“Warm and welcoming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ironworks Hotel

You added Ironworks Hotel to your Saves list
Ironworks Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Pleasant Street, Beloit, WI 53511 (Formerly Beloit Inn)   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Beloit
Dubuque, Iowa
“Warm and welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Beloit Inn twice in the last couple of years. Both stays were great. This is like a small boutique hotel with an intimate feel and very friendly service. They have an adorable bar called the Cafe' Belwah that has live music, fantastic food and charming decor. Both times I have stayed in the two room suite which has a gas fireplace separating the bedroom [nice swirl-tub] from the living room and kitchenette. It is comfortable and reasonably priced. Contact Becky Rogers, she KNOWS how to treat customers, she's the Bomb!

Room Tip: Right around the corner, within walking distance are several small eateries. The Hotel sits on the r...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
TheBeloitInn, Director of Sales at Ironworks Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We strive to give our guest the best experience while in the Beloit area. I have shared your amazing comments with the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I will never stay anywhere else when I am in Beloit! The suite we had was gorgeous. Very clean and tastefully decorated, with all of the modern amenities that travelers expect. Great restaurant in- house with excellent food and a full bar. This place far exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
TheBeloitInn, Director of Sales at Ironworks Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
We are so excited that you had an excellent stay. Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent visit. I have shared your wonderful comments with the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back next time!
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I booked The Beloit Inn thru priceline.com (this is fairly common to do), received a confirmation and upon check-in was told they had no vacancies and would not honor my reservation. The Front desk took it upon themselves to book me in a Best Western 12miles from the location without my permission claiming this was similar and the same cost (I understand this is probably policy and in the agreement, but still I was not happy with this).

I ended up finding about 5 hotels within 2 miles of the Beloit Inn (not 12miles, and there were vacancies). I understand this sort of thing happens, especially with a new technology of online reservations, but there should be a better level of service (i.e. offer a free night, work with me to find a hotel of my liking, or any gesture since this was not my mistake).

I cannot claim this is a full review because I was not able to stay here but I thought it would be beneficial for others traveling to book over the phone, or possibly not at all based upon the level of service I received.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
TheBeloitInn, Director of Sales at Ironworks Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and bring this concern to our attention. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had during your recent stay. Over booking is not a regular practice and I am truly sorry that we were unable to accommodate you during your visit. We hope that you still had an enjoyable stay in Beloit. Thank you again and please feel free to contact me directly on your next trip to the area.
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed in the Beloit Inn for 2 nights in October as part of a work trip and I must say it exceeded my expectations in every regard. The room was huge, with 2 LCD TV's, a spacious sitting room, coffee maker, whirlpool bath and spacious bedroom. It also has the most reasonably-priced minibar I have encountered!
The cafe/restaurant served great food, service was very good and breakfast was, well, American! (very tasty, but not exactly healthy!)

Room Tip: As far as I know, all rooms are suites!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review, which I have shared with the team. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay, even though the breakfast was a little to rich. We strive to keep our rooms updated and our service extraordinary. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Beloit.
Central Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

We came to Beloit for a part business/part pleasure trip! We chose the Beloit Inn based on other reviews. We were not disappointed! We had a wonderful room with a balcony and large jacuzzi tub! We enjoyed Happy hour every night with great specials on drinks and appetizers!! Be sure to try the Shrimp Ceviche' and Pineapple Infused vodka martini!! WE had a fabulous waiter outside on the patio under the umbrella! He went above and beyond and remembered us the next day!! I wish i could remember his name because he is a jewel! We also tried the Wedge Salad and Loved it! Breakfast comes w/your stay......buffet style. It included scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, yogurt, fruit etc! the Lady in charge of the breakfast buffet is also very helpful and pleasant! All in all, a wonderful time!
only a few small drawbacks.....we had to borrow a broom from housekeeping to brush the spiders off the balcony. i guess they come back daily. It didn't at all deter us from enjoying the balcony though. also had a small issue w/internet connection which was eventually resolved. Also our toiletries were not replenished each day.

Tuscola, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Highly recommend this hotel! We stayed for 3 nights - room were large(living room, bedroom et bath. Shower was large-water immediately warm with no need to run for several min. prior to hopping in. Room very clean. Staff were super from front desk, housekeeping to hostess in cafe for continental breakfast. Location was good et within walking distance to a great restaurant.

Room Tip: Think a river view room would be nice. Our suite was large not sure about other rooms.
Beloit, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights recently on a business trip and a wonderful experience. The room was huge! It was a suite with a living room including a stove, microwave, fridge and large plasma tv. This was connected to a bedroom with a large jaccuzi tub, shower, and bathroom. The rooms also shared a gas fireplace that was glass on both sides. The rooms had ample light and the bed was very comfortable.
The kitchen was fully stocked with a mini bar and snack assortment, all for a charge of course.

The hotel has an attached restaurant which serves a buffet style breakfast including french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and other bakery stuff. At night the restaurant is a happening place with live bands and a good assortment of local beers. There is also a balcony that overlooks the rock river.
On saturday the famous food market is only two blocks away.

Overall a pleasant stay and Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Ironworks Hotel? Share your experiences!