“Nice hotel...but almost got kicked out” 3 of 5 stars
Review of North Star Mohican Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bowler
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
You added North Star Mohican Casino Resort to your Saves list
W12180 County Road A, Bowler, WI 54416   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bowler
Bayfield, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel...but almost got kicked out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights May 8-9, 2013 (2 rooms). Let me begin by saying that I have a number of complex neurological problems from a brain stem injury, parkinson's etc. I travel with my service dog who helps me and also alerts if I start having seizures. I made my reservations one month in advance and inquired if there were certain rooms and/or a deposit for the dog. The young lady didn't know the hotel policy but soon enough her supervisor was on the phone assuring me all was okay. I reconfirmed two days before arrival and things were still good to go. Upon check-in, there was no notation about my service animal and was told by two front desk employees that dogs were not allowed. No Way---Ah! I finally had the manager on duty come to my rescue and myself and my helper and my brother with his girlfriend checked-in. (Please realize we traveled close to 250 miles to come here). Jump ahead to the next morning and my helper took my dog outside for a walk and potty break while I took a shower. Well, they no more got back to the room (I was drying off) when I heard big knocks at the door. The hotel manager and security were there and while I didn't catch all of the conversation, from what I could hear he did sound somewhat condescending. "You will have to leave this hotel now", "we don't allow dogs here", "does he have papers", "can you prove he's a service animal?", "who did you speak to", "you didn't talk to me". Holy cow this guy was serious as a heart attack, appeared offended about my dog and quite frankly acted as though we were trying to pull the wool over his eyes. After providing copies of (Coco) my dog's papers we sure didn't get an apology or even have the staff be contrite because I really thought we were going to get kicked out. I just find it hard to believe that North Star doesn't have some kind of controls in place or training for their hotel employees in this kind of situation or that I have been the only one with a service animal on their premises. At check-out I was informed that my info is on file ([again] they seem to have lost my past info) and that I wouldn't have a problem in the future, unfortunately when we come back down our party has agreed to go the extra 15 miles to Menominee Casino Resort in Keshena.

Room Tip: Most rooms are 2Q or 1K/Suites are on all building corners. Rooms on north side overlook casino roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hortonville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very nice rooms, great restaurant. Bands every weekend. We went here to go for a snowmobiling overnight, plenty to do when you are there. We are not big gamblers, but with the couple bars and entertainment, we had plenty to choose from. Everyone was very friendly. I was even able to get a room with only one week in advance.

Mosinee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I love North Star's hotel. Very clean, friendly staff, and very comfortable beds. They have a nice parking ramp to park your car or a separate parking lot for the hotel guests. Food in the casino is great. The buffet as well as the little café with their 1lb shrimp Nummers. Love the staff in the casino as well, they are all very friendly people and always out to make you smile. SPA is great as well

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just returned from an overnite at North Star Mohican Casino Resort and had an awesome time. Rooms are great spacious and have an awesome TV hanging on the wall. Hotel is quiet and people at the front desk are great. Casino is very clean and slots are the same as everywhere but staff is very very nice. Great food, had fantastic breakfast with great price. Can't wait to return. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hayward, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

First I would like to say that I had called a month in advance for reservations on 2 rooms for 2 couples...It was a good thing that I had called the day before we were to arrive at the Casino to double check on the room prices,Turned out that the reservations were somehow missing from their computer, had to redo the reservations.The rooms were very nice. Didn't know there was a sign up for the buffet the first night, We had to eat at the bar.. 3 cold meals and 1 warm one at the grove bar, did get a partial comp on that. The second night ate at the buffet, What a fiascal with he sigh up.food was good.I found a lot of action on the slots.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Walworth, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel was first class but the slots were very, very tight. Would rather pay a little more for the room and have a better chance in the casino. No pool so disregard the rating. It is out in the north-woods of Wisconsin so a bit hard to find. Even confused the GPS!

Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Spent a over night at Norht star, beautiful rooms, large,clean no problem. Slots are very tight
food was fantastic, service was great, all the employees are very friendly, casino is super clean,
We had a good time just wish we coould have won a little bit, they are always adding new slot machines

Room Tip: Get a player card, you can use your points for food or help pay for the room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to North Star Mohican Casino Resort? Share your experiences!