“Friendly staff, clean rooms, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Beloit
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Friendly staff, clean rooms, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed there overnight twice last week to break up our drive from IND to St. Paul - once on the way over & again coming back. Wasn't expecting much since this is a "Level 1" Marriot property but was pleasantly surprised. On each occasion, I found the staff to be courteous and helpful. The suites were big enough to comfortably fit 3 adults and 2 kids. The beds were clean & comfortable. Breakfast was more than adequate. Didn't get a chance to use the pool or gym. Good experience overall. We used Marriot points. Definitely a good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldBeloit, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am glad your family was able to enjoy one of our spacious suites. Thank you for your patronage to Marriott, we hope you will be our guest again in the future!
Laura Koenker

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Princeton, IL.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

It was a busy night for the hotel because of a nearby Jimmy Buffett concert but the staff was always friendly and very helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We didn't have breakfast there because of other plans but it looked good. We'll go back to this hotel if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed there for a single night to break up our drive from ORD to northern Wisconsin. Being a "Level 1" Marriott property, I didn't expect too much, but the hotel was clean, and the staff seemed friendly. Rooms were average size and breakfast was as you would expect, although they did have fresh fruit and yogurt, in addition to all of the carbs. Refrigerated breakfast sandwiched took forever to heat up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn from 1 August 2013 through 5 August 2013. The first few nights were great. The room is well decored for the level of hotel the Fairfield is in. The beds are extremely comfortable. The pillows... well their hotel pillows, which is nothing short of unspectacular.

The breakfast is good. There are hot options that include Waffles or microwavable Egg/Sausage breakfast sandwiches. There are muffins and cereals. I believe there are a few other minor options but I can't recall what.

I had to do a load of dirty clothes and the Fairfield Inn had a Guest Laundry area. The Guest Laundry area included 1 washer and 1 dryer. Which worked for me because I was first in the area. However, another lady was stuck waiting for me to do my load of laundry.

My major complaint is this: There was a baseball tournament in town. The Fairfield Inn had two of the teams. The teams consisted of young teens to late teens. One team decided they just couldn't stay in their rooms and behave. Instead they decided to run up and down the stairs, stopping on each level and running up and down the hallways, knocking on everyone's door and running. I had two dogs that were behaving just dandy up until these rambucious teens decided to be little brats. I couldn't keep my two dogs from barking because they decided to play their foolishness on my floor. When I went to complain two or three of them decided to shush everyone up while I walked through their group. I asked why they decided to shush up, becuase regardless I was going to complain to management. The brats thought I was cute or something in my PJ's and decided to whistle at me as I walked downstairs (they were occupying the elevator by going up and down each floor and pushing all the buttons) to the first floor with the remark of 'sexy pajama's.' I'm a guy who did his best to ignore them. The manager did promptly try to coral them. He admitted the problem was the adults, who were having a rambuncious time in the breakfast area. They were worried about them having a grand time rather than making their group behave. Management finally did get them to stop after I complained again, along with a few other people complaining. No appologies were offered, just that they were available if the noise didn't stop

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Maple Grove, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just completed a three week day at the Fairfield Inn in Beloit, WI. I went home each weekend, so I stayed in three different rooms during my trip:

Week 1 - Checked in, immediatley found a dirty wash cloth in a chair, french fries under the desk, and a beer bottle cap on the floor. I have no idea how a housekeeper could miss such glaring items. I requested a room change and the front desk provided me with a suite. I am a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, so if the suite was available when I checked in they should've given it to me per the terms of the rewards program anyway. My new room was pleasant, no complaints.

Week 2 - Regular room with one king bed, no complaints.

Week 3 - Received a suite at check-in...very nice room. There were potato chips on the floor between the end-table and bed, but no other issues to report.

During my first week at the Fairfield, I sent out some laundry for dry cleaning, but didn't notice that there was a $20 minimum...so the hotel billed me an extra $6 for the service. I noticed that my room during the second week had the same laundry form in it, but no language requiring a $20 minimum. My 3rd week was back to $20 minimum. Read the fine print on whatever room you're in before sending laundry out since the charges vary by which closet you're assigned apparently.

Breakfast is adequate, not much there, but good enough for free. Front desk staff seemed pleasant and helpful when I asked questions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff was friendly and welcoming as we checked in, and very helpful in pointing out good places to eat. The location is convenient to the freeway, Walmart, and several restaurants. My room was clean and comfortable, with a large spa tub in the bathroom. The breakfast was convenient and above average for a complimentary spread. Overall, a nice hotel with friendly staff and a good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Belleville, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a wedding to go to and I needed to find a hotel that allowed dogs. This hotel was the only one willing to allow me to check my dog in ahead of time at 1:30 so that I could make it to the wedding at 2pm.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel had a back yard where my dog could run around (unfenced), and the rooms were great! We had a king bed that felt like sleeping on a cloud. We had a sleeper sofa for our other guests who joined us. There was a pool and hot tub that were well maintained. The lobby was stylish. The hotel staff was knowledgeable when we called them regarding our shuttle we were waiting on.

Overall, we had a very easy, comfortable stay! And the fact that I didn't have to worry about my dog made a huge difference for me! I also love hotels that are updated with cool decor, which is what we found here.

Room Tip: The first floor has some rooms that face a brick wall, so not the greatest view, for example, room 1...