“Take the guided tour” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 14 Attractions in Beloit
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's largest angel museum, featuring thousands of angels from the Berg Angel Collection and the Black Angel Collection, donated by Oprah Winfrey.
Jabbeke, Belgium
136 attraction reviews
“Take the guided tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited this museum on May 30th. It has free parking, they give discount for active military and AAA-members and there is an elevator so you can go to the shop with a wheelchair. In an old church, built by Italian immigrants, Joyce Berg's collection is exhibited. After the death of the pastor, the church got in disuse. Joyce found it the ideal place to let enjoy the public of her angels collection, which already includes more than 10,000 angels. We were given a guided tour by Sallie. She showed and explained the most remarkable specimens: like the angel that started it all, the angels with a devil, the 10,000th angel, ... We liked the tour. Without the explanation it would be only showcases with a lot of angels.

Visited May 2013

Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
10 attraction reviews
“over a million angels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

i took my girls here ..and my bff.. i have never seeen so many angels,any avid angel collector will love this place!!!! they even have an opera winfrey angel!!!

Madison, Wisconsin
144 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Angel Museum of Beloit is nearby Beloit College and shouldn't be missed on a tour of the city. Many of the angels were donated to the museum and it's quite an interesting place to visit. Oprah Winfrey donated a large number of angels to the museum as well!

Visited August 2012
Amboy, Illinois
“Worth the trip! We totally loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My daughter & I brought my mother to the Angel Museum as a surprise for her birthday. She loves angels and collects them also. I like angels but not like my mother & I even really enjoyed it. We live about an hour and a half away but it was definately worth the trip. The guide we had made the visit absolutely enjoyable. Thank you Sallie for the time you spent with us. We are already discussing when we can make a return visit. We also enjoyed the gift shop. Thank you Angel Museum for letting me give my mom a special birthday and one she will never forget.

Visited June 2012
Beloit, WI
24 attraction reviews
“Angels galore! A gem right on the Rock River!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Amazing collections of angels large and tiny, including Oprah's donation of her colored angels. Let the friendly volunteers tell you the many stories that go with each and every one of them!