“Not a good experience” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not a good experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at the Arrowhead Lodge for 2 days during the cranberry festival. While we were actually not there for the cranberry festival, this ended up being the only place to stay in the area because of the festival. I think most of their business is done during the festival, because I don't think the room we stayed in had been used in quite a while. When we walked in the room, there was a definite odor, which smelled to me like rancid grease. I guess when I walk in a room and it smells bad, the rest is downhill from there. I turned on the air conditioner, and it took the full 2 days for me not to immediately notice the odor upon coming into the room. The room was small and somewhat cramped for us. The carpet in the hallways and stairs was worn and dirty, and the whole place looked generally on the shabby side. On the first day, my husband went to take a shower, and found that the drain was completely plugged, so he pulled the plug out of the bathtub. Talk about gross!! The plug was completely covered with slimy hair. I almost threw up when I saw it. I went to the front desk and told them about it, and to their credit, they cleaned it up pretty quickly. However, when you have an experience like that, it's hard to put it out of your mind. If there had been another hotel we could have gone to, I would have, but unfortunately, everything was completely booked because of the festival. I really doubt that we will even consider going to that hotel again. My husband's company booked the room, and we will ensure that we never have to stay there again, and that my husband's company never puts anyone there as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Black River Falls, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent two weeknights at the Arrowhead Lodge. It was clean, comfortable and affordable. The room was smaller than some we've enjoyed but it was clean and the shower was great. The breakfast was above average. Food was hot and breakfast area was clean and well kept. IWeused the spa at the end of the day and it was wonderful. The exercise room was spacious and the machines were in good working order. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Waupun, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding, the day before we decided to make a weekend of the event and called to make arrangements to also stay the night before the wedding. The desk staff who answered was very courteous and helped me make the arrangements with no problem at all. (I'm glad I did call ahead as once we got there all the rooms were booked already. Make sure to reserve in advance this hotel does book quickly.) The overall feel of the hotel is very nice and clean, the only negative would be the size of our room. It reminded me of the size of room you would stay on while on a cruise, maybe a little larger than that. Although for the lower price you pay for the room it is worth it. There are other larger rooms as well if you call just ask for a larger room if you prefer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip in Tomah and Augusta. Well situated between both towns. Not a bad hotel, but it does seem dated and well used.

PROS: Okay, so I stayed in one of their "Suites" with one King Bed. Very spacious, front room and bedroom are separated by a door. The front room has a gas powered fireplace, sofa-bed, and a small table to sit at. It came furnished with a refrigerator and microwave as well. There is a flat screen TV on the wall, however the one in the bedroom was better

The bedroom was very roomy. King size bed was okay, I have stayed at Best Westerns that had more comfortable beds, but it wasn't uncomfortable either. I guess you could say it was fine. The hot tub was very nice, especially after a long day working. Nice and deep, took a while to fill, but worked just fine. The TV was a LG flat screen and like I mentioned earlier worked better than the one in the front room. There was a small table in their as well.

The grounds are nice, there is a small lake next to the hotel. Lots of small wildlife and trees around. An ambiance similar to a campground, I found it to be nice.

CONS: Well, the staff were okay. However, they did seem to be a bit stand offish, meaning they did not exhibit that warm welcome to our hotel feeling. The hotel is a bit spread out, so if your room is located some distance from the office, you will have to walk a bit.

The elevator, well, this one seems that it may have been added after the hotel was built. It is located in the lobby area, has a door, and is extremely small. To me, it looks like the type of elevator one might put in, if you have someone in a wheelchair that has to access the 2nd floor. After attempting to figure it out, I ended up using the stairs, as I found other guests did as well.

The entrance, well, it is not exactly the most accommodating entrance for a hotel. It has two separate doors you have to go through. Both are single wide, glass doors that you have to pull or push to open. The second door is at a slight angle; most people (including myself) that I seen using a baggage cart, had challenges getting in. If you are able to navigate opening the doors, there is a bit of a bump at each door, so watch out for items falling off your cart.

Summary: Overall, it is an interesting hotel that seems to be a bit dated. If they spent some money to update certain areas, it could be much better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

loved the back of the hotel around the lake adjacent to it. the front was a little outdated. room was great and very clean. coffee pot did not work but the breakfast was great. the noise outside was not a problem even though we were close to the highway. loved the layout of the room and bringing our dog was no problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We found the staff to be friendly. Our room was very clean & comfortable. The complimentary breakfast has waffles, eggs, sausage & bacon, as well aa coffee, juice, toast, etc. The restaurant on the premises is worth the trip on it's own! We'll definitely return!!

• Stayed September 2013
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

we were traveling between Ohio and Winnipeg and this area is right in the middle--our son-in-law found it on line for while were traveling and booked it for us. Aside from a slightly overall musty smell, we were very pleased with the service, the room, the price and the hot free breakfast in the morning. We didn't go to the bar/restaurant in the evening, it looked to pricey for what we wanted, but there's a little restaurant/wine shop/book store next door that fit the bill--it also sells cheese( yoiu have to buy cheese in Wisconsin!), and local wines and souveniers. There's a little lake in front of the hotel with a walkway to take a stroll. We enjoyed the hotel enough on the way to Winnipeg that we stopped there also on the way back to Ohio!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!