“Great place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Kaukauna, WI
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

We got an excellent rate of $40 per night, we stayed Fri-Mon. It was myself, my husband and our two little kids. Although we payed through Priceline, I called to ask the hotel if we could upgrade our room to a king suite and they said we could for $20 per night, since we only paid $40 to begin with, I decide to go with it. We had a large room with a pull out couch, we were a little dissapointed that the couch only pulled out to a single bed, but since our kids are only 4 and 2, they were able to fit. The beds were very comfy!!
The pool at this hotel is small, but again, with little kids it didn't matter, the big, expensive water parks are just too much, so this was just their size. And there was a small whirlpool also which was nice and hot!
We didn't try the restaurant at the hotel, we generally don't because there are too many great restaurants around Milwaukee, but the food always smelled great and didn't look outrageously overpriced!!
The location of the hotel was fantastic, very easy on and off the highway, plus there are tons of places to eat, shop, etc just around the corner on Bluemound.
The staff at this hotel was great. There were literally 100+ hockey players and parents staying at the same time as us and they were out of control, running down the hallways, screaming and just being crazy in general. We didn't complain, but someone must have (I'm sure lots of people did as they consumed our whole wing of the hotel) and the hotel security got on it right away. We would never hold something like that against a hotel, but it's great to see that they were ready to handle something like that and were concerned about all their guests, not just the groups.

• Liked — The fantastic location to Milwaukee
  • Disliked — heating , covered parking would have been cool, just a suggestion!! It's cold in Wisconsin!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Chicago suburb, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2007

We booked this hotel because it was billed as the "Customer Favorite!" and the price was really modest for a 3.5 star rating. The price was listed as $54 but Hotwire added $13 tax and fee.
The exterior and the public areas of the hotel looked new and clean. The indoor pool is very well maintained but small and shallow. It is best for little kids rather than for adult lap swim. The exercise room has great equipment and TV. A small area with three computers and printer was convenient but did not provide much privacy. The room was not big but very clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The new HDTV worked great.
The faucet stuck halfway and gave a lukewarm shower at best. The toilet bowl did not look dirty but seemed like it could take another scrubbing to shine.
The staff were friendly and helpful. When I was having problem getting online at the public computer, she allowed me to use one of their computer.

• Liked — value
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Green Bay WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2007

We had 4 rooms and children. This is the perfect Milwaukee hotel. We stayed on a weekend and the pool and rec area are the best, new, clean, big and well maintained. The staff could not have been nicer.

Stayed December 2007
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2007

I stayed here for a Friday night with 2 kids on the way to Milwaukee. I paid about $60 on hotwire. Our room was close to the pool at my request but also too close to the elevator bank. A holiday party for a construction company was being held in the main lobby area which caused the area to smell of tobacco smoke. At 10:30 pm, 2 am and 3 am we were wakened by loud drunk people shouting and laughing while waiting for the elevators. This would not be as much of a problem if you were further away.
The pool was deserted, nicely heated and clean. It was child friendly as at least 1/2 was shallow enough for my 6 year old to stay within his depth.
The staff were attentive and helpful. I asked a housekeeper (hispanic man) for ice as he walked past me in the hall. He smiled, turned around and had me follow him while he took my bucket and filled it in a staff area nearby. We ordered dessert from room service, molten choc cake and Haagen daz, it arrived promptly and was delicious.
Best yet-the room was newly refurbished. I could not tell that anyone else had stayed there. New mattresses, upscale furnishings, flat screen tv, granite counter top in the bathroom. I laughed when I saw the posted rates on the door were $599 a night, Only complaint was $10/day charge for internet, yet I have paid more elsewhere. Free parking. No charge for rollaway.
Would stay here again especially at hotwire rate.

• Liked — Clean new room, pool, cost
  • Disliked — noisy guest at bartime, smokers inside ballroom,
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stanley, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

We were at this Sheraton over Thanksgiving weekend. Since much of the staff was off on the holiday, they provided a continental breakfast & box lunch for the guests. There was renovation going on in the public access area. Carpeting was being replaced while we were there. There is a definite "Frank Lloyd Wright" feel to the re-do. His sketches line the room hallways and the room interiors have a neo-Prairie update. The hotel is located by a shopping mall so there is easy access to a variety of stores.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

The hotel is now completely renovated. All rooms have a flat screen TV and everything new. We were upgraded to a club room that included breakfast, just by asking. We came with the kids, so that was a treat. The pool was nice, maybe a little cold. Staff was very friendly and let me print from their computer without any fees. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee. Near the hotel is a mall and just about every resturant that is part of a chain. I was nervous after reading the reviews, that's why I wanted to write that everything was fine. I did not give it five stars because it is still a hotel in the suburbs.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

I just got home from 2 days in Milwaukke for a business trip. The corporate travel agent booked us at this hotel due to the proximity to the conference we attended. Overall, the hotel is NOT bad, just not what one usually expects from the Sheraton name. You can tell a lot of renovation has occurred. My room was spacious and comfortable, but nothing fancy. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were perfect! And everything was very clean which is always appreciated! The pool area is average at best. There is plenty of free parking. There is an on-site restaurant that served a buffet breakfast - good fruit selection, but would not have eaten there if it had not been free. The location of the hotel is good - right off I-94, there is a large mall within walking distance and many good eating places within a short drive. The staff is friendly and helpful. No big complaints, just average.

• Liked — Clean and safe
  • Disliked — Pool area
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!