us know about your stay, and glad we could resolve it immediately.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

After driving 7 hours we got into the hotel an hour early. I was worried that we weren't going to be able to check in till 3:00PM. Josh at the front desk took very good care of us. He got us our room and said there was no problem checking in early. Our room was very spacious and CLEAN, which was nice because it all owed our 2 and 4 year old to play with their toys.

Swimming pool was really nice also. After a long day on the road it was nice and refreshing be able to take a swim and sit in the hot tub.

Breakfast was also very nice. Lots to choose from both days so you shouldn't go hungry.

Over all this was a great choice for our weekend stay in the area. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the Brookfield area.

Room Tip: Book early. We booked almost a month in advance and got a really good deal on a suite. We payed th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
What a wonderful review. We are grateful to hear you share about Josh at the front desk, and about our Pool, and breakfast areas. We take pride in providing a nice experience for our guests. I have personally read and shared your experience with our entire staff at our monthly meeting. We will look forward to you visits in the future.

Brookfield, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel is fine. The staff are unbelievable rude. The night manager is incredibly creepy. I would not let my children anywhere near him. He was completely inappropriate to a young boy, very unprofessional. Had the child in tears. Needles to say, he did not do this in front of the childs parents. But did do it with a group of adults. Unbelievable that an adult would act in the manner that he did. Think twice about staying here if you have children. It is not a child friendly hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
jarman2031, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Milwaukee West, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with our hotel. The manager you spoke of is our security officer, he was responding to many children unaccompanied by any parents for long periods of time. We have addressed this issue with him in detail. I am sure this won't be an issue in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback so we could address this issue.

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

A great hotel in a great location. The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable, the oillows are to die for. There are two great restaurants on site and it is located very close to Interstate 94. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and amenities. We take pride in the quality of products and services we provide. We will be sure to share this with our entire team.
We look forward to your future stays with us.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Josh at the front desk was excellent .Was impressed with the service .He made sure we had everything we needed.Rooms were great Big spacious ,loved the whirl pool .Breakfast was very good.Definitely will recommend to friends and family and stay again.Was glad to see people take pride in their job .

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We enjoyed your comments about Josh at our front desk. He has served the company for many years and does a great job for us. I will be sure to let our entire staff know of your satisfaction with your stay. We look forward to your stays with us in the future.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I can't say enough about the service provided by the evening staff. My sister-in-law was at Froedtert Hospital and I came to be a support to my brother. My husband had enough points to stay 3 days. The staff was nice enough to upgrade us to a suite so my brother & I could stay together. It was nice because my brother could go in very early to make doctor's rounds (7 am) and I could go in later at 9:30. Later, when I needed to leave. They helped me arrange for my brother to stay in the same room. Everything went seamlessly. It was very nice because it allowed us to concentrate on my sister-in-law's recovery.

I thought the breakfast was very good. Breakfast room staff would often ask to clear my empty dishes as I was texting family with updates.

Room and the rest of the property was always very clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feelings about the customer service. We take pride in providing great service. I have shared this with our entire staff. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Jeff Arman

Been to Country Inn & Suites Milwaukee West? Share your experiences!