“Try it again for the 1st time!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 69 Restaurants in Beloit
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Rockton, Illinois
“Try it again for the 1st time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I hadn't been to the Butterfly since I was a kid. We went for my husbands grandmothers 91st birthday and I was a little nervous. But, it turned out to be great. Everyone enjoyed their food and the environment. You can't beat a good super club over the chains.

Visited November 2012

Rockford, Illinois
“Fish fry not near what it used to be.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We used to go to the Butterfly all the time. The change in ownership was not beneficial at all. They used to have all you can eat cod, and the fish was remarkable. The place was packed. They changed the fish, and eliminated the ayce part of it and it just isnt the same place. Not worth the 40 minute drive from my house.

Visited February 2012
N. Virginia
“So this is a "supper club". I like it! (Is their scale broken?)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a large group meal at this restaurant in Beloit, WI. I'd read a review that described it as a classic WI 'supper club' but wasn't sure what that was. If the Butterfly Club is the example,then I'm a fan.
When we arrived they were finishing setting up the table, so we stopped at the bar. It was very large with lots of seating and led out onto a large deck with more tables. Service at the bar was pretty quick but they started to get slammed with people when we arrived so that slowed things just a little.
The dining room where we sat (there are several wings of it) was large, appropriately lit (not too dim or bright) and not too noisy for the size. Service in the dining room was really great. I'd give them a shout out but I'm bad at names and can't remember. Sorry.
Now to dinner and my review title. They must have broken scales to measure their steaks and other cuts. I ordered an 8oz steak and it must have been at least 12 oz. At that was 12 oz of good beef, not fat or gristle. Since the prices are reasonable and the sides good, I'm not sure how the Butterfly can err in my favor this way, but THANK YOU! I think you should try this place out.
(Note: I was told they have a good fish fry too. Maybe next time.)

Visited October 2012
Poplar Grove, IL
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The concept of vintage Wisconsin supper clubs is alive and well at The Butterfly. The food is really good and the portions are generous. Friday night fish is excellent, so is their duck or steak with blue cheese. The bar area is 50's loungish but fun with live music most weekends.

Visited September 2012
Poplar Grove, IL
“Traditional Wisconsin Supper Club with Entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

It is large, comfortable, fine food, especially the steaks and good service. It is a favorite location for parties and reservations are highly advised. The entertainment on weekends is usually well known in the area mostly oriented to the older crowd.

Visited August 2012