“Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
escanaba
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Fun atmosphere! Great food and sangria! Table side guac and sangrias! Some difficulty with getting our bills right...but we had a party of eight. Definitely a must!

Visited August 2013

Mequon, Wisconsin
“Typical Wisconsin Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Since moving here from TX, I continue to search for good Tex-Mex. I had the carne asada tacos and they were okay. Would have preferred to have guacamole versus a large sliver of avocado and the meat was nothing special. Just not a whole lot of flavor. I sat at the bar during lunch so I could eat quickly and I was in and out in 30 minutes. Service was great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best Mole around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

If you like Molé sauce, you've got to try this place. Very bold and well defined favors. The table side prepared guacamole was awesome too. Great service.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockford, Illinois
“Excellent lunch, great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I would not feel right if I did not eat at Jose's Blue Sombrero when I am in the area! They have a special lunch menu and the value is excellent. For around $10 I had the Carne Asada with beans and rice and it was all I could do to eat all that was on the plate. Very tasty lunch, good service in the bar, pleasant atmosphere for a Friday lunch.

Visited July 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went there yesterday with 8 friends. We usually eat at El Fuego, my favorite. Or La Fuente, or Botonias. This review is based on my personal taste as well as what my friends said at the table.

Guacamole- The Best! We all give it a 10.

Margaritas- We all give them a 6. We all said our flavor was good but had very little alcohol. No buzz for us!
Between us we had the Dreamsicle, Raspberry, Rainbow, Passion Fruit, Strawberry, and Mango.

Salsa- We all gave it a 4 No heat whatsoever. It was sweet with a fire roasted/bbq like flavor.

Entrée- Those that had chicken, whether it be chimichungas, tacos, or enchiladas hated it. Said the meat was way overcooked and flavorless. Tasted as if it had been in a Crockpot for 3 days. Those who had a steak type dish like their meal just fine. I had the surf and turf burrito. Which is a simmered type steak with shrimp in a chipotle type sauce. I give my meal an 8. I only tried it because of the reviews I read on yelp.

Sevice – We all give it a 2. The server was very inattentive and impersonal. It took forever to get are check and he even lost my friends credit card for about 15minutes. Then they charge an automatic undesrved18% gratuity. He was cute though.

• Visited June 2013