“Went on GAME DAY” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Madison, Wisconsin
“Went on GAME DAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

NIce , Clean place, good food and great service. Nice place to catch a Badger or Packer game...lots of tv's in the bar and they also have a nice dining room area

Visited September 2013

“Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

A good burger and atmosphere. The staff is friendly and they have a wide variety of foods. They remind me of an Omega in Milwaukee. The price is reasonable and a lot comes with the meal.

Visited March 2013
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This restaurant has improved as it settles in, but the food has been good throughout. With a dedicated staff, and a willingness to chnce and offer new things, there is something for everyone. A great place to gather, a perfect place to dine.

Visited December 2012
Beaver Dam
“Nice place good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We really enjoy the atmosphere here and the food is very good..Great selection and always excellent.. The paintings on the wall are outstanding and it's worth the time alone just stopping in...The lounge is very nie but the could give a little bigger drinks..Their glasses are small..

Visited October 2012
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I decided to try out "that new sports bar & grill" for lunch yesterday. We walked in with fairly low expectations. Beaver Dam is not exactly a haven of fine dining.

When we walked in our low expectations were met, at first glance, when we were walked to our table, and we were told they only had one available menu so we'd have to share. But before we had our drinks, a second menu was delivered to our table.

I like the decor. The walls are adorned with painted sports scenes. Football, Baseball, Basketball, Nascar, they have them all covered. It gives you the immediate feel that yes, you are in a sports bar. I definitely like the fact that the tables are spread apart further than they are in most places. While you might think it would make the place feel empty, it actually makes you feel more at ease because you're not listening to the clinking of silverware and conversations from 3 tables around you.

The offerings on the menu itself are nothing special or out of the ordinary. It is what you would expect to find on a sports bar menu. Burgers, a few pasta dishes, sandwiches and a small section of southwestern food.

I had a chicken fajita. I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting dry grilled chicken, overcooked vegetables and premixed Tex-Mex seasonings. I was glad to be proven wrong. The chicken was moist, tender and tasted fresh. The vegetables were cooked all the way, but still had that little crisp and snap when biting into them. I didn't care much for the pico de gallo, but my personal dislike for raw jalapeno's might have something to do with that.

My wife ordered the Rueben sandwich. First thing she noticed when her food arrived was the fact that the sandwich on the bottom was starting to get soggy already. Upon closer inspection, the kitchen had placed the sliced tomato on top of the bottom slice of toast, and then proceeded to built the sandwich on top of that. Given the fact that the weight of everything on top of it is larger than the bearing capacity of a slice of tomato, all the tomato juices were literally being pressed out of the tomato and into the bread underneath it. Other than that, the sandwich was pretty good.

On a side note, it would be nice if they offered a burger choice smaller than 1/2 pound. Not everyone wants to eat half a cow when ordering a burger. 1/3 and even 1/4 pound burgers would be a welcome addition. I can't see our children wrap themselves around a burger that size. There are days I can't see myself devour a burger that size.

We did notice they also serve breakfast. That is definitely something we are planning on trying out.

In the end, we decided this is a place we would come back to for lunch. Not sure it's a place for us to have a nice dinner at, but it definitely beats many of the other options in town for your typical American Bar & Grill fare.

• Visited November 2012