“No issues here...” 5 of 5 stars

illinois
12 attraction reviews
“No issues here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

We rented 5 sleds from Boulder Marine in late January 2011. No issues with the rentals at all. The owner Todd Kerecman met us at the shop on time the day of the rental with the sleds ready. He gave us all the time we needed to inspect the sleds and write down any damages. He allowed us to take "before" pictures and made copies of the paperwork for us to have. He gave us a briefing and away we went. We rode for over 500 miles each with no issues. When we turned in the sled he looked them over and returned our damage deposit in full. He and his staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I will definitely return to them for business. He was the best rental place I have dealt with.

Visited February 2011

Rockford, Illinois
“Boulder Marine Center the BEST boat rental and sales”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I have dealt with Boulder Marine Center for several years and never had any problems with their boats or motors. They delivered the boat to the house I rented on time and picked it up saving me of having to deal with trailing it. I have never been charged for damage to any rental property.
Last year I made last minute plans to go on a vacation to the boulder area and I could not find a place to rent a pontoon boat. So I called several marine dealers and found Boulder Marine had the best price on a new pontoon boat. I purchased the boat and motor from Todd which saved our vacation.
Also, over 25 years I have rented many cabins in the boulder area and have found that Todd and Lori cabins are the cleanest around.
I have read the 3 other poor reviews of Boulder Marine and I have to speculate these people are the ones that have no idea of how to run a boat or snowmobile because if they did would own instead of rent. Also, Any rental place will charge you if you damage there property.

wausau
“Bad rental company”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

We rented snowmobiles from Boulder Marine. The sleds drank fuel and oil like they were 1000 cc high performance machines but had a max speed of 58 mph. When ask the guy why they were so slow he replied "You must have been spinning in the fluffy snow” Trust me we were on the groomed trail and everyone in the group was around 60 mph. One group member damaged a plastic piece on the sled and they charged him near a grand to fix. I will never do any kind of business with them again.

Chicago
“Do not rent from Boulder Marine Center in Boulder Junction Wisconsin”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I had a bad experience with Boulder Marine Center. Todd Kerecman at [--] is a thief and he needs to be stopped. His immoral practice is to charge a cheaper rate than other Marina's and then will charge you for damages that were already there. He will intentionally NOT give you a copy of the paperwork so you do not have a case against him.

When they come to drop off and pickup the rental he will send an innocent kid who does not really know what he is doing and will tell you that there was no damages on the rental or say that is nothing and just shrug it off like it is ok. But afterwards they bring it back in the shop that is where they say they inspect it and then charge you a large amount of money for damages. whether they were there or not.

He charged us $250 for a small scratch that would be considerd normal wear and tear that was already there and marked appropriately at the time of rental, but again we did not get a copy of the rental agreement. Then he charged $60 for a bad prop which already had little normal wear and tear dings on it that were there before.

This is not the only time this has happened. I just found another consumer who had the same problem and posted it on this site. It is just too bad I did not get theis BEFORE I decided to rent from Boulder Marine Center in Boulder Junction Wisconson because they are thieves.

A word of advice... Please get the paperwork up from whereever you rent from, but still do not rent from Boulder Marine Center in Boulder Junction Wisconsin because he knows how to circumvent the rules to screw unsuspecting people out of their money.

I just hope this will help the next unsuspecting consumer who is looking to spend quality time on the water in the beautiful Nortwoods of Wisconsin.

chicago
“Boulder Marine Center: DO NOT BUY OR RENT ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

Do not rent or purchase anything from this store! We rented a waverunner from this business 3 weeks ago. I gave them a $1000 security deposit check and an additional $825 for delivery (15 min. drive) and a 3 day rental of 1 waverunner. We were extremely careful with it, followed all the rules, and it ran perfectly. When the owner came to pick it up he said it was in "perfect condition". We filled it with gas. I gave him a separate credit card number to top it off if needed and he agreed to not cash the $1000 security check. Now 3 weeks later, I check my checking acct balance...SURPRISE!...they cashed the check! I received no phone call, email, or home mail warning me of this possibility. I signed all the paper work saying it was in perfect condition on pick up. When I called the store, the gal in rentals said there was apparently damage to the watercraft so they cashed the check. When I asked what was damaged she couldn't tell me! She said only the owner knows and he's not in. When I questioned her why no one contacted me, she responded with " the owner made several attempts to call you but you didn't answer your phone". I have the iphone which is extremely efficient at tracking phone calls. I received many messages that week, none from them! Not to mention they just cashed the check yesterday! We vacation 6 times a year 3 of which are in northern WI, and I have NEVER received such bad service. We could have went overseas for the money I spent on this waverunner! DO NOT RENT OR PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE! (my uncle was just about to purchase a PWC from this store...not anymore!)