“WOW! What a difference!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 70 Restaurants in Beloit
Cuisines: American
Warrenton, Missouri
“WOW! What a difference!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We used to go to Applebee's for work lunches back in 2009-2010 and it used to be awful. We dreaded having to meet people there for lunches. We at one time got filthy glasses and when replaced we got even dirtier glasses. We ended up going out to the car and brining in bottles of water to drink out of....Like I said awful!
However, we decided to try Applebee's again after taking a break for about two years. We love the new feel of it. The manager "Josh" is really front and center and touches all the tables. Each time we've been in he has been present and always asks us and each table how things are. IF there is an issue we now know he will be able to help us. The bathrooms are cleaner than they used to be as well. It just feels as though they care about their service now...So thanks for stepping it up Applebee's!

Visited March 2013

Michigan
“Great staff. We ate there 3 days in a row”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Location was excellent, they were open late, their managers were friendly and helped us with large tables. Food is Applebee's so we knew what we were getting.

Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Slow service - Maybe Just an Off Day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I hate to give a bad review - as I think the server or bartender was new - so I'll give this place an average (3 star) rating. My son and I ate there a few months ago - the food was ok. I remembered it from the past as being pretty delicious. But, this time it was just ok. The problem was when we wanted to leave - the server took an incredible amount of time to give me my change back (I paid with a $100 bill). He also overcharged me and was trying to correct it. I hate to be confrontational or rude to someone who is having a hard time - but waiting an hour for a fix was too long. I was exhausted - just wanted my change and to leave. I had to contact a manager to help me get my money back - still took an incredible amount of time to get it. I don't want to go back there again ..but who knows. Maybe it was a bad day or the guy was just new and slow. I wasn't too happy with the place - not worth the money.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great hangout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This Applebee's is a great place to meet friends or family after work or after a sporting event to fellowship and enjoy. The food is predictable and a little on the pricey side compared to other mid level restaurants but they offer many specials as well on their menu. The staff is always friendly and greets you by opening the doors for you as you arrive.

Visited August 2012
Machesney Park, Illinois
“Another disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've avoided any Applebee's for years because of two experiences with bad service, but on September 5, 2012, my husband and I happened to be in Beloit at the dinner hour. My husband had heard rave reviews of Applebee's signature sirloin steak and wanted to try it, so we stopped for a meal. The restaurant looked quite clean, and staff seemed to work at keeping it that way. Service was good, a bit above the average. My complaint is with the food. I ordered the "Lemon Shrimp Fettucine", described on the menu as "shrimp, tomatoes, onions, spinach, basil in a cream sauce with artichokes, lemon zest and parmesan". What I received was a number of overcooked, mushy shrimp atop a bowl of fettucine in what appeared to be alfredo sauce. There were no tomatoes, onions, spinach, basil, artichokes or parmesan. One piece of shrimp tasted lemony. There were also large broccoli florets in the fettucine. The signature sirloin was more or less as described, though my husband detected pieces of tomato in the sauce, which were not mentioned on the menu. Broccoli was also served with his steak. Perhaps the restaurant had an overabundance of broccoli they had to use up. Perhaps the cook had no idea how to make the dish. Maybe they thought I wouldn't notice. But I did notice, and there will be no more Applebee's for me. Husband rated the steak "okay - nothing special"

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!