“Retreat Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Waukegan, Illinois
“Retreat Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

From the moment we checked in until we walked out the door after checkout, the staff was EXCEPTIONAL. James, the AGM took great care of us as far as our retreat weekend and setup, he was a true professional and should be applauded for his outstanding customer service along with his staff. Rosy & Jay at the front desk made sure we had everything we needed and provided a smile every time. Ken & Paulette in the bistro provided great service for all of our meals and the food was very tasty as well. The two housemen in the late night hours freshened our rooms, helped us with set up, etc. Maurice was awesome too, he definitely went above and beyond for our group and never once frowned. He offered additional information about the area and was always very friendly along with everyone The hotel itself is very swank and did not feel what some are used to as a Courtyard. The lobby is hip and welcoming, allows you the opportunity to not be cramped in your room but to come out and enjoy the ambiance. The beds were so comfortable. It was just a fantastic stay, perfect for a ladies quick getaway!!! If I had to rate on a scale of one to ten they definitely would be a 12! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Teena-
Thank you for hosting your retreat at our hotel, I'm glad to hear the event was a success. We are fortunate to have great leadership in James and Maurice and staff that goes above and beyond. I will pass on your appreciation and comments. We look forward to hosting your group in the future!
Shawn Jaremko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Travel on business a lot to WI. Good experience and nice accommodations. Like the quiet courtyard rooms.

Room Tip: Not a full service restaurant, just a Bistro to order food
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Jay-thank you for your comments, we look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks again for your business.
Mantua, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We rentenly held a corporate event at the Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield for 4 days (25+ people, Sunday - Wednesday). We had the majority of the attendees staying at the hotel and used their onsite meeting facilities as well as their on premises food options. I can say that the whole experience was a pleasure!

The meeting room was perfect. The staff was extremely accommodating when it came to our elaborate meeting set up (something that was a true negative at other facilities). The hotel was very flexible with our schedule and was able to work with our fluctuating break times. The in room snacks were satisfying.

Due to time constraints, we opted to eat lunch at the hotel cafe all 3 days. Although not usually open for lunch, Maurice and his crew were very happy to take good care of us. They varied the menu and style of food for each day. We had compliments from attendees that the food was awesome, "way better than they expected for hotel food". The only drawback is that breakfast is not free, something many of the people have come to expect from a hotel stay. This was offset by the fact that the hotel offered an inviting and comfortable bar option (CASH). The people who were there enjoyed not having to drive anywhere for a nightcap once classes were over.

The rooms themselves were both comfortable and clean. They have more than enough pillow firmness options! I had a very pleasant experience with housekeeping when I misplaced my key.

I would hold an event there again in a heartbeat and would not hesitate to recommend any aspect of this hotel to anyone. As a presenter responsible at an important corporate meeting, the Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield made the experience as stress-free and comfortable as possible!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
It was a pleasure hosting your group, thanks again for choosing the Brookfield Courtyard. Look forward to seeing you in the future!

Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was pretty disappointed with our recent trip to the Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield. Aesthetically the lobby is pleasing, but it stops there. We arrived around 9 and the staff struggled to greet us. I asked where the ATM was and if there was wifi in the room and was let down on both. No wifi in the room - ok, but no ATM? Every hotel I've ever stayed at has had an ATM! We walked to our room after shopping all day with no offer of assistance to us. We got to our room and while it looked ok on the surface, it was a let down. The shelf was dusty, there was a piece crepe paper hanging from the door to the courtyard as if there was a party that didn't quite get cleaned up before we arrived. The space between the bed and the wall also had paper on the ground - must have forgot to vacuum. The beds were just average and the bedding thin and not comfortable at all - a down or down alternative comforter would go a long way! Also the pillows - I do not think it's necessary for a double bed to have 6 mini pillows on it - why not just have 2-3 standard size pillows. Sleeping was very uncomfortable trying to balance those little pillows. I found that to be very strange. Also it's 2012 - HD tvs should be in all hotels. The next morning we found a check out slip under the door for another room. I kindly brought it to the front desk and the woman working did not speak when I gave it to her and was very confused even though I explained it was not for our room. I asked her if she wanted it and she just looked at me. It was very strange. I asked if we would a receipt printed and she just looked at the computer - I asked again and asked if we would get it when we checked out and she shook her head yes. Again - strange. When we did actually check out, the front desk attendant barely made eye contact, did not thank us for staying, and barely said 5 words to us. Needless to say this will be my last trip to the Courtyard in Brookfield. I frequent the Courtyard Marriot in Wausau for breakfast as it is close to my office. I am not even a guest there and they have the most outstanding customer service I've ever witnessed at a hotel. Always friendly and courteous. Perhaps Brookfield could take some advice from them.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, I apologize for our service failures at the front desk and in housekeeping. Our rooms were renovated in the Summer of 2009 and fortunately next month we will have WIFI throughout our hotel. I have reviewed your feedback with our Leadership Team, if you would like to discuss further offline please feel free to contact directly at the hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

I travel to Brookfield 2 to 3 times per month in a job I have had since mid 2011. The last few months I spent trying most if the top hotels in Brookfield. The Courtyard Marriott was recently renovated and is the only hotel I have stayed at in 2012. The Lobby is a great place to hang out or get work done! They have a "living room" complete with a wide screen TV, couches, and a comfortable lounge chair that feels almost like home! The Bistro serves a great breakfast and has a good menu if you want to grab a drink and something convenient for dinner. I recommend the "Healthy Start" breakfast (English muffin with egg whites, spinach and goat cheese with a side of fruit) and a Starbucks coffee. The staff is always pleasant and recognizes me when I check in now! The Courtyard Marriott Brookfield is my home away from home.

• Stayed April 2012
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and the Brookfield Courtyard!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Convenient, clean, welcoming reception and location all make the Courtyard Brookfield a good place to stay. Staff were very helpful, particularly Jay, who was able to accommodate requests for additional items in the room. Room staff were also quick to respond when requesting extra towels. The team had obviously worked on the decor as it's sporting the new look courtyard look.

One minor critique was that the pool was consistently chilly. Kids were shivering after 15mins in the water - requests to increase the temp were met with "it's on a set timer". Once that's resolved, I would consider this a flawless visit.

Room Tip: avoid 1st floor east side if poss; it's a main walkthrough and opposite gym/pool
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on the temperature of the pool, I apologize it was cold, we have adjusted the temperature to make the pool experience more enjoyable. I have passed on your comments to Jay, he is a major asset to our hotel. Look forward to seeing you in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We searched for a hotel with a pool to take the kids for a night. Courtyard met our expectations to the highest level! We were hoping for a clean facility but this place is amazing! Room was spotless and beds/pillows are very comfortable. I read the hotel was renovated in 2009 but it looked like it was more recent. Lobby offered ample seating and hang out areas, as well as a tv, computers and cool touch tv screen where we looked up directions and weather. We requested a late check out so kids could swim an extra hour and it was honored with out question. We didn't try the food at the bistro but it sounded delicious. The pool was extremely well maintained and good size hot tub. Even used the work out room which was clean too!
For $79 a night plus tax this is a great deal! We plan to return and will mention to our friends and family. I agree with other reviews that this hotel is best in Brookfield!!

Room Tip: We requested room near pool which was good since there are no public restrooms inside pool area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
I'm glad you had a great visit at our hotel. We did renovate our sleeping rooms in the summer of 2009 and our lobby the summer of 2010, our team takes great pride in keeping our hotel fresh and clean. Next time please stop by the Bistro and try my favorite our grilled chicken quesadilla or one of our fabulous flatbread pizzas. Hope to have you back at the Brookfield Courtyard soon!
Shawn Jaremko

Been to Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield? Share your experiences!