“Very Helpful Staff, Stylish Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Beloit
Belleville, Wisconsin, United States
“Very Helpful Staff, Stylish Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a wedding to go to and I needed to find a hotel that allowed dogs. This hotel was the only one willing to allow me to check my dog in ahead of time at 1:30 so that I could make it to the wedding at 2pm.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel had a back yard where my dog could run around (unfenced), and the rooms were great! We had a king bed that felt like sleeping on a cloud. We had a sleeper sofa for our other guests who joined us. There was a pool and hot tub that were well maintained. The lobby was stylish. The hotel staff was knowledgeable when we called them regarding our shuttle we were waiting on.

Overall, we had a very easy, comfortable stay! And the fact that I didn't have to worry about my dog made a huge difference for me! I also love hotels that are updated with cool decor, which is what we found here.

Room Tip: The first floor has some rooms that face a brick wall, so not the greatest view, for example, room 1...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Naperville IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed there this past 4th of July weekend (Friday 7/5 & 7/6) to attend a Dave Matthews concert at the Alpine Music Theater. Was disappointed and would not stay there again. When we arrived to our room we checked the room out to make sure it was clean, the first problem we found was the shower head was dirty and had build up of pink scum on it. Called the front desk to have housekeeping clean shower head, the girl at the front desk said that she was not sure where the housekeeper was at the moment and could not call someone at that very moment because she was to busy with checking in a group of people.

Later after returning from the concert went to shower and the tub was backing up I had to keep turning the water off and on to let the water drain out and try to complete my shower. Maintanence came and fixed the tub issue the drain was clogged with a bunch of hair. The beds were very uncomfortable, and the free breakfast was poor. So the only Pro to this stay was that the two hispanic cleaning ladies did an excellent job, the other employees were nice, but the girl at front desk could of handled the whole shower head situation better. Won't be returning to Fairfield.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Working two long days, so decided to overnight to make it easy. Fairfield was convenient, very clean, had a great complimentary breakfast & free Wi-Fi. The desk attendant, Anna, was very friendly & helpful. I asked her which discount card work give me the best rate, & found that AAA worked best! I was upgraded to a beautiful suite being a rewards member. Paul Mitchell shampoo & conditioner was complimentary!! The only thing I would like to see changed is to have "real" coffee mugs in the room instead of Styrofoam cups...

Room Tip: Room 301 is a suite on the far side of the building. It was nice & quiet!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marco Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Pros: nice room, comfortable bed, but with so-so pillows.
High speed Internet speed better than some places I've stayed.
Food and shopping is right there.
Friendly staff.

Cons: after a long day of driving wanted a nice long shower, but was disappointed...
the water pressure was so-so, therefore when I washed my hair, it was hard to rinse…it reminded me of a Seinfeld episode.
Also, could not take a bath as the drain would not close.
Had a room which was facing the direction of the interstate…once the AC shut off during the night…could hear the noisy traffic.

Room Tip: Choose room on side away from the Interstate.
Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Do not Stay!!! Watch Out! Beloit is my hometown and the Fairfield use to be my fav, but after my last stay there appears to be a scam going on. I was charged $250 for smoking, never smoked a day in my life. They indicated they have picture for evidence and I can't even imagine what that would be which lead me to think this is a setup/scam. Yes, maybe I watch too much CSI, but knowing I don't smoke, carry matches or a lighter, what could possibly be in the pictures. I did ask to see the picture and the manager wasn't sure that was allowed. Hmmmm? I could not get them to remove the charge, so I disputed with my credit card company and reported the incident to the platinum elite desk at Marriott. Having been so loyal to Marriott for years, I am shocked with the treatment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our team was playing at University of Wisconsin Whitewater in the NCAA DIII Sweet 16. We found out about our team being in it the weekend prior, and I was on the phone with the Fairfield on Monday morning to make arrangements for rooms for 85 people who would be traveling on our fan buses from Michigan to attend the games. Andrea the manager was exceptional to work with and made the process of reserving space and giving us a great rate, flawless. When we arrived we gave here shirts for her staff and a bag of goodies with buttons, balloons etc. I had arrived the night prior to make sure everything was ready to go when our buses arrived. We had talked several times throughout the week to make sure all the rooming lists were right and when I saw Andrea on Friday it was like we were family and so excited to meet face to face.

We left to get lunch, and when we came back the staff was in their shirts and Andrea had gone out to get helium for the balloons and decorated the lobby with our teams colors. Each staff member including cleaning and others all had buttons on that we had given them. They had all the keys organized and allowed me to hand them out to our fans as the entered the hotel. They made arrangements with their cleaning staff to allow us to stay a little later on Saturday, and went out of their way to make our trip seamless.

I coordinate many trips for teams, and fans and friends, and this stay was by far one of the best. The hotel is newly renovated, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We were able to use the meeting room as overflow for folks when they were hanging out and eating breakfast.

If you are traveling for any occasion, this is a great value and a great place to stay, and the staff is accommodating and friendly. The hotel has a movie theater directly behind it, and there is a great restaurant called the Road Dawg down the street with great food. There are the usual fast food places as well as Applebee's and Starbucks nearby as well. It is right off the highway and easily accessible.

The only downside for us is this was one of the closest hotels to UW-Whitewater as the school is located 30 miles from almost anywhere you stay, so it was about 50 miles round trip, but staying at the Fairfield which was nice, clean and well run, meant we were at least coming back to a great place to sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldBeloit, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Anne,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We loved having the Hope College fans stay with us and enjoyed all of the college souvenirs you gave to our staff! Best of luck to your team in the future, we hope you will be our guests again!
Laura Koenker
West Bend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice place, good price, likely the best free breakfast in the state have stayed at a few other Beloit motels and some are really poor - the Fairmont is excellent - also cookies and coffee 24 hours

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldBeloit, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and am happy to announce we will be adding more hot items this spring. We appreciate your patronage to the Beloit Fairfield Inn & Suites and hope to see you again in the future!
Laura Koenker

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit? Share your experiences!