“Best hotel around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Baraboo
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best hotel around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I'm a C.E.O of an electronic company and I travel nationally and internationally, with that said I stay in hotels 80% of the year. I stayed for two nights in Baraboo and this hotel is one of the best places I have ever stayed. Great small town people, excellent service, Bonzos bar staff are very chipper and food was excellent, and the beds are very comfortable.

I stay in expensive and cheap hotels all the time. The service I received and a nice clean room to come to after my meeting was just great. I plan on sending all my employees to this hotel next time we come down for our trade shows. This is a great hotel for leisure and business travelers!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Arrived at this hotel at around 1.30am expecting that the room is ready after a very tiring trip. Room was freezing cold. Heater is not working obviously maintenance & housekeeping is not doing their job and so is the GM. Hair on the sheets. A piece of pretzel on the carpet just between the bed and the desk. Hair in the Bathroom. Cobweb in the lamp. It is not something I expect to arrive. Now as I write this review at 3.42am my family is still freezing in the room. I wish I didn't choose this and used the previous reviews stated here. I am very very very disappointed. You should inspect rooms and make sure it is well maintained.FD tried to help seems to be not trained well in assisting guest's if such problem happens. Very unhappy!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Carol Stream
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

The room we stayed in the TV was not working. Also, the bedside light was broken. I am not a person who can climb into bed and is asleep in five minutes. I need time to wind down, so I usually turn the TV on and watch TV for however long it takes me to fall asleep - could be 15 minutes, could be 2 hours. Last night took about an hour. It was a very pleasant night laying in bed wide awake with nothing to do but stare at the ceiling for an hour.

And for this major inconience we got a whopping $10 off of our bill.

We have stayed in this hotel many times over the years. It started out to be a pretty nice hotel, but over the years it has just gone downhill. It is obviously not maintained very well. Every time we stay it's a little worse than the previous time. When things get brake they need to be fixed, and when things get worn out to the point of being shabby, they need to be replaced. Not so with this hotel. It is getting old, broken and not maintained.

This was the last straw. There are plenty of other hotels in the Wisconsin Dells area that have working lights and tv's.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
illioinis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

This hotel is really bad.The beds are so hard you cannot sleep.The maid never vacumed.I found old food at the foot of the bed.Brefest was really bad the eggs are like crumbs and it taste like fish.There was hasbrowns that were dred out.Coffee was stale tasting.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

The room was freezing when we arrived we had to turn up the heat and then leave to wait for it to warm up. The bed was so hard we canceled our second night we could not sleep at all. The picture of the room shows the Spa in a sitting room. In fact all they did was remove a bed and put it in the room where you sleep.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

A bicycling group I was a part of was looking to get an early start because of the threat of bad weather. Complimentary breakfast was to start at 6 a.m. They willingly had it ready before 5 a.m. to help us. THANK YOU! And the room was very quiet and clean.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

All of the staff from the front desk to house keeping were wonderful!

The pool area was clean and always had fresh towels. The complimentary breakfast always had plenty of fresh food and the area was always clean.

The room was comfortable and quiet. The shower had great water pressure. The bed and pillows were so comfortable.

The front desk staff was always great with giving directions or calling the casino shuttle.

Every afternoon there was a huge tray of fresh baked cookies.

We had a great time in Baraboo and we are already planning on a return trip in a few weeks.

• Liked — Comfortable, quiet and clean
  • Disliked — No Opinion
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!