“Theft and denial” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Campus Inn Motor Lodge

Save Saved
You added Campus Inn Motor Lodge to your Saves list
Campus Inn Motor Lodge
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   815 Park Avenue, Beaver Dam, WI 53916 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Beaver Dam
Marathon WI
“Theft and denial”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I were in town for our son's wedding. It was a large wedding and this was the only hotel that could accommodate the families that weekend. We had cash stolen from our room. We brought check payment along and $800 cash in case our share of expenses ran over. We left the money in the microwave and remembered we did when we got home. Called the desk and the NEW desk clerk said the rooms wouldn't be cleaned until the next day, because no one was scheduled to come in. At least she ( the newbie) was honest. She sent the manager and housekeeper up to check. No one called us back and the manager - Raj, wouldn't take our call. We reported the theft to Beaver Dam police department and to Best Western. Police said they looked very uncomfortable. No help. Hope the manager at least gave the housekeeper more so she could pay for this winters heat.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
, Manager at Campus Inn Motor Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
well first of all we never got any calls about checking the room again and never had police come here at that period of time,this could be checked at police records.

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

BAD & UGLY: We reserved a NON-smoking suite for 4 nights to see friends & family. The first room was the most awful I have ever seen. Room reeked of smoke. Bed and bedding were awful. Sofa was full of disgusting stains. Bathroom and vanity were tiny and old. Yes, we should have walked out and demanded a different room. At the time I wondered if all the rooms were this bad. My husband didn't sleep all night with abdominal pains that were severe by morning. Went to ER and he was admitted into hospital.
GOOD: When I returned to hotel I asked for another room, and explained I didn't know how long I would need it, and when husband was discharged he wouldn't be able to walk up steps. I was switched to a beautiful room that had elevator access. Head of housekeeping took me up to make sure I was happy with the room. Bed and bedding were very nice and the furniture was clean and had no stains. The decor was newer and the bathroom was quite nice. Management let me stay on a day to day basis. I was grateful for that.
As you can see by reviews there are some good rooms and some awful. Demand a good room or leave. The 1st room we had should be used as a store room or closed indefinitely. It's unconscionable to assign that room to anyone.
ALSO NOTE: this hotel has an elevator for the 3rd and 4th floor, but rooms on the 2nd floor are accessible only by stairs. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR ANYONE WITH HEALTH ISSUES.

Room Tip: Note, many or all rooms on 2nd floor are only accessible by stairs. Elevator is for 3rd and 4th flo...
Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Independence, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed here recently on a trip to visit family. We stayed in the one and only handicap accessible room. (The only difference was there was a grab bar by the toilet - but nothing by the tub or anywhere else to make it easier for my elderly mother to get around) The room was the farthest room from the front desk, the continental breakfast, the pool, and the lounge area. It would be a great idea to move the grab bar to a room closer to the amenities. This hotel is very outdated and had a musty smell that I just couldn't get past. The curtain pull in our room was broken and left hanging on the floor, the beds were really hard. It did look like they had moved some new furnishings in but everything else really needs to be cleaned and updated. The carpet in the hallways was stained and there was a layer of dust on the floor trim above the carpet. Paint chips were everywhere. I understand that times are tough but if you're going to take our money, I'd like better value. The pool area looked wonderful - the pool was nice sized and there was a hot tub - but the water in the pool was so cold, you couldn't stay in it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

it was a very quick checkinn and were given all the direction we wanted,2-3 good restaurants along the property and a nice lounge near lobby.kids had a gr8 time in pool which was surprisingly preety big n clean.the rooms looked old but they were done pretty nicely and had a good sleep.in morning a good breakfast was an added attraction.would defenitly recomend to others.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Friendly people very helpful. In need of a ton of repairs. 4 vending machines didn't work, front doors broken, side door broken, the shower head sprayed water everywhere. The room was set up poorly.
The staff was very nice though.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
dallas, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

they have a nice pool area with big pool. restaurants in walking distance. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Macomb IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

I have stayed at this Best Western Motel many times since 1998.
Staff is friendly and helpful on the telephone and at the desk.
If I am not satisfied with the room, they try to fix my complain right away or move me to another room.
I will stay here again.

Been to Campus Inn Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!