We stayed at this hotel 1/15/06 while skiing at Cascade Mountain. The rooms were adequate and clean however some of the little things were annoying.
There were no towels in our room when we checked in at night. We had to wait for housekeeping to bring them before we could take a shower.
During the day we tried to get into the side door of the building. Neither key card would not open the door. We had to walk around to the front door. Then our key cards would not open the door to our room. We had to walk back to the front desk. Our key cards had mysteriously been deactivated.
When my children when down to the continental breakfast at 8:00 A.M. there was no milk. They were told someone had gone out to buy some and would be back in 10 minutes. When my wife and I went down at 8:30 A.M. there was no milk. We complained and they said some one had gone out to buy milk and would be back in 10 minutes. At 9:00 when we were finished with our milk less breakfast we stopped at the desk and complained once again that there was no milk. We were assured that someone from housekeeping had gone out to buy milk and would be back in 10 minutes.
The people staying next to us had a microwave oven in their room and we did not. We paid a higher rate then they did. When inquiring at the desk they said not all the rooms have microwave ovens. It you want one make sure you ask at check in.
For the kind of money you have to pay to stay here you can probably do better elseware.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Baraboo Hotel Baraboo
- Best Western Baraboo Hotel
- Best Western Baraboo
- Baraboo Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please allow the staff at the Best Western Baraboo Inn the opportunity to show you true Midwestern hospitality the next time you find yourself in the Baraboo area. This hotel, nestled on the north side of Baraboo on Highway 12, is conveniently located near some of Wisconsin’s most treasured natural areas and preserves: the International Crane Foundation, The Aldo Leopold Center, and Devil’s Lake State Park. The hotel also offers close proximity to the Wisconsin Dells (Waterpark Capital of the World), where guests get to see a completely different face of Wisconsin tourism. A complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is now provided to all registered hotel guests in our adjoining restaurant. This property is 100% smoke-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.