“Great Homecoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ironworks Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ironworks Hotel to your Saves list
Ironworks Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Pleasant Street, Beloit, WI 53511 (Formerly Beloit Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Beloit
Honokowai, Maui
“Great Homecoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A big mahalo to the entire staff at the Beloit Inn for making my homecoming trip back to Beloit College a very comfortable one. I am a General Manager of a property in Maui and was very impressed with the entire staff from the General Manager, Nick, who made sure I got a room during the busy homecoming time to the fun front desk staff who got me checked-in quickly and answered all of my questions. The room itself was well appointed with a great jacuzzi type tub seperate from the shower. My biggest regret is I was so busy with all the homecoming festivities that I didn't get a chance to spend much time in the room.
Had a few drinks and pupus at the Steakhouse in the lobby that is also very nice. The Beloit Inn is the perfect location for anyone with business at the college as it's a short walk away from both there and the downtown area.
Mahalo to the whole staff at the Beloit Inn for a great stay.
Brian

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nick J, General Manager at Ironworks Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Mahalo Brian! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I will make sure that the front desk staff and restaurant staff see your comments. Please contact me directly for any future reservations!

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fremont, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

When we first walked into our room, it felt like home. We stayed at Beloit Inn over Labor Day weekend (Friday through Tuesday), and it has been the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The staff was friendly, the hotel was clean, the grounds were clean, the bed was comfortable. We heard there was a wedding reception on Sunday before the holiday and thought, oh no, it's going to be loud - NOT AT ALL! As a matter of fact, the hotel was filled to capacity and we were not disturbed at all. We visited the Merrill Houston restaurant and loved the atmosphere. We also ordered room service from MH - the food was fantastic. When we visit Beloit again, we will certainly choose Beloit Inn! Linda - Ohio

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nicholas J, General Manager at Ironworks Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Linda

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you are able to plan another trip to Beloit soon! Thank you again.

Nick Johnson
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

First time at the Beloit Inn. The Hotel Staff was excellent from check-in to check-out. First the pros - 4th floor, balcony, river view - was great! The bed was very comfortable right down to the pillows. Room cleanliness was okay, stains on the carpet and the couch made me cringe but I've seen worse. The air conditioning units struggled to keep the room cool, there was one night that the unit turned off - woke up in a sweat, but again I've been in worse. The balcony is a little small for the chairs & table that was placed there and probably wouldn't hurt to wipe away the spider webs that had accumulated there. The hotel is undergoing a renovation so I'm not going to knock them for that, I will say that the construction noise level while we were there was absolutely above par - we heard nothing. The only true negataive thing is the one and only elevator was very very slow. The restaurant next door the food was fabulous, service superb, and ambiance fantastic. Will I stay at the hotel again, you betcha! I will and will be doing so in the near future.

Room Tip: Had a corner suite which was very nice. Highly recommend the 4th floor - on the river side. Can...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We can not say enough good things about the Beloit Inn. The hotel was clean, our suite was wonderful, the entire staff was friendly and helpful. We hope to return next year and see the remodeling results. Also, the breakfast each morning was an added bonus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cape Town
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

It was my second stay and still enjoyed it.
The hotel,refurbishment did not really affect me, but the breakfast is still poor. Common guys, it's a great hotel in a nice town, I will be back for work but sort out your breakfast please!!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Santiago, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

At the beginning I was curios about this hotel because dont have a big name like the other properties around but dont let this fool you. I dont think that there is a better place to stay at Beloit
is in the heart of the city and the rooms are suites with living room and desk, the wireless worked fine in the room.

What makes the stay memorable is that they have a hot tube in suite and a regular shower so if you are traveling as a couple or want to relax after a long day it is a must then on the living room they have a fire place with wood and I enjoyed looking the flame.

A minibar was well stocked with plenty options for a late snack. The beds were very comfy and I enjoyed my stay a lot. Didnt try the restaurant but they have a menu posted on the elevator that looked interesting the prices looked reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nicholas J, General Manager at Ironworks Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I hope that you can make it back for another visit soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have stayed in the Beloit Inn a number of times when we visit family over the past few years. The highlights for us are the king suites which allow us to have separate sleeping areas. Our daughter is thrilled to have her own bedroom with a TV. There is a door between the two areas so that it is a true two room suite. We entertain family and friends in the main living area and make use of the kitchenette. Our daughter also loves the jacuzzi tub. We also like the free hot breakfast. It makes travelling with kids so much easier to be able to run down to the lobby to have your choice of eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, fruit, coffee etc. The restaurant has always been very good (it is now a steak house but was also great when it was Cafe Belwah). There is a free in house laundry which also is a big plus for us. Sometimes we are driving when we go through Beloit and being able to get our clothing washed up right in the hotel is so convenient. I usually use the small gym they have when I am doing a load of wash. The location is fantastic as you are on the River and right on the walking path. There are some great stores, restaurants and the weekend market within walking distance. The free wireless is a nice feature although this last visit it was a little spotty probably due to the construction. I don't believe that they warned us about the construction when were making reservations which would have been nice. It wasn't much of an inconvenience other than the elevator was very backed up. We used the stairs a number of times instead when we didn't have luggage and that worked out fine.

Room Tip: There are two types of suites. We usually upgrade to the larger suite if it is available. It gives y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nicholas J, General Manager at Ironworks Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Shannon, thank you for the sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I am very glad to hear that you choose The Beloit Inn when you are traveling to and through Beloit. After your next visit I would love to hear your impressions of the renovation. If I am not available in person I can be reached at njohnson@beloitinn.com or 608.362.5500. Thank you again for staying with us and for the nice review.

Been to Ironworks Hotel? Share your experiences!