“State Fair package” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brookfield Suites Hotel & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Brookfield Suites Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
Brookfield Suites Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 South Moorland Road, Brookfield, WI 53005 (Formerly Embassy Suites Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Brookfield
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
“State Fair package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My sister and I were going to go to the State Fair and upon searching for a hotel to stay at I found a State Fair package at Brookfield Suites Hotel. I have stayed there before and found it to be a nice place to stay so I booked a king suite. We were able to have an early check-in and I was even asked which floor I would like my room on. After getting settled in we took the complimentary shuttle to the State Fair. The package even included admission tickets to the fair! The shuttle driver was very friendly and a conscientious driver. After our stay at the fair we called and he was back to pick us up within 15 min. PERFECT! Saturday morning we enjoyed the hot tub before breakfast...how relaxing! Complimentary breakfast was great!!!! Made to order omelet was perfect! Everything anyone could want for breakfast! All staff were friendly and seemed to be very happy to help us with anything that we needed. They made our trip to the state fair STRESS FREE! Check out the packages that they offer! They are well worth the $$!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Woodrdige
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Spent the weekend here with family. They have everything you need for a great trip. We went to the Brewer's game and the State Fair and the location is perfect for either event. The manager's reception is a very nice treat and the breakfast had everything you could ask for! Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The room decor is a bit dated but the bed was comfortable and the rooms give you plenty of space.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reedsville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for the state fair. Room was very nice with an excellent mattress(slept like a log) your next upgrade should be a new bathtub and flat screen in the bedroom. However, there is a flat screen in the living room part of the suite. Manager's reception which amounts to an open bar (bar rail/beer/wine) plus snacks is a great hit with the guests!! Plus the made to order breakfast which included omlets were hard to beat. What value! The pool temp. Was warm where you could jump right in without shivering. The final perk was the chocolate chip cookies and milk at the front desk around 8pm. We'll definitely come back again. Keep up the good work!
Rick

Room Tip: We had a king size bed / suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed on a Wednesday to Thursday, disappointed from the get go!! Pictures online are deceiving, its the same old and dirty Embassy Suites it was 10 years ago. Stayed in room 218 and was up all night with loud music on and off. We had small children in the room and a flight at 7am. Manager and hotel staff were not helpful and did not correct the situation, especially the male night manager. Lots of flies at breakfast!!!! I hate complaining but this was awful. I noticed a really cute Comfort Inn and Suites next door where we will be staying on the return end of our trip :)

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We always start out Fridays night here and then down to the lake front allday saturday.The Manager's Reception was great friday night. Saturday night we got to spend a little while in the pool and hot tub with some not so happy people with the Hotel. Grrr. Had a grerat time food was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Cold Spring, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This looks like it was an E*** S*** hotel at one time. Usually after a takeover the quality declines but not here. Breakfast and manager reception were both more than expected. Only complaint is the typically slow hydraulic elevators. Employees were very friendly. Kids enjoyed the pool which was open all night during the week for adults.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Jose
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I shifted out of another neighboring hotel, thinking that I this would be a better place. I was mistaken.
The rooms had dirty glasses and a dirty bathtub. The promised "turn down service" never turned up. Obviously the room service is poor.

The hotel advertised "Free Manager's Reception beverage until 7:30 PM". I hunted around for the beverage, and couldn't find it. At 7:31 PM I approached the reception, where I was told that it had ended 1 minute ago, and they couldn't give it to me any more. *That's* the meaning of lousy customer service.

When I checked in, the reception had misplaced my credit card authorization form, and they refused to look for it. I had to call my office administrator, on a weekend, to send another one.

Right out of the box, my room key wouldn't work. Neither did my access to the "exercise area".
The wireless signal is nonexistent in the room I have to walk to the door to find a strong enough signal.

The overall feeling is one of neglect, contempt and lassitude.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Brookfield Suites Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!