“Unprofessional staff and manager and somewhat dirty” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Belmont Inn & Suites

You added Belmont Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Belmont Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   103 W Mound View Ave, Belmont, WI 53510 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Belmont)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Belmont
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
“Unprofessional staff and manager and somewhat dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Manager is rude and unprofessional, as well as some of the staff. The front desk person should not have to clean the rooms too. If front desk person is not around when needed, you are to pick up a phone and call for him/her. Even then, you still wait for service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Highland, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Wedding went okay. Reception at Baymont in was crappy as usual.
We are all glad it's over.
The meal was very very plain.
Scoop of tators, corn, some ham and chicken. Had salad with just a dressing and no extras.
As people went through, they started to take the food away immediately. Oh and the ham they had was old tasting, no good taste to it at all.
Cake, they didn't serve it and people where going up to get it and they were not cutting it fast enough to keep up. Then they had plastic forks that they ran out of at the cake table.
I thought I would use my dinner forks from my meal and the crappy people came by and took them before I got back even though they were told we just went up to get cake and we needed them. When I seen one of the clean up gals I made her go back to the kitchen to find more plastic forks.
Then they took our glasses of water and pitcher too right in front of us, not even asking if they could and I interrupted her. She just looked dumb and kept takeing stuff away. Dump someones water into the good pitcher of water and took it away. Very disappointing. Baymont really sucks.
The service is aweful. Oh, then the two girl bartenders could not mix a drink if their life depended on it. Just frustrating as all get out. Literally everyone I talked to said the mixed drink by the girls were not even close to what they should be. I even made them take my daughter's drink and redo it,. It was still bad.
I heard the lady that runs the place is a b___tch and that she is being sued. I'm not surprised. I hope they yank her out of there.
In the past we have had two board meetings there and the service was bad, the lady was nasty to us and we told her that was the last we would be back.
People shouldn't book anything there and make her go out of business. She don't deserver to be in it. She ruins everyone's time.

Room Tip: The hotel surrounding is nice but the over all service sucks. Especially the lady operator of it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Belmont hotels

Merrill, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I was thrilled when my husband and I had found this location for our wedding reception. Unfortunately, all of the great moments we were having ended when it came to the actual recpetion.

We were told that we couldn't set up until the morning of the reception due to another reception being the night before. This would have been just fine if all of the table cloths and linens had been changed. Instead of taking the time to fully clean everything, they moved table cloths from un-used tables to the head table and the used cloths to other tables to make it appear as if it had been cleaned. When we asked why this was, the manager (Judy) told us that she wasn't there for the night crew.

We had decided on a pasta bar for our reception. We were told by the cook that it came with a vegetable. The night of the reception, there was no vegetable to be found. When we asked about this, Judy told us that we misheard the cook, because they would never do a vegetable with a pasta course. I normally would agree, but when 5 people hear the same thing, it isn't a mistake.

My unlce went to get a cup of coffee. When he poured creamer into his coffee, it was soured. We again informed Judy about this, where she said that it must have been only him because she received no other complaint. We informed her that she coulnd't have recieved other complaints, since she was no where to be found the whole evening. She told us she was there, however, I looked through out the whole night and couldn't find her. Wouldn't you think the manager woluld take time to say hi to her bride and groom if she was there?

We asked for Cake plates and didn't recieve any. Granted, most of our cake was cupcakes, the main cake was for the family and bridal party. This could not be consumed because of the lack of plates we were suppose to get.

This hotel is suppose to be completely smoke free. Another Uncle and Aunt with three kids, checked into their room late that night to find it smelling of smoke. They called front desk and the only thing that was told to them, was that they could come and get air freshener. The next morning we told Judy about this and she accused my family of trying to get out of their bill. Little did she know, it had already been paid before this. In no way is it acceptible to call someone a liar, when you were not there for the facts.

We also did not appreciate the fact that the cook felt it necessary to yell at my dad infront of everyone because we were 10 minutes late to the recpetion. It is called being professional. Learn how to talk to a customer in a professional way, that is your job.

When our parents went to pay the bill, they were informing Judy about all of this on the phone. She was know where near the hotel when a major transaction was to go through. By the time my Mother-in-law got to talk to herr, Judy got irriated becaus eof our questions and hung up on her. A manager in no way under any circumstance should hang up on a customer because of rightful questions being enquired. I might add that when you are giving someone a bill, make sure you use a fresh envelope and not one that your scratched your own name out and wrote on.

The parents paid the bill the following morning to makre sure they had no more questions. Instead of the manager calling or going by the hotel to see if the bill had been paid, she called us while we were on our honeymoon.

I do not reccomend this site. As much as the convention center is big and beautifully decorated, from a professional stand point, it wasn't worth the hassel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

My family and I have stayed at this hotel the past few years for various family functions. Though the hotel does not have any grand amenities it has the basics and just fine for the price. The staff work very hard. The owner should hire more staff to work shifts. One staff person should never have to man the front desk, clean the rooms, and do laundry and answer the phones. If a person is not at the front desk, yes you do need to pick up the phone with the note next to it and it will ring until the staff person can get to the phone or back to the front desk from whereever they are in the hotel. They are very friendly and helpful for as overworked as they are. Thank you for our fun stays.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2006

New Motel (2005) just off the Highway In Belmont, WI. Bar attached, restaurant/gas station across the parking lot. Pool area was off the lobby and it appeared fairly small with an apparent maximum 5' depth. Room was clean but otherwise unexceptional.

The only thing memorable was the staff, they were nice folks but...

Upon arriving at the front desk at 8pm we found it unoccupied. After waiting approximately two minutes for someone to appear a guest walked out of the pool area and told us to pick up the phone to summon staff. This we did and waited an additional three to five minutes for someone to appear from their position in the bar, where we could see them on a panel of monitors behind the desk. Once staff appeared check-in went fine.

Next morning upon departure the staff member at the desk (different person) ran the credit card holding the room without first asking if that is how we wished to pay (It was not). We had asked the night before to make certain the card was only to hold the room, as we wanted to pay cash at checkout.

However the charge was removed two days later so it all ended well.

Belmont location is convenient to Mineral Point and Platteville (less than 10 miles to each) and not far from Galena, IL and Dubuque, IA.

The building would rate a 3 star but the staff about 2.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Belmont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!