“Overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marquette, Michigan
“Overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed in here on a weekend trip to the WI State fair. Our room was very spacious and clean. The hotel staff was very friendly. It was not too far of a drive to the fair grounds or Miller Park. Would definitely stay here agian.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
jarman2031, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Milwaukee West, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to the Wisconsin St. Fair, and your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in service and accomodations. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Kind Regards,

Jeff Arman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cold Spring, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

What a nice surprise. Check in was very fast and efficient. Room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very quiet. The shower was great what an enjoyable
experience.

• Stayed July 2013
We enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and we very pleased everything met and exceeded your expectations. My entire team really liked hearing your comments. We look forward serving you in the future.

Regards,
Roosevelt Park, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel was the end to our family road trip. This hotel was awesome from the first step in the door. We arrive around 6 and they immediately assisted us and made us feel at home. The appearance outside was wonderful and just as clean when we walked in. They had wonderful fresh cookies my 3 children loved.
The one problem was resolved quickly after a trip to the wonderful ladies at the front desk. We were given a room with two wonderful queen size beds but did not seem logical for our party of five. The ladies at the front desk quickly gave us an upgrade to the queen suite(for a small charge). I thought they would have given us the queen suite when reserving a party of five.
The free breakfast was awesome. This was the first hotel where all five of us were able to find something we enjoyed. It was a great start to our fun filled day.
This hotel was awesome and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share with us how enjoyable your stay was. I was excited and proud to share this with our entire team. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Best regards,
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stayed at his location multiple times for work and for family visits. I have always been very happy with the service...but found this visit disappointing. I had reserved two rooms for two nights online. Upon check in Kathy seemed confused when I explained we reserved two rooms. She found the second room under my husbands name (not sure why that happened) and proceeded to "explain" that this was not her fault, and it was my fault for not reserving the rooms correctly. (no one was blaming her, we were happy she found the second reservation). When I reserved the rooms I requested adjoining rooms. Kathy explained they have limited adjoining rooms. I explained I had requested adjoining rooms upon booking due to the number of children we had. She explained they were very busy and again had limited rooms. (A phone call explaining my request could not be fulfilled would have been helpful so we could have made other accommodations.)

Aside from the poor front desk service, our room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable as usual. The pool area was very clean, and considering how many children were staying at this property, the staff kept towels supplied. The breakfast was good and exercise equipment well maintained.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jarman2031, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Milwaukee West, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about the problem you experienced with our front desk staff member. We addressed this issue immediately. We are so glad to hear the rest of your stay was as great as usual. My entire team looks forward to your return to our hotel in the future.

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

As a Carlson Club Gold member and someone who travels a lot on business, I have stayed at many Country Inn And Suites. They are always pleasant and a good value. I had three separate stays at this location recently and they were all exceptional. Not because of the property which was clean and fine even though starting to show its age, but because of a specific team member. Thank you Kathy for making me feel welcome, comfortable, and cared for every single day. You worked long hours but always had a friendly smile and greeting. You truly went above and beyond and I was impressed. This hotel is a good value in a great location, but Kathy's hospitality is really what makes it deserve a top rating. Thanks for great stays.

• Stayed June 2013
My entire team and I want to thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We look forward to your next viisit with us.

LaPorte, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

One of the best hotel stays I've ever had. I visited this hotel the second week of June 2013. The rooms were spotless,the staff was extremely helpful and friendly,the amenities the hotel had to offer we're perfect for any type of stay. Nice and clean pool and hot tub. Small but nice fitness room and the breakfast area was great. Different selections for breakfast each morning. The hotel is connected to a sports bar/ restaurant on one end and an Outback Steakhouse on the other. This was very convenient during bad weather. The hotel also offered discount tickets to area attractions such as the zoo,etc.

Room Tip: King suite was great for a single business traveler or a family of 4
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you were able to take advantage of the discount tickets during your stay with us. We thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff members. I will personally share these comments with our entire team.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've stayed at this property multiple times for work. I'm always extremely pleased with the level of service I receive here. The breakfst is good and plentiful. The pool area is clean and relaxing. The room was clean. I was upgraded because of my Club Carlson rewards. Check in was easy, the front desk staff were very helpful and pleasant at 1 in the morning!
Oh yeah...the beds & pillows were so comfy! I slept very soundly!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wow! thank you for your excellent comments about your entire hotel stay. We pride ourselves in great service and I am excited to share your comments with our entire team. We look forward to your stay with us in the future.

Jeff Arman

Been to Country Inn & Suites Milwaukee West? Share your experiences!