“Nice Big Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Brookfield
Clayton, Georgia
“Nice Big Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The rooms were nice and big making the vacation stay very comfortable. The evening meal and breakfast were great! The staff was very accommodating. The fireplaces were nice. It was not too far from Lake Michigan which was very nice to see.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We appreciate the time you took to write a review and comment about our property. Our standard studio guest rooms are 50% larger than a standard hotel room and we are glad that you enjoyed all the spaciousness it offered. We look forward to your next stay with us.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Plainfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is the week where the Polar Freeze came down and temperatures dropped to -50. I'm travelling on business & missing home. I try to stay at Marriott's to build my rewards points, so when I came across this hotel for $100'ish a night, I was happy. Marriott's are usually reliable & so I figured it would work well for the one night stay I had.

When I first saw the sign that said the office was 1/2 mile down a back road, I thought 'what did I get myself into? where is this place?' I pulled up to the office & wondered where the hotel rooms were. ...

The front desk was extremely helpful & nice. She told me about breakfast & a 'social dinner' they were having that night --- brats, burgers, etc. between 5:30 & 7:30 for FREE for any guests. (nice)

Then, I was given my room. I didn't know that these were suites with fireplace, full kitchen, bath, sitting area, kitchen table, etc. It's so nice to be in a place larger than a small hotel room.

In fact, I think i'm going to bring my family here.

Thus far, the whole experience has delighted me... even to the point where I am sitting in the room now placing a review & I almost never write reviews.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor... though there is a set of stairs, you get a nicer view than 'main level...
Green Features: They make it evident that they try to be environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We are so happy you found us "nestled" back surrounded by the Brookfield Hills Golf Course and have taken time out of your day to tell others about your experience. Having standard studio guest rooms 50% larger than a typical standard hotel room truly offers the ability to have a spacious area to work, relax and recharge. We look forward to having you back (and the rest of your family).
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at this residence inn on and off over a year. The surrounding golf courses provide a very nice setting to this hidden gem of a hotel. If you take monday-wed booking you may get very good rates. The breakfast is good, but having a kitchenette and a full sized fridge makes for a quick room breakfast. They would upgrade to a two bed two suite if you ask. The front desk staff is really nice and go out of way to help. Just 25 mins from downtown and near the mall and highway.

Room Tip: They have free wi-fi, you may have to get them to help you get setup
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for comments about our property. We are so grateful to be able to offer such a unique property surrounded by an 18-hole golf course which gives wonderful views all four seasons yet is so convenient for our guests. All the best in this new year!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel site is beautiful. The staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. The room was spacious and comfortable. I was there during a "wintery mix" week and had no experience with that, but the staff was quite informative and so all was good. They must have worked all night to ensure that every walkway and the driveways were salted! Great place!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write a review about our property. With the snowiest December in a decade, our Engineering Department and private contractors have worked very hard to keep everything safe, clear and clean and we are very much appreciate their dedication as well as your compliments about them. We hope you can stay with us again sometime soon!
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

So far, this is the worse Marriott I have ever stayed in. It made me take a break from staying at a Marriott in general. When I stayed here, the smoke alarm keeps going off and by no means am I a smoker, someone came to "fix" it, but it turns out they just put the old one in. So, when the maintenance person left, 10 minutes later, it went off again. I decided to remove the alarm myself in the middle of the night. When I checked out, a few days later, there was a $250 charge for tampering with smoke detector. I even called Marriott about it and they did not even seem to care.

So, please, do not stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
We again apologize for the inconvenience of the smoke detector going off in your guest room. As most can relate, smoke detectors do not go off at the most opportune of times. When they do go off without being triggered by smoke or such it is usually due to the back-up battery system going down. With hard-wired smoke detectors there is always a back-up battery system. When the back-up system has an issue, the smoke detector does go off - this is a safety and security feature of smoke detectors. Again, unfortunately, this can happen at three in the afternoon or three in the morning or anytime in between.

When you reported the smoke detector going off our staff responed, troubleshooted and restored the back-up system in the smoke detector - which is standard protocol and would be similar to replacing your home/apartment smoke detector batteries - you wouldn't throw away the detector, you replace the batteries, and make sure the detector was functioning.

You mentioned that the smoke detector later beeped again, though the dector showed no signs of any other issue and functioned properly once the back-up batteries were replaced, the beeping indicates the detector should be looked at again. Though rare, this can happen - to any type of detector whether commercial or residential. Again, this does not happen at set times but rather immediately to indicate another check. At that time a simple call to the front desk to notify them would have allowed our engineering staff to troubleshoot or simply replace with a new detector - something that inititally wasn't called for.

With our commercial smoke detector being hard-wired into the ceiling, a guest ripping down the smoke detector and not notifying the hotel of the additional problem damages hotel property but far more importantly becomes a life safety issue for you and all guests in the building and is something that, depending on local ordinances can be a crime. You were charged for the damage occured in the process of removing the smoke detector and the costs to repair and replace.

Again, through smoke detectors beeping going off can be a nuisance going off, they are designed to be just that - to alert of an issue or pending emergency.

Is is dishearting that you would describe our property as a "Ghetto" because of a smoke detector going off and write a review of such 11 months after the situation occured.
Apple Canyon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

It was nice to come back and stay at the Residence Inn in Brookfield, it had been to long. I saw new faces, but the same warm hospitality I have come to expect when I stay here. Overall, everyone is just great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We love seeing our guests come back again and again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and comment about our hotel and our associates - we will definitely share it with the team.
Centerville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

It's past time for Residence to replace the carpet and update the rooms at this site and there are signs no one here cares. There was dried pee on the toilet which could just be an isolated cleaning issue, but I also heard rodents running around in the walls and if you do stay here, make the steep walk to an upstairs unit, otherwise you're listening to every step of whoever did get the unit above you.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We appreciate comments left by all of our guests and the ability to respond. We continually are doing improvements to the property - many have transpired throughout the past several months, some are slated to start with in the next few weeks and other are in the planning process. As to your comments about hearing rodents running in the walls, we have a highly regarded third party pest control company which monitors our property and we have not encountered anything like you mention.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee - Brookfield? Share your experiences!