“Great place for the price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis
“Great place for the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I mostly stay at Choice Hotels and found this one to be about the best I've seen. Everything feels reasonably updated and clean. The breakfast is hot and good. They have a pool and hot tub as well. Quite simply, the place was surprisingly nice for the price (even without considering price, this is a nice place to stay).

NOTE: If you use GPS to find this place, make sure you type in "W10170" not "W 10170"!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the tip on finding us on the GPS! That is good to know!
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the nice comments! We hope you will come see us again real soon!
Best Regards,
Tamra Soto/AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been to this property before and have had issues but for some reason, I thought I would give them another chance. (WRONG thing to do)
I cover 9 states with the buisness Im in and stay at Comfort Inn and Suites all the time, Sometimes I use my Visa and sometimes I use Corporate Lodging (direct bill) This is the Only property in all 9 states that will not upgrade you as a Choice Elite member. You must have a room with 2 dbl beds and can NOT have a room with a King bed as a buisness traveler. I travel 7 to 14 days in a row and am used to King rooms for on the road comfort.
If I wanted a king rm it was going to be $99.00 plus tax in the small town of Black River Falls, WI.
I pay less in Major citys for better rooms! I will NO longer give them my buisness and will not recommend this hotel to anyone! I went down the road and got a very nice comfortable room at the Days Inn for $66.00 a night for a king and they so far have been VERY accomodating!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to see you go. Our contract with Corporate Lodging is set up through Choice Hotels and we are following the regulations they have set forth. I am sorry if other properties break the rules and leave false impression that all Choice Hotels will do the same. We value all of our guests and our Choice Privilege members are recognized and rewarded according to the program guidelines. Diamond Elite members paying a qualifying rate are upgraded upon availability.
We wish you the best in your travels!
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We've stayed at different Comfort Inn & Suites in the past, and many other hotels in the U.S and Europe. I guess I don't take the time to write reviews very often unless we are somewhat dissatisfied, but at any rate, we weren't very happy with this hotel.

The t.v. sat too low, so that when you were laying in bed, your feet, or if your covers were slightly bunched up, it would obstruct your view.

I went to breakfast when it opened, and things were in nice order, but when my son woke up and we took him to eat 1 1/2 hrs. later there was barely anything left. You'd have to scrape the pan on the sausage and gravy and the eggs to get something.

One of the sheets had a large dirt smear on it which made us feel it was unclean.

There were also some stains on the rug and chair upholstery in both rooms we were given.

We were one of the first people to check in, and were given a room where we couldn't get internet connection. It was very important for us to have internet; as our child is autistic and I usually spend a considerable amount of time using various online programs with him daily. We choose a hotel based on their having service and would not have stayed otherwise. When we called it to their attention, we were told a different story by each desk clerk. The first behaved as though she was very surprised, and said that nobody has had a problem in the past, and there aren't any other rooms complaining. She did nothing, and said that all the rooms were booked for the weekend and we could not be moved. The next desk clerk said that there was trouble down this hallway, and nobody was scheduled to fix the internet until Tues. (that would be a day after our 3 day stay). (which showed that the first clerk was making up a fabrication).
We were treated poorly. They showed total lack of concern.

It was only when (the next morning) my husband mentioned that we wouldn't be leaving a very favorable review of the hotel, that not even 5 minutes passed, and we were called and told that another room (that really did have internet) came available. They said that someone was a 'no show' from the previous night. We were downgraded from our poolside room (which I'd booked way, way in advance) to a handicap room because we had to have the internet. The manager behaved as though she was doing us a great service by changing the price of the one night in the poolside room to that of a regular room (a total of $15 or $20), and we were also credited for the difference due because of the downgrade. Of course none of this was done by their initiative; we had to question it.

On the up side, The beds were very comfortable and the room was modern. The lobby was nice and welcoming. We were here to go UTVing, and the trail is right off their parking lot.

Room Tip: If you need internet in your room; it may be an issue.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry you experienced problems with your recent stay. We did in fact have an issue with the internet and a technician had come out and reportedly fixed the issue a few weeks prior. However that repair did not last, as was discovered the evening of your arrival, and more repairs were needed. However a new technician could not come back until after the holiday weekend, which was not ideal to say the least. I realize internet is important to many of our guests and I sincerely apologize that you did not receive the service you were looking for.
I have spoken with the manager you had dealt with about this as well. I am very sorry you had to move rooms. I realize that is an inconvenience. I am glad to see you enjoyed the beds and were pleased with the easy access to the ATV/UTV trails.
Again I am so sorry this happened. Please be assured we have recified the internet problem and totally upgraded the entire system with more than triple the number of access points now available.
I thank you for your review. Your candid remarks will serve as a tool for us to improve our service to all our wonderful guests.
Sincerely Yours,
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We recently stayed on a Friday night with our children. We arrived late, and the first room we were given smelled of smoke even though the hotel is non-smoking. The front desk was accomodating, but advised they only had a pet room or handicap room available. We opted for the handicap room. My only complaint was the shower was musty and didn't seem very clean. It may not be used as frequently due to the chair mounted in the shower. The rest of the bathroom and room was clean. Pool area was great for the kids as there is a small zero depth area that my 2 year old enjoyed. Average continental breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. I apologize that the handicap bathroom shower didnt' seem clean. I have let our housekeeping staff know of your concern so that they may keep an extra close eye on that room.
We are so glad you enjoyed the special Kiddie Pool for small children. The bears & water slide are always a big hit with the little ones!
And breakfast with biscuits/gravy, sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, fresh hot flavored & regular waffles, breads, bagels, muffins, pastries, fruits, juices, 4 cereals, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, milks and coffee & tea does make for a great start to the day. We hope to see you again real soon!
Best Regards,
Martinsville, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We liked our stay at this Comfort Inn. The room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was our air conditioner didn't function properly. The fan switch didn't work and the thermostat calibration was waaay off. We had to turn it down to 60 degrees just to be able to sleep. (I am an HVAC tech.)
The main town is across the interstate heading south and you will find several fast food places well as a Walmart. There is a few ponds or small lakes right across the highway but you will need a Wisconsin license, which you can get at Walmart.
If you like finer dining the Orange Moose is across the street as well and we enjoyed the food there.

Room Tip: Your room key gets you 10 percent off at the Orange Moose
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Alan G,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Black River Falls! Thank you for letting us know about the PTAC unit! We will get that looked at right away! And so glad you enjoyed the Orange Moose as well! We hope you will be our guests again soon!

Have a wonderful day,

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a well cared for facility - especially for a small town. Breakfast was especially good for a free breakfast at this type of hotel.

I've stayed at better places, but I have also stayed at much worse places. I would say this is among the top hotels of the Comfort Inn chains (which sometimes are can be questionable). I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nebraskan00,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites of Black River Falls! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay! We are proud to be among the top of your list of Comfort Inns! We hope to see you again real soon!

Safe Travels,
Rockford, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 1 night during a recent motorcycle trip. Staff was very efficient and check in and check out were very quick. Clean, comfortable room - a/c not too obnoxiously noisy! Breakfast in morning was good - bacon was super crisp!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for being our guest on your recent road trip! We are pleased to know that your stay was a success! We hope to see you again soon! :-)
Ride Safe,
Tamra Soto/AGM

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls? Share your experiences!