“Nice place to stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Beloit
West Richland, Washington
“Nice place to stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

One of the smaller expresses we have stayed in. The room was ready when we arrived. It was clean and what was expected for a single queen. The managers reception included a delicious soup and cheeses with cold cuts. We ate enough that we didn't need to find a restaurant to have dinner. Between the reception and breakfast, there was real value for our stay.

• Stayed August 2012

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lynnwood, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is the best Holiday Inn Express I've been too. Free drinks at happy hour, excellent service, standard Holiday Inn Express complimentary breakfast, comfy beds, good AC in the rooms, microwave & fridge.

I rate this hotel comparing it to others in the same price/quality range, and speaking as someone who travels frequently.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
beaverton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We usually always have a good experience at Holiday Inn Express. They had a nice appetizer and drink reception. The rooms were clean and the service was good. Beloit is a nice little town. I would have enjoyed more time to visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Surprisingly good, had a better sleep than all the other more expensive hotels in my trip with a simple room with good drapes and resonably quiet a/c. Staff was great, the girl that greeted us was very sweet and even gave us some bottles of water outside the free cocktail hours. There is a walmart across the street, lots of fast food restaurants and the place is calm at night.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Upon check in with my teenage son was told, despite the availability, that we could not have two beds. The holiday inn considers two beds an upgrade! They were willing to charge me more for two beds. She was so condescending and said I must not be familiar with how holiday inns work, despite my showing her my points number and telling her I use holiday inns for business travel several times a year. The room was small, dated, but comfortable,with a nice breakfast and fitness room. If my son attends college here for four years I will have the satisfaction of staying elsewhere when I visit. If you don't want Priceline customers, then don't use the service, holiday inn! Why lose guest business over such a small thing?

The location is in a row of hotels, with plenty of choices in the same class.

• Stayed August 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Really friendly staff - surprisingly dated bedrooms given it is a relatively new hotel - poor breakfast despite what I had read in previous reviews - nothing healthy just nor especially fresh.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Port Washington, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The rooms are really small. For half the price you could stay at any one of the nearby motel chains and get basically the same room and service. If you need breakfast, there's plenty of cheap options in the area, even if you pay $5 you're still way ahead. And I didn't make the cocktail hour, but standing at the registration desk with a drink isn't my idea of a good time. Their WiFi was a problem in that I couldn't check my emails because it kept changing it's IP address. The room had a double bed and it was still cramped. Getting to the bathroom at night meant stumbling into walls and the sharp corners of a shelf, placed in front of the bathroom. I've actually been in hotel bathrooms that were bigger than my room here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Beloit, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear BuzzWilliams,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay. I'm deeply sorry you were not satisfied with your room accommodations and the cost of our breakfast options. I would also like to apologize for the WiFi connection and any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. I have noted your comments and rest assured this will addressed accordingly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you would give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Beloit? Share your experiences!